goodtaste1

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonicaB » March 30th, 2007, 9:10 am

Jody~ Those little M&M's are the devil :twisted: I tell ya. Don't listen to them......they're liars. They are like wolves in sheep's clothing.

It's good that you are preparing for your trip. Failing to plan ahead spells disaster. I know you are determined........so enjoy your conference. (minus the M&M's) ;)

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby JonnaD » March 30th, 2007, 10:17 am

I'd follow Biki's example and have the staff empty that cabinet, before you have a chance to. :lol:

Have a safe trip.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby larahb68 » March 31st, 2007, 11:37 am

I'd just be happy to see the inside of a W Hotel! :lol:
Lara

larahb68
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 9th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Jody? How are you doing? I've been watching for an update in your journal---hoping all is going well for you.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonicaB » April 10th, 2007, 11:25 am

I was wondering about Jody also........Hello........JODY??????? :wave:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 10th, 2007, 11:48 am

She was on a trip, maybe still is...I hope she avoided the minibar...
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 12th, 2007, 4:33 am

Are you playing hide and go seek and didn't tell any one? I hope you trip is going well. Don't you have a laptop?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby goodtaste1 » May 2nd, 2007, 7:29 am

I'm finally back this morning entering in my journal. It's a great feeling. During my absence, I've learned how amazing these boards are for me personally. They truly provide daily motivation and support and I'm grateful to everyone who contributes.

I felt like a alien when I was reading all the posts about how much everyone loves Vegas. Ugh. I guess because when I go there, it is always for work. I can never wait to get out and get home. I also learned during this last trip that I will be much happier when this weight is off. Not that I didn't know that, but after seeing the pictures that came from the event I was really sad. Most of the people I work around are thin and healthy. I remind myself that everyone is different - we all have different genetics, different circumstances in life, different motivations. I think it is so interesting that in my mind, I don't feel as fat as I look in photos! I can't decide if that's a good thing (hey! at least she has confidence) or a bad thing (I could easily balloon up even bigger without a knowledge of how I look to others).

So for me, the little baby steps and indications of loss at this point are really exciting. When those jeans feel even the slightest bit loose, when I see any movement on the scale at all, changing my diet ticker by any amount, etc. I feel that the next 5 pounds will finally be when people start to 'notice' that something is happening.

With my September wedding just a few months away, I've got a beautiful wedding dress ordered and have postponed my first fitting until May 10th. I want to go in and have to have it taken in at least a little. I've putten off buying absolutely anything for my honeymoon (which is to a surprise location) for at least a couple of months. I know that I'll be so much happier as a size 10 bride (or size 6, 8, 12) than a 14/16.

I've also learned that this program is truly a day-at-a-time process for me. Sometimes an hour at a time. It's amazing what a powerful force food can be in my life. I have gained such respect for many of my friends who are recovering alcoholics or have quit smoking. What resolve that much take and they do it everyday. Although it is different (as I believe alcoholism is a disease) the struggle to stay 'clean' must be somewhat similar.

Anyway, it's great to be back. Great to be focused again and I appreciate you all more than you know.

As Tawanda says, make it a compliant and happy day. (I'm paraphrasing). :D

:bighug:
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 2nd, 2007, 7:49 am

So glad that you are back! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonicaB » May 2nd, 2007, 8:42 am

Hi Jody~ Good to see you back. Stick with MF and Jody you will definitely be a slimmer, sleeker you by your wedding in September. You'll probably have to get that dress taken in a few times. ;)

I have always said that I didn't feel as fat as I looked in pictures. For me, this was just a self-denial problem I was having. I just didn't want to face the facts. I still don't like pictures, but I'm actually getting to a point where I don't mind as much. When I get to my goal, I want all new family photos made. I guess I should say I want some family photos made. We haven't had any for over 12 years because.....you guessed it.......I didn't want to see how fat I was.

I'm glad you're back and focused. Stay program-compliant and you will see quick results.

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Previous

Return to My Journal