Great NSV!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Great NSV!

Postby MerryMary » May 2nd, 2007, 9:49 am

I posted this in my journal but thought I'd post it here for everyone to see ...

Yesterday I had to have a pre-employment check-up. Interestingly, I had the same employee-health nurse who I had last year when I did my residency. The first thing she said was, "I see we have a smaller version of Mary now! That's wonderful!" It's always nice to receive a NSV like that :yes: but there was even more ... When she got around to taking my blood pressure I stated how I was interested to see if my weight loss affected it. I've never had a high-blood pressure problem per se and my last check-up it was 128/82. When she took it her eyes lit up and she said, "110/60! (I'm thinkin' :woohoo: ) My, my girl, that is fantastic!! Keep up the good work!"

As I said, it's nice to get the NSVs about appearance. But I am not on MF for that or for what anyone thinks about my weight loss. I am on MF for a healthier body/life and my healthier blood pressure was one the best NSVs since I've been able to eliminate the need for one of my arthritis meds!! :yay:
Mary :cheermed:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2007, 9:56 am

Woohoo Mary!!!!! :woohoo: That's fantastic!!!! :bravo:

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » May 2nd, 2007, 9:57 am

That IS great! I think it's important to have more reasons than just looks to lose weight. But I must confess, although I have lots of reasons, I still want to turn heads once in a while. 8)

Congratulations on losing a med (although it was a while ago, still that's wonderful!) and the lowered BP. You have much to be proud of.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 2nd, 2007, 10:03 am

That is an excellent NSV. :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MerryMary » May 2nd, 2007, 10:03 am

nickieluv wrote: But I must confess, although I have lots of reasons, I still want to turn heads once in a while. 8)

:roflmao: LOL, I'm sure if I were younger that would be one of mine as well, Nickie! ;) I began MF so that I could avoid the crippling effects of arthritis and being bound to a wheel chair!

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary

Return to The Weight Room