Hi guys,,,I'm new here

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Jan » May 21st, 2006, 6:47 pm

Hi Mike,
Around here that place is known as "mouseland" and if you happened to be venturing around there last February you would have run right into us. :D Nancy, Terry, Paul, Bonnie and I were busy riding the rides. And I mean every ride and some multiple times. :mrgreen: We were at Disneyland -- California --and visited California Experience too. Oh that haunted hotel was great!!!! Plus we even got to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It was a real treat!!!!
Mike, I've heard the same thing from other Atkins users. For some reason or another over time people stop loosing or regain their weight. Be sure to be very very compliant on this program. Don't add to or take away from it and you'll do great. Plus, once the weight is gone do the transistion and then go on maintenance. That way those pounds will truly be a thing of the past. :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Thanks for the Welcome

Postby Disney Mike » May 21st, 2006, 6:51 pm

Thanks guys, It has been an easy day two. We stayed out far longer than I anticipated and we had lunch at Johnny Carino's, I had about a half a salad and some grilled chicken on top.

I was pretty full and just ate my bar for the day and I have one shake to go for tonight.

I have a work meeting tomorrow and we will see how that goes. It is more or less my one day in the workplace that I have to attend. I work from home and spend time driving around my territory during the week, except for Mondays. We always go out for lunch, every Monday and Liberty, Texas is not the healthiest place in the world to dine. I will suffice on a salad as well for lunch tomorrow.

I am staying off the scale until Wednesday, I figure I will weigh each Saturday and Wednesday to keep an eye on progress.
"I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park."
'Mater, Cars - 2006

There are three types of people in the world; Those that make things happen, Those that watch what happened, and Those that wonder "What Happened?"
Disney Mike
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby Elke » May 21st, 2006, 7:40 pm

My weigh in days are Sunday and Wednesday. I thought it was Thursday but I was wrong. I'm glad you are doing good. I know today was a little rough for me but I will NOT cheat!!!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby monz » May 21st, 2006, 10:33 pm

Hi Mike,

Welcome abroad! I too just started not long ago, and you'll be reaching your goal in no time. :goodluck:
5'3"
217/200/125

monz
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 21st, 2006, 11:15 pm

Hi, Mike ~

It is a pleasure to welcome you aboard, to know of your goals and have you on the Medi-journey with the other great MakeMeThinner People.

You will be zipping through the 'decade of pounds' and very soon find yourself in the 80 Pound Club Room! Betcha you’ll be there way before October! You have a great attitude and have already figured out the program - it works when people follow the plan as it is outlined. Yup, when we super-size the portions, add a skosh more of this 'n that, weight loss can slow down and reverse...then flab happens!

I hope that your headache subsided. Your energy level ought to pick up soon, too. Sometimes the headache can be a result of lack of hydration. If you get hungry on day 3 or day 4, it is okie doke to have an extra shake.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress on wonderful Wednesday Weigh-in Day!

P.S. Oh, I am ready for another trip to Mouseland, the Happiest Place on earth! Gulp! There are tasty Mouse treats there...the Chocolate Covered Bananners call my name but ya know what? I sometimes mix together a packet of Dutch Choc Shake and a packet of Nanner Creme Shake with 16 ounces of cold water. I slurp half now and the other half three hours later. I call it a "Now & Later." Tastes great and helps to keep the Fat Fairy away! ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Diana » May 22nd, 2006, 11:18 pm

Hi, Mike, and Welcome!

I was completely flattened by the mother of all migraines the Days 3 and 4 I was on the program. Caffeine and salt help. Ok, stop laughing. (Actually, they didn't help those days -- nothing did, not even my prescriptive big-gun meds.) But hang in there!! I think it must be some kind of detox, really. Much better days are right around the corner!

Welcome aboard! (Where'd we leave the grass skirt and rubber chicken for the initiation ceremony?)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.