God Help Me Stop

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

God Help Me Stop

Postby mama2benandrachel » January 11th, 2006, 4:19 am

Hi all,

I'm on day 3 of my post holiday pig out restart. So far so good. I LOVE the feeling of REAL hunger and MF satifies that hunger!

I'm still not stepping on the scales until Sunday. I have a physical next Tuesday, and I hope that I will at least be where I was before this backslide!

I did some Google searching a while back and found a 12 step program similar to AA. I bought the workbook - it is called God Help Me Stop - Breaking Free From Addiction and Compulsion. It is a 12-step Scriptural approach to overcoming addiction including compulsive overeating. It is written by Claire W.

I am going through this slowly because I have very little time after work what with the family and all. I am just finishing up step 2.

I just wanted to share because this is truly helping me get back on track!

Have a great MF day everyone!!!!!!!!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » January 11th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Judy.... :D .....thanks so much for sharing that...... :yes: .....it definitly sounds like something that would benefit me as well.... :runner: ....I'm off to search for the book....... :pagesturn: .......

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby aphrael » January 11th, 2006, 2:37 pm

wow that was probably the most inspirational thing I have read today. I am always looking for little bits of inspiration to hang around my office and at home, that prayer is a definate keeper.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » January 11th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Wow! That IS inspiring!!!!! I just printed it for home and work! It's going up on my fridge when I get home!

You guys are all so wonderful!!!!!!!
Thanks Vicky, and you are right, with God, Medifast and this group, we can do this!!!!!!!!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room