I have a question about water........

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I have a question about water........

Postby Lois » November 4th, 2003, 7:10 am

Leave it to a newbie to have a question about WATER, right??!! :roll:

So here's what I'm wondering....

Does the water (6 to 8 glasses/day) have to be PLAIN water, or does iced tea, diet soda, Crystal Lite, etc. count as part of the daily water intake?????

Thanks,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Water Intake (Requirement)

Postby explorthis » November 4th, 2003, 8:01 am

Lois... I can see by your post's you will be a good (for the board) for us. I am looking forward to your progress as well as your support, and updates on these boards.

Here is my average daily regimine for liquids:
I was under the assumption you needed 64+++ oz of water/liquid OVER AND ABOVE the 5 shakes you drink...

Morning 7:00 shake (no mods)
Morning 7:00 coffee - about 15oz large mug w/equal and a pinch (well sometimes more than a pinch of 1/2-1/2)

I have a 40oz water sipper at my desk and sip about 1/3 of this before 10:00

10:00 shake (no mods)

10:00 - 2:00 sip more water and refill it w/ ice (so its cold)

2:00 shake (no mods)

the 7:00, 10:00 and 2:00 shakes are at work, so I am sort of discrete with them, though most know about Medifast, I am still a private sort of guy, and prefer not to be watched while "gulping"

6:00 (home w/ Family) I fill a 24oz glass w/ diet coke and mix my shake in it - watch this, the shakes cause the soda to foam up something fierce.

6:00 I have 2 cups of hot bullion (my treat - and a favorite) I additionally add a large pinch of season saltto this once hot - for added flavor

between 6:00-9:00 I generally have a 30-40oz glass of crystal light ( I do the Wylers instead because its the same thing, and 1/2 the price - I am a tight wad, actually a buyer for a living so I am very odd with money in my own life) and then somewhere inbetween I have one of those 33oz flavored/bottled waters from Walmart. In California they are $.58 cents, I generally buy about 24 of these when we go shopping. I initially bought these, and the Wylers for myself, but the kids took an instant liking to them (sigh) but I would rather them drink these instead of Soda (I am the Dad, I really have no choice what they drink - thats the Mom job - just the way it is)

SO, I am consuming about 150oz of "liquid" during the day, not to mention again, I AM PEEING ABOUT 15+ times a day. So to answer your question, I am sure (cause it is working for me) you can drink any non caloric - clear - sugar free beverages water or not during your day!!!

It is working for me...... Starting religious day 57 today

One reminder (for me anyway) the shakes must be I-C-E C-O-L-D. When Ice cold, they are exceptionally good, not like Big Mac good, but they are good!

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 4th, 2003, 11:37 am

Hi Lois,
Good question....

You want to shoot for "at least" 64oz of plain ole h2o daily. That's over and above any other liquids you may be drinking. You can have unlimited amounts of other fluids beyond your water as long as it's no more than 4 calories per 8oz serving.

All the best,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Lois » November 4th, 2003, 7:28 pm

Thanks, guys!

Your answers were so helpful.

I can see I will be running to the potty a lot, but that's OK!!!!!!!! Thank goodness we have two bathrooms in our house ;)

I am SO determined to lose this weight, and the support on this board is SUCH an encouragement.

See ya tomorrow.....

Lois
Lois

Water

Postby Nancy » November 5th, 2003, 10:34 am

Lois and others ~

Yup, good ol' water is needed as well as any other non sugar low calorie/low carb liquids. It helps to flush out the burned off fat and yucky stuff. While stocking up on water, buy an extra case or two of TP. I thought about buying some stock in Charmin or MD since so many of us are using Medifast these days! Hah!

Walking down the hall to the BR is a good way to get some exercise and to flaunt that thinning bod to co-workers. Make 'em jealous! They ARE so jealous, too. I have people in my building (I work at a college) that have NEVER ONCE said a thing about my weight loss. Not Once - can you believe that? I lost an entire person. It is rather dramatic and there are some that are so self-centered and jealous that they have never told me that I look nice or asked me if I felt good or was healthier. Weird, huh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » November 5th, 2003, 2:51 pm

Thanks so much for the tips......

With all this talk about running to the potty, I'm thinking maybe THAT'S why the "emoticons" are YELLOW?????!!!!! :lol:

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Return to Weight Loss