Getting Rid of the Old

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Getting Rid of the Old

Postby lan » September 19th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Hi, Everyone.

Someone here locally has a huge truck and was taking a load down to the hurricane victims. I decided to put in all of my clothes that I have just outgrown. I lovingly packed all of the boxes--six HUGE boxes full of all of my 3X's and 2X's. I wrote on the lids of each box whether they were career clothes, casual, etc.

I hope they help someone who has lost everything. Also, I have shut the door on gaining weight again. I have to make this work for my health and because I no longer have clothes in the larger sizes.

Whew! Exciting and yet that is a commitment--one for which I feel ready.

Happy Medifasting, everyone!
Lan
lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Nancy » September 20th, 2005, 2:21 am

Lan ~

That is exactly the right thing to do and you have the right frame of mind. If we truly are serious about making this a permanent lifestyle change - to attain and maintain a healthy weight - then we must get it in our mind that we will not need those fat clothes any longer. As soon as they are too loose, get rid of them - bless another with something new to them ~ in fact, you can look forward to blessing a lot of others because you will be too small for those clothes - and do all you can within your power to follow the program precisely, to reach a healthy weight and to live the BeSlim way the rest of your days.

The quality of your life and the sense of pride will be worth it all - remember, food is merely a moment on the lips and forever on the hips...it is the people and our relationships that are of value, they are the most important thing of all. Food is fuel; it is not friendship and does not equal love...

I know you are going to make it this time, Darlin’. This is your ticket to Thinsville! So proud of you!
Last edited by Nancy on September 20th, 2005, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 20th, 2005, 5:53 am

Lan,

Good for you! Be proud of yourself. You ARE ready! This will help you stay on track.
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

lan

Postby LoriO » September 20th, 2005, 10:29 am

That was a generous and SMART thing for you to do!

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 22nd, 2005, 6:54 am

Lan..... :whoohoo: .....that was a committment!!!!!!....good for you.....and it was a very thoughtful thing as well......... :angel: ......may God Bless you for your generosity.............

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Gwenski » September 22nd, 2005, 10:47 am

Amazing.

Not only have you lost pounds but you have cleaned out the extra large baggage. Knowing the clothes are going to people who really need them makes you feel even lighter.

You are my hero! Awesome!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby martha » September 23rd, 2005, 12:49 am

Lan--
I am so PROUD of you!!!!
As one of those people in Mississippi who went though the storm I send a bunch of "THANKS" to you.. there are alot of people who lost everything and really need the clothes.. it's very generous of you.. Now you can't turn back :D Keep up the good work..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room