hi

Postby dede4wd » September 5th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Gina's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All is good in the world!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 5th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Thank You all SO Much for the welcome back. It sure isn't an easy thing to do..shame is one of the things that has kept me away as long as I had been.

Still going! :-P
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lizabette » September 5th, 2007, 7:10 pm

So glad you're back, GINA!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby holberry » September 6th, 2007, 7:25 am

Hi Gina :wave:
glad to meet you!
holberry
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » September 6th, 2007, 8:17 am

Hey, Gina, welcome back! There's no shame in restarting, and you're far from alone in that.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SharonR » September 6th, 2007, 10:12 am

DogMa wrote:Hey, Gina, welcome back! There's no shame in restarting, and you're far from alone in that.

Ain't that the truth. hehe

Great to see you! Hope your having a wonderful day!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Howdy

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 9th, 2007, 9:28 am

Thanks Again Everyone, for your kindness in welcoming me back! :mrgreen:

So far so good...although some days I am having one heck of a time eating at all...the shakes are saving me, because I can just gulp them down no matter how much I don't feel like eating. Weird too complain about not having an appetite but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Not counting today(since it has not been a full day) Average loss so far is a pound a day :shock: ..wouldn't it be great if it would keep going like that? LOL Fantasies... they are nice! :lol:

My new Mantra, the little diddy that runs through my head all day is "How low can ya go, How lowww can ya go!!" :lol: I am planning on finding out. :)

TTYL,
Gina

Ginabobina1969

Goood Week!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 16th, 2007, 12:26 pm

Big week this week:
    Well after going missing for 41 days TOM finally showed up..wooooosh!
    2 Years quit smoking.--
    I have been quit for 2 Years, 4 Days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 17 seconds (734 days). I have saved $4,848.03 by not smoking 29,382 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days and 30 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 9/12/2005 2:00 AM
    chopped off about 4 inches of hair and colored-thank goodness it came out okay.
    down another 5 pounds making this 18 down in almost 3 weeks..loving that

When I was on plan before I got down to 16w...and when I restarted three weeks ago, tomorrow. I could barely button my 22 just my size jeans...they are now easily buttoned and baggin in the butt. My bras are also feeling way too loose.. :lol:

I saw the following in someones journal and its a great idea for my own swisscheese mind, to help me track on days when I am feeling less alert/foggy..lol

Original weight: 276
Lost 88 and dropped to low of 188
Restart 8/27/07-247
Week 1--9lbs-238
Week2--4lbs.-234
Week3--5lbs.--229

Onward and downward till next time..

Ginabobina1969

Hi

Postby dede4wd » September 16th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Two years WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of you! What an inspiration!

18lbs in 3 weeks! You're in the ZONE!

Glad the hair turned out purdy!

I'm glad you're doing better getting all your meals in. It's so important!

What a great week!

D
dede4wd

Postby Tawanda » September 16th, 2007, 1:07 pm

You are making such great & healthy changes in your life with the stopping smoking and losing the extra weight. Cutting your hair 4"---brave woman!! I think about doing it but then I chicken out -- your hair looks much longer than mine is though. Coloring......another thing I'm considering (to cover my grays)....but also a bit leary of doing it (use to all the time but then stopped & it took forever to grow it out---do I want to go through that again? LOL).

You are doing great and those baggy jeans will soon be the 16s bagging on you!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

pheww

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 18th, 2007, 6:57 pm

:D Thank You Dede and Tawanda for the encouragement!
:D :D
Tawanda, My hair was actually about the length of yours, in your avatar pic when I cut it. I need to update my avatar pic...someday.
My hair is sitting just about on my shoulders now, I was gonna go in and have the stylist even it out because I thought it looked a little shaggy but I have had so many compliments over the past few days I think I shall leave well enough alone. Instead, I went and had them wax my wild and wooly eyebrows. :lol:

Feeling... :| blah today. headachy, exhausted..and a bit hungry ...past experience tells me to expect a loss on the scale if I triumph over a "hungry day" so I shall gulp down my water and plow through...almost bedtime.

I want to address something here for anyone who reads my journal.I feel bad sometimes that I cannot post too everyone and I want to explain why that is and hope you understand.
I don't post to each and every person...I can't, I just don't have the energy most of the time and when I DO try it takes so much out of me I feel drained out. I know from quitting smoking AND past experience with this diet, that exhaustion is my enemy when it comes to willpower, so I try to keep my energy reserves well stocked. I DO read journals when I get time to sit down for a bit and I quietly celebrate victories and feel badly when someone is struggling..and generally glean all kinds of helpful information.
I occasionally get on a posting/reply spree and as long as my energy lasts, I keep going...when I feel myself lagging..I stop.
I am not sure if that makes sense to anyone..but it's just how I work I guess and I wanted people to know theres nothing selective about it.

I wish everyone success and ease on this program and plan on being around to reach my goal and withness others reach theirs.

Till Next time..Hugs,
Gina

Ginabobina1969

Re: pheww

Postby MerryMary » September 18th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Ginabobina1969 wrote:I want to address something here for anyone who reads my journal.I feel bad sometimes that I cannot post too everyone and I want to explain why that is and hope you understand.
I don't post to each and every person...I can't, I just don't have the energy most of the time and when I DO try it takes so much out of me I feel drained out. I know from quitting smoking AND past experience with this diet, that exhaustion is my enemy when it comes to willpower, so I try to keep my energy reserves well stocked. I DO read journals when I get time to sit down for a bit and I quietly celebrate victories and feel badly when someone is struggling..and generally glean all kinds of helpful information.
I occasionally get on a posting/reply spree and as long as my energy lasts, I keep going...when I feel myself lagging..I stop.
I am not sure if that makes sense to anyone..but it's just how I work I guess and I wanted people to know theres nothing selective about it.

I thoroughly understand where you are coming from, so no apology necessary. Reading journals and responding in a meaningful way takes time and energy ... neither of which I have presently. I truly believe that you are responding with healthy boundaries and good self-care. How much someone posts is not a true indicator of how much they care about others! Hang in there and I hope you have some wonderfully energy-charged days to look forward to! :D
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 19th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Hi Gina :wave:

Just stopping by to catch up with what's going on in your world. Now that I've read about the big events of the week I'm glad I did! I'm in awe of your non smoking numbers. My dad quit about 3 years ago. I've got to tell him to go do the calculations. Better yet, I think I'll do them for him and surprise him!

I'm happy to read about your 18 lbs. Aren't the changes in the clothing the best?!

By the way, to comment on your lack of comments ;) ....I totally understand where you are coming from about not being able to reply to everyone or post often. I think the majority of us are in the same boat. I try to read every day, but with all the active members right now even that can take a tremendous amount of time.

Take care and keep up the great work on plan!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace

Postby Lizabette » September 19th, 2007, 5:23 pm

GINA, 'Grats on the great accomplishments.
Don't worry, just do what you feel you can...we understand!
Just glad you're back with us!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

tough week

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 23rd, 2007, 10:58 am

Mary, Tracy and Lizbette. Thanks so much for your comments and support.
--Mary, I love reading your journal and thank you for sharing your thoughts ideas and inspirations with us all. I always feel more positive and level..."seeing" your quiet resolve and you have a peace about you that just spills over. I always leave your journal feeling more in control, calmer..lol not sure if that makes sense. :oops:
-- Tracy, give your dad a big ol hug of congratulations for his accomplishment of being three years quit. Really Awesome and I can tell how proud you are of him! :)
--Lizbette, what can I say you are SUCH a sweetie I just wanna give ya a big hug.

This was a hard week for me...I lost what I consider a good amount overall but it came off much slower then it has. By that, I mean..usually right after rollcall I see a big drop and that motivates me and encourages me to remain compliant with no struggling.
This week it was not that way...the scale didn't move from Sunday-Thursday..and those days were really mentally tortuous. I need to come up with a plan for plateaus aside from the obvious one that no matter what, I will not eat off-plan.

I made it through McDonalds, Pizza, Bob Evans...that my family enjoyed this week, without even a taste ,so I know that even when my willpower is low..I can STILL say no. :?

I added in some walking, nothing spectacular but for me, getting out of the house to take a walk, just FOR the sake of walking is an accomplishment. :lol: Three times I walked with the kids 1/2 mile. I plan on upping that to 1 mile each time, this week.

I am down 3 pounds since last Sunday..tomorrow is offically 4 weeks.
I was actually feeling dissappointed in 21 pounds down in 4 weeks, mostly because I had set my mind on 25...then I checked my progress chart from the first time I was on mf and my first 4 weeks results then were 18 down and I can remember just being thrilled with that. Persepective, is a wonderful gift. :lol:

Original weight: 276
Lost 88 and dropped to low of 188
Kept off-29 pounds
Restart 8/27/07-247
Week 1--9lbs-238
Week2--4lbs.-234
Week3--5lbs.--229
Week4--3lbs--226 21 down

Sooooo, with the 29 I maintained from before...andddd the 21 lost so far I am finally back in the 50 lb club! WOOOHOOO!!! :-P

Ginabobina1969

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal