Greens Question & a Yea Me!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

eat em

Postby bree » June 26th, 2006, 3:18 pm

I would say try different ones. Most of us that are overweight is because we are picky eaters. Lets not pass that on to our kids--try everything!!
Bree
Start weight 180 6/22/06
bree

Postby JeepGirl » June 26th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:It's time to start eating like a grown-up. . Just get over the psychological thing and try it. . No one said this would be easy.

Let me say that I I have tried other veggies recently this is not just "from when I was a kid"

Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus and Mushrooms I have tried within the past month. And Nope I still dont like them. I am sorry but if I dont like something I am not going to Make myself eat it. That in itself would make me not like the plan.

I am a grown-up and I must have missed where it said all grow-ups have to like all veggies.

I am not having a hard time and I never said it would be easy I simply asked if
1. I can skip the green every now and then--which I know is a No and that is fine. I can take my green with me anywhere.

and 2. If it would be ok to eat the broccili each day--I guess that is fine since I am the one eating it.

As for my kids...they Love veggies and we do not allow alot of "snacking" I am not worried about them at all. T

Dont mean to sound snippy about this but the Guest post rubbed me wrong..No it isnt TOM as I dont have that but maybe I am on edge today.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 26th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Don't worry about it, Jeep. If you like the broccoli, eat the broccoli. There's no law that says you have to eat other veggies if you really don't like them (but you might occasionally try cooking 'em a different way to see if that makes a difference; roasting is good, because it brings out the sweetness, and grilling is nice because, well, everything tastes better grilled). But if for now you just want to stick with what you like, go for it.

If at some point you get bored with broccoli, then we can talk about other veggies to try. I just finished my roasted-green-bean phase (I had 'em nearly every night for months) and now I seem to be entering a turnip phase instead. Two things I never thought I'd like.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 26th, 2006, 4:12 pm

*huugs* Robin Thank You that is what I needed to see!
JeepGirl

Postby TheShadow » June 27th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Have you tried brocco-slaw? It's just the stem part of the broccoli that has been shredded. It comes in little baggies in the bagged salad area. I personally am not a big fan of broccoli, I mean I'll choke it down, but I haven't found a way to "like" it yet. But brocco-slaw, now that works for me! I just add the low fat salad dressing of choice, toss, and voila! I sometimes add it to whatever other vegetable I'm having to add some brocco-vitamins. Broccoli is a very nutritious vegetable, should be no problem eating it all the time if that's what you want. I have heard of roasting with a little olive oil and S&P. I'm gonna try that and see if it makes me like it better. I like vegetables better, I think, when I mix them up with other vegetables or with other foods.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 27th, 2006, 12:32 pm

Ohh that sounds yummy. I will have to look for that.
JeepGirl

Postby DogMa » June 27th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Oh, Shadow, definitely try it roasted. I'm no fan of the stuff, either, but roast it with some olive oil spray and seasoning and fresh garlic, and I have to stop myself from eating the whole pan. I even like the stem part the best, so no broccoli crowns for me.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 27th, 2006, 3:14 pm

O I love the crowns the best LOL

I am gonna try roasting it too just for a change of pace!
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » June 27th, 2006, 3:34 pm

I dont like many veggies either. I am fortunate enough to like enough to get me thru this. I have been eating lettuce mostly but I also add in a cucumber or something. I saw that turnip chip recipe and I want to try it but I'm kind of worried I wont like it. I guess it wouldnt be a big waste of one turnip.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 28th, 2006, 8:36 am

lol Jenn I thought the same thing. I am actually gonna try that recipe soon!
JeepGirl

Postby TheShadow » June 28th, 2006, 10:24 am

If you like the broccoli roasted then maybe you will give a few other veggies a chance roasted too. I like my asparagus roasted or grilled. I also mix up chunks of red or yellow bell peppers, onions, squash and mushrooms (I know you don't like mushrooms, you can leave them out) and then roast them with a little olive oil, S&P, and some garlic salt or mrs dash. It's really good. The roasting makes them sweeter. I heard of but haven't tried roasting cauliflower chunks too. I don't like cauliflower, but I'll try anything once. If I can't eat it, i can throw it to the sheep.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss