Had to treat myself last night - immediate guilt

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Had to treat myself last night - immediate guilt

Postby ktrout » February 15th, 2006, 5:07 am

OK, I've had some pretty good success so far but I'm still a long long way from where I want to be. My first goal is still 66 lbs away and my final goal of 175 is 91 lbs away. Last night my kids, 17 and 15, had several friends over and rather than try and cook for a mob of teenagers I picked up a couple large pizzas and let them have at it. On my way out of the kitchen I grabbed a small (4"x4") square of pizza (no crust) and sloooooooowly savored it. It's the first non-plan food that I've had since January 1st and boy was it yummy !!! The guilt pangs were immediate and I'm right back in the saddle this morning. I've been very good so far in many tempting situations but that one got the best of me. I was surprised how fast I rationalized eating it and how quick the guilt of cheating came on.

Have a great day everyone and stay true to your goals.

ktrout
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Serendipity » February 15th, 2006, 5:12 am

So glad you came here instead of having that 2nd, 3rd, & 4th piece! WTG ktrout!

I can't relate to the cheating, but I often think that if I did cheat, I would feel so bad that it would wreck any pleasure I would get from the taste of the food. I'm great a guilt......got that one mastered.

You are doing so well, ktrout, stay away from that pizza and you will be at your goal in no time.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 15th, 2006, 6:11 am

ktrout
You know they say that confession is good for the soul :secret: Look at the positives, like Jo said instead of having a 2nd or 3rd piece you stopped at one which shows that you are overcoming and winning the battle with food :lightsword: not only that but you got on here and made yourself accountable to others instead of hiding it :couch: that in itself takes a really strong person :weightlift: There is always a way to turn a negative around into a positive and I think that is just what you have done ;) Keep shakin! :dance: You are doing soooo well!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 15th, 2006, 8:08 am

Hey there Ktrout! :hug: Glad you're right back on track! If the guilties try to come creeping back, just remember ALL the victory you've had for 46 days!!!!! A few weak moments DOES NOT cancel out 46 DAYS of VICTORY!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Gwenski » February 15th, 2006, 10:43 am

ktrout-

I think you are doing totally awesome. After 8 months of being a MF Postergirl, I too faltered last week. Immediately, I thought the sky was falling and it took me a good two days to get whatever my issues were out of my system...thank goodiness I sort of had a stomach flu thing at the same time. Blame it on the illness!!

Proud to say that I am 4 days clean back into the program but MAN ALIVE, that first day back on 100% compliant was tough.

No matter what, you still made better choices than you did before and are here sharing and that is so helpful to all of us. The fact that you just picked up and moved ahead is the coolest part! Congrats on your and our learning experience and thanks for sharing.
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby ktrout » February 15th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement. Today has been awesome and I'm right back in the swing of things. No problems at work today in spite of the buffet that HR set up for breakfast. Dinner was 4oz of grilled ham steak and wax beans. I feel great and looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow morning.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby cydj21 » February 15th, 2006, 7:27 pm

I agree with Vicky....I love breakfast and I miss it most of all. :oops:

ktrout...you are awesome! It is great for us to know that mistakes do not equal failure and it is even greater to learn that cheating does not a happy person make. It fuels me to keep going and to avoid "normal" food at all costs. Stories like this keep me focused and on my way to being happy, slim, and healthy and I thank you for sharing! :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21

Postby Dayna » February 15th, 2006, 8:38 pm

cydj21 wrote:I agree with Vicky....I love breakfast and I miss it most of all.

Ya know, for the first time in my life (well, since high school, at least), I'm actually eating breakfast consistently. Breakfast has always been a challenge, but I'm amazed at how much better I feel when I eat right off the bat!

ktrout, thanks for sharing this experience. It helps me learn, and be more aware of my own behavior and potential pitfalls. Good for you for sticking to one piece and getting right on the wagon.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room