getting rid of stretchmarks

Fitness and Exercise

getting rid of stretchmarks

Postby steflou » January 19th, 2006, 9:31 am

I am new to medifast after trying Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Atkins, etc. I am giving advice on a routine I am doing that actually works for stretchmarks because I know this is probably everyone's biggest concern, after weight loss. There is a website called <snip>no urls please - UT</snip> when this lady,Jean Wu, has a technique(she used it herself and has before/after pictures) of an at home microdermabrasion technique. You take a bath/shower for 5-10 minutes, then mix 4-5 tbs Freeman's apricot scrub, aloe vera gel, and 2-3 drops sunflower oil. You massage with a wooden peg massager for 3-5 minutes until bright pink, then another minute with a loofah and rinse. Then apply collagen/elastin lotion. This technique really works! You can order the whole kit from her website for $35 or buy all the items yourself. I really recommend it to anyone wanting to rid themselves of these ugly things. She has a modified technique of this to get rid of cellulite. She has an e-book you can download or she can mail you a hard copy-it has a schedule of how often to do the massage and tips. The ONLY other thing, albeit expensive that I have also been doing and seeing a difference in is to use the Murad Firm and Tone Dietary Supplement pack-it is a month supply of vitamins you take twice daily-I am doing 8 weeks(2 boxex) and after 1 month am seeing a difference in the color and texture-but it costs $135.00 a box. You can buy it from <snip>no urls please - UT</snip> or Ulta beauty supply stores <snip>no urls please - UT</snip>. I thought I would share this with the forum because after everyone achieves their "bikini figures" they want nice, unscarred skin to go with it!
steflou

Postby Nooney » November 30th, 2006, 11:02 pm

Oh gosh thank you, I was just about to post something asking if anyone knew how to get rid of them. I have very sensitive skin that rips open easily, and it just doesn't know what to do with the muscle. My arm looks like it has bad keloid scars on it and my stomach looks like someone ran over it with a tire. People thought they were open sores, I'm afraid to wear a bathing suit. I was going to go to a dermatologist to get rid of them after I reached my goal (I haven't started medifast yet) but I'll see if this works first.

Thanks again!
Nooney

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2006, 9:34 pm

Be careful. This sounds suspiciously like an ad, with all the Web sites and coming from a guest. It may be legit, but buyer beware.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 3rd, 2006, 10:19 pm

yep....it's definitely somebody soliciting, but I thought it might be a topic of interest here so I left it.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nooney » December 3rd, 2006, 11:34 pm

Of course they're soliciting :lol:
But at this point I'm willing to try anything
to get rid of these things.

I've moderated 4-5 seperate forums over the past few years.
There's an easy way to tell if they're specificially here to spam.
They tend to have e-mails addresses like freeservicemail[DOT]info
etc ( I just flat out block those types of e-mail addresses from signing up in the first place) their profile will also contain a link to what they are talking about anywhere they can get it.

They also tend to start their posts off with something silly or name the topic something like "INTERESTING". I usually get 1-2 per week across the forums. So don't worry, I know how to spot em. Multimedia Comm. (Fancy phrase for marketing ) was also my major in college. I don't mind if people are trying to sell me something, as long as they don't start spamming and being annoying and its not an obvious rip off (like the 50 million hoodia knock off ads)

Anyway, ending rant now I hate having to delete the little buggers every other day. I couldn't handle allowing guest posts, makes it harder to track where they're coming from aside from the IP they posted with.
Nooney

Return to The Gymnasium