Hair, skin and nails??

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hair, skin and nails??

Postby kelly1234 » April 24th, 2005, 9:14 am

Has anyone noticed a change in hair, skin and nails since being on Medifast? I feel like all of mine has changed for the worst. Ay suggestions?

Kel
kelly1234
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 24th, 2005, 9:48 am

Hi Kelly, my doc recommended I use a dietary supplement called Biotin while on MF. It promotes skin and Hair health (says so right on the bottle :D ). The only problem is I have forgotten how many mg to take per day. The bottle I have states that each tablet has 1500 mcg. I have been taking 2 per day and I haven't noticed any problems with my hair or my skin.

I hope this helps. Maybe Nancy or someone else who has been on MF longer than I have might have some suggestions.

DonicaB :mrgreen:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bk » April 24th, 2005, 10:25 am

i second the biotin! i take ONE GNC 2500 mcg of biotin every day. my hairstylist even noted on how much faster (and it is normally really fast!) my hair has grown since january.

my skin is dry, and i moisturize with cocoa butter OIL when i get out of the shower. also don't forget to moisturize your face day & night!

you can also take fish oil tablets for the dryness. i take GNC multi-oil formula.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.