Oh Happy Day!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Oh Happy Day!

Postby Leigh » April 16th, 2004, 7:00 am

My gram once told me "Even if you're on the right track, you'll still get run over if you don't move."

Today is the 20 pound weight loss mark for me. I am wearing clothes that I couldn't wear three weeks ago, and I even have a little room in them. There is no pizze, ice cream, or fast food that could ever make me feel this good. :D

When I first started Medifast I wrote down every fear I had about failing or not making it. Most of these fears were about cheating or being hungry. After looking at the things I was scared of, I realized none of these fears were things I COULDN'T control. There was nothing that could happen, unless I allowed it to happen. No one could force me to cheat, and the food wouldn't just fall in my mouth, either. I was the one who was making the choices.

I had a lot of weak moments and moments when I was so close to taking a "little nibble." I do not think that I am any stronger than anyone else becuse I didn't take the bite. I just think that I have finally realized the only thing that has been holding me back all this time is ME. It wasn't circumstances in life, or being sad, it was because I made some bad choices about how to treat my body.

Although it seems obvious that I should have known this, it's been a huge revelation for me. I couldn't be any happier right now!

Happy Friday Everybody! :yippee:
Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 16th, 2004, 8:18 am

Way to go Leigh, Sounds like you are on the right track!

CONGRATS :yes: on the 20 pound weight loss!

Isn't it funny how it is "always something" that keeps us from being successful. Then when you realize it's your own choice it's a :dooh: moment.

I went through a similar thing, end of March. Now it's in my control and it actually has made my life easier. I don't spend the pity time on stupid choices. Actually I hadn't been unfaithful on the program since, until last Saturday when I got sick.

I will be back on program on Saturday.

Keep shaking you have the right attitude

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

congrats!

Postby Tonya » April 16th, 2004, 10:05 am

Wow!!! 20 pounds in three weeks??!!!

Keep your attitude and you'll be done in no time!! Congratulations!
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Yes!

Postby Leigh » April 16th, 2004, 2:19 pm

I didn't think it would be possible to lose that much in three weeks, but I think it has a lot to do with the water, and shakes only. It's really worked out great for me!

Star,
I bet you'll get right back on track. There's not a whole lot you can do when you get sick though, and it can really throw things off. I'll be cheering you on. :D

Leigh
Start date: 3/29/04

220/194/Goal weight ??
Leigh
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » April 16th, 2004, 4:12 pm

S M O K I N' !

LEIGH RULES!!! :kool:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 19th, 2004, 7:48 am

Leigh,

Thanks a bunch. I am better now and went back on Medifast on Saturday. I am actually having a pretty easy time of it. TOM is also hear since Saturday, Well I weighed Saturday morning and I was up to 230, today I weighed and I am down to 224, I wont weigh again until Friday, I just needed that mental boost.

Keep Shaking!

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room