goodtaste1

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » March 15th, 2007, 12:06 pm

Glad you did so well under trying circumstances and that your sister is joining in on the fun! Just one note-when I travel-I don't take anything that needs to be cooked. It leaves too much to chance! Take a shaker jar and all you need is water, even if you prefer a blender! But live and learn...
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby goodtaste1 » March 15th, 2007, 4:58 pm

Thanks! That is a great tip. I haven't tried the shaker jar w/out my ice and a blender, but I will definitely do so.

I will also order a few more of the food items that I can, as I just started out with the 'sample pack'. No chili, crackers, etc. that I read about.

I am seriously considering packing a blender to travel with me. As I usually get put in very nice suites (because of my job - I'm an event planner), can't you imagine me firing up the KitchenAid in my room at the Ritz Carlton Laguna? Ha. Funny what we'll do when we are on a mission, isn't it?

My day today has been okay - program wise. Stressful beyond belief work wise.

Can't wait to see the scale tomorrow.

:lol:
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » March 15th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Hi, Jody, it sounds like you are doing great ! Stick with it and you won't regret it !

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby goodtaste1 » March 15th, 2007, 9:37 pm

Thanks, Karli!

You look Mahhhvelous, as they say! I love your quote, too! Always brings a smile to my face.

:D
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1

Postby Tawanda » March 16th, 2007, 5:49 am

Jody, you have some extra temptations in your day that many of us don't have but it sounds like you are determined and looking ahead for ways to avoid failing. Good for you!!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby goodtaste1 » March 16th, 2007, 6:48 am

Well, this morning the scale read 181.1. Not a huge decrease from yesterday, but a decrease nonetheless!

So, 3 days complete and I'm onto day #4. It's Friday today and will be my first weekend on the program. I'm not concerned about sticking with it, it's just been interesting to see how I would look forward to things that mainly revolved around food and drink. We normally love to eat out every Friday night at our favorite restaurant...have a bottle of wine and share a great dinner. Unfortunately, I have to change what that great dinner consists of now - and get a new mindset about it... But I am in a very determined state right now. I really am driven and really, really want to achieve this.

I'm proud that during these extremely stressful workdays, I don't walk into the kitchen and eat 1/2 a bag of chips or a handful of Ginger Snaps without even realizing it. That is my previous MO. Hunger had nothing to do with my eating (well, rarely). Just emotions. .. boredom... stress... happiness....sadness.... joy.... etc.

I keep hearing Dr. Phil's voice saying, 'How's that workin' for ya?'. Something has clicked as my old ways are NOT workin' for me.

Thank God.

TGIF and to day #4! :D
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1

Postby DonicaB » March 16th, 2007, 10:36 am

You have a great attitude, Jody. I can see your determination. Sometimes it seems like once we finally get that determination really working for us......we are unstoppable. I didn't think I could make it past 8 weeks, but I have. I'm on 10 weeks now. :yippee:

You will find a way to enjoy your Friday evenings out AND stay compliant.

I love the Dr. Phil quote.......I'll have to repeat that to myself often.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 16th, 2007, 11:14 am

I can just FEEL your "DETERMINATION" coming straight through the screen:+)))) You are doing GREAT :-P...and tonight if you do go out to your Friday night resturant date, i am quite "certain" that you are going to select the most appropriate L & G
to stay compliant...ENJOY!!!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 16th, 2007, 3:26 pm

You are off to a great start!! Congrats!! I know what you mean about the weekends being about food / drink. But you get used to it and don't even think about it anymore. At least you know you can still go out to eat and be compliant.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JonnaD » March 16th, 2007, 5:46 pm

You have the right attitude, Jody. Stick with it and you'll be joining the winners' circle.

Jonna
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby goodtaste1 » March 22nd, 2007, 8:06 pm

I have not entered anything into my journal in some time and thought I'd jump back in with where I'm at. I was down 7# and then jumped back up a pound or so and now hopefully back down again.

My days at my home office are so much easier to manage than when I have to visit clients in their offices. I've spoiled myself with the shakes so that I love them in my blender with ice, but can't quite get used to them just shaken in my little plastic Medicare shaker. So, today I took two bars with me for meals. I know that 2 bars in one day is a "no-no" but thought that was my best option - since I just can't do the shakes in a cup yet. We'll see how the scale agrees or disagrees with me tomorrow.

I ordered some new flavors/foods and they were at my door to greet me when I got home this evening. That should add some variety and help me get through those days. Included in that shipment are some of the pre-prepared shakes that I'm hoping will be wonderful. I have some business trips coming up and those will be ideal if I like them.

Anywho, babbling tonight. It's almost Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend and the scale tomorrow.

:D
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1

Postby goodtaste1 » March 22nd, 2007, 9:55 pm

Yeah!! I tried one of the pre-packaged shakes tonight for my 9pm fix and it was perfect. I'm so excited. I don't know why but they honestly taste better than me mixing the packet with water. I'm sure it's all psychological, but I'm soooo happy that I like the taste of them. It's going to make my business travel so much easier!

I'm revved up again and ready to hit that 10# mark!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1

Postby bikipatra » March 23rd, 2007, 1:30 am

Glad you love the RTD! Should make busy days easier! :D
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » March 23rd, 2007, 6:03 am

I've not tried the RTD, but it sure would make somedays easier. Thanks for writing about what you thought of them.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » March 23rd, 2007, 6:05 am

I haven't tried the RTDs either. When I mix my shakes I drink them immediately because I don't like it when they get thick. What is the consistency of the RTD?
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal