Grrrrrr....the amazing, bouncing , scale.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Grrrrrr....the amazing, bouncing , scale.

Postby buffybegood » August 3rd, 2005, 7:10 am

Hi everyone, I got out of bed yesterday, stood on the scale and was down another 2 lbs....so happy...I then worked out in the yard, I thought I would have been down another 2 from sweating, then played golf....more sweat...it is about 95 here in Hotlanta.....Today is my 2 week weigh in, but this morning I am up the 2 lbs that I thought I had lost. :x Hmmmm I said, :idea: I bet all that sweating is having a rebound effect. On top of the diet Cokes that I drank...lots of sodium in those and will retain water weight. I am not discouraged, today I will drink only water, still going to play golf, but, I bet those nasty 2 lbs will be gone again tomorrow. Hope so anyway!
Buffy
"That's the plan and I'm sticking to it"
180/167/120
buffybegood
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » August 3rd, 2005, 9:32 am

Buffy..... :no: ......not to worry..... :huh: .....often the humidity retains fluid..... :yay: ...just keep shaking and the flab becomes HISTORY
Enjoy the Golf....... :mrgreen: ......
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby buffybegood » August 3rd, 2005, 10:57 am

Thanks Donna....Wow you have done so well...only a few pounds to go. What do people say to you when they see you? bye for now....
Buffy
"That's the plan and I'm sticking to it"
180/167/120
buffybegood
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 3rd, 2005, 1:36 pm

Buffy-

Donna is right on about not worrying. The darn scale can fluctuate so much over the course of a week but in the end it all seems to work out ok.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

The Scale

Postby Jan » August 3rd, 2005, 3:22 pm

Hi Buffy,
You know heat always affects me that way. I think I could drink a gallon of pure water and still gain weight. The heat makes me swell. I turn into a marshmallow. All the sodium probably added to your scale woes. Don't worry if you've been compliant it's just water weight and we all know that is gone quickly. Keep drinking the water though, we don't want you to dehydrate there in "Sweatlanta"
jan.
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » August 3rd, 2005, 7:22 pm

Buffy--

You know the same thing happened to me on vacation..I walked and walked and then did the threadmill at the condo--stayed compliant and thought okay I am going to lose BIG TIME---NOT!!!!!! :mrgreen: You can not over exercise and expect to lose on this program :D boy that was really different form all the other programs I had done.. Lesson well learned :mrgreen: --Last week I worked out in the yard--cutting grass --some with a push mower(3 acres)and we cut and piled up 2 oak trees and the same thing happened.. the humidity does cause this to happen...The diet sodas do help us to retain fluids as well.. The extra's will probably be gone tomorrow..That's what happened to me.. Keep up the good work and you will be at goal before you know it..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room