Greetings from Drama Queen & Theatre Land!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Greetings from Drama Queen & Theatre Land!!!

Postby Drama Queen » March 26th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Greetings Everyone,

I got a great PM from Lizabette wanting to know how I was and what I've been up to, so I thought I'd post and give you all an update. I'm sorry I haven't been as active on the Boards. I do check in once in a while to read and catch up on everyone's progress. Everyone is doing soooo great!!!

For those of you newbies who don't know me, I started my journey with MF on January 22, 2006 and reached my goal of 60 pesky pounds gone forever on July 30, 2006. Maintenance is my life now and I am keeping the weight off. WooHoo!!!!! I run into people I haven't seen for years and they are amazed at the new me.

I have been extremely busy with work (Sales Manager in a large Hotel), taking care of my wonderful 87 year old Mother and my one true love...Theatre.

I am currently starring as Aunt March in a semi-professional production of "Little Women - The Musical". This is the regional premiere of this Broadway Musical in the Salt Lake City area. The show is double cast and I do four shows a week (after a full day of work at the Hotel). Tuesday/Thursday/Friday Nights and a 12:30 pm matinee on Saturdays.

We have been playing for five weeks already with two weeks to go before closing on April 7. We also did four days of matinee performances (two shows each day) for local Junior High and High School audiences. The theatre seats 508 people and we have had sold-out audiences for every performance. It has been a great show. When the show closes we will have put on 68 performances for 34,544 people. WHEW!!

The costumes are gorgeous! Although, it's not fun being laced tight into a 1860's periord corset and singing! I'll try to get some photos of me in wig and costume and post them for everyone to see.

Keep up the good work on MF everyone and I promise not to be such a stranger!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Amber » March 26th, 2007, 12:49 pm

:wave: Thanks for posting, DQ; you've been missed!
It's so nice to hear that all's A-OK & that the theatre's treating you well~
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: Greetings from Drama Queen & Theatre Land!!!

Postby MerryMary » March 26th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Drama Queen wrote:I am currently starring as Aunt March in a semi-professional production of "Little Women - The Musical".

" LITTLE Women" How apropos!! :lol:

Sounds like you are doing well -- what an exciting life! 8)

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Lizabette » March 26th, 2007, 5:44 pm

DRAMA QUEEN,
How happy I am to see your update. And especially to see that you are still holding on to that precious hard won maintenance.
You are a busy girl, but thankfully not too busy to let us all know how you are doing.
We went through the weight loss phase and the maintenance phase together and you were such an inspiration to me.
Lots of new people here who can use your advice and encouragement.:heart:
I'd love to be a little fly on the wall, to watch your performance of Aunt March at the Theatre, singing in your tight laced corset!
Don't forget to send the photos...
I do hope your mother is doing well.
Be no more stranger, please.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JonnaD » March 26th, 2007, 9:08 pm

Hello, Drama Queen. It's nice to "meet" you. Your life certainly sounds full! It's great to hear from the veterans of the weight wars and hear about their successes. :D
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby smartipantz » March 27th, 2007, 6:46 am

Hiya DQ!!!

Nice to hear from you again. We both went through our journey together as well and I haven't been as active as I should on the boards as well. I just told myself the other day that I gained tons of support and encouragement from people on these boards and I needed to give it back tenfold because if it wasn't for people like you, I wouldn't be where I'm at. I need to be there for the newer peeps :)

Little Women - awesome!!! I know the corsett is probably a bit rough but could you imagine doing it 60 pounds heavier. I bet the corsett makes you look WONDERFUL!!

Make sure you send pics :)

Congrats on keeping the weight off :)

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » March 31st, 2007, 12:58 am

Hey, beautiful! Break a leg!! Good to hear from you. Wish Miky and I lived closer so we could catch the production.

Cheers and good on ya, girl!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to The Weight Room