Half-Ton Man in Need of Encouragment

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Half-Ton Man in Need of Encouragment

Postby Landylue » August 15th, 2004, 7:29 am

Hi, guys! Yeah, I'm still alive and kicking, and, no, there's been no change in weight other than in ounces, but I've never felt better in my life! My husband and I go to the gym 5-days a week, and I take Step classes along with Palates (?) classes on four of those days. However, this isn't about me today--I have a request:

CNN.com ran a story on 11 Aug 04 regarding a man who weighed 1,072 when he was admitted to a hospital eight weeks ago. He has now lost over 321 lbs on his way to his goal weight of 200--that will be a loss of 872 lbs, folks! It seems they've put him on a 1,200 calorie a day diet.

Anyway, I thought it would be a great idea if those of us who feel so lead would drop him a note of encouragement. His address is:

Patrick Deuel
Avera McKennan Hospital
800 E. 21st Street
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57117

My best to you all--

LandyLue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Simmshe » August 15th, 2004, 2:29 pm

Thanks for this information Landylue :). Gerald posted about this man a few days ago and was wondering if there was some way to get in touch with him to give him some support, and low and behold--you gave us the info. I'm definitely going to send him a card.

I'm glad to see you back here--I've read tons of your posts and have gotten a lot from them, and you gave me an encouraging welcome when I first showed up here in early May :). Glad you are doing well and being so active! I'm feeling some withdrawal from being a gym rat myself, but I'm learning to be content with doing less intense and less frequent exercise for now--it's a worthy and temporary sacrifice :).

Thanks again!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe

Postby Nancy » August 15th, 2004, 9:13 pm

Hey, LandyLue ~

Thanks for the info. Patrick will surely need encouragement and our Forum Friends here at MakeMeThinner are just the ones to do it!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Landylue » August 23rd, 2004, 5:29 pm

Cool! I've already gotten a reply from Patrick! If you haven't written him as yet, guys, please do so tonight. I'm telling you, HE IS ONE OF US! It's like communicating with another member of this board--he just didn't find a support system as quickly as we did.

He's lost 15 lbs since the story aired, and says everything is going well. He is very appreciative of cards and letters, and he does write back. If anyone ever needed a few kind words and some understanding, it's Patrick.

LandyLue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue

Return to The Weight Room