Getting Back on the Medifast Saddle Again....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Getting Back on the Medifast Saddle Again....

Postby mellowmom » January 7th, 2009, 1:29 am

Hi Mellowmom is back and this time I'm seeing it through to the end.
I joined in March of '06 and lost 120 pounds in 9 months on Medifast.

I couldn't believe how much healthier and happier I felt after dropping all those pounds. While still needing to drop about 50 more pounds, I wasn't concerned that I'd have a problem reaching that goal.

But fate had other plans, and "stuff" happened and instead of sticking with my plan, I fell, and fell hard, back into old habits and bad eating mode.

Food has always been my drug of choice and I've spent the past two years in a food induced stupor.

My downward spiral started when my best friend passed away in NOvember '06 while I was on vacation. I had planned to go see him when I got back, but he died the morning I returned and I never got the chance to say goodbye.

A few months later, my son Nick started having eye problems. Long story short he had a tumor in his eye, and after further scans were run, it was discovered that he also had kidney cancer and adrenal tumors. (Part of a hereditary disease he inherited from his dad.) He managed to make it through all the surgery and relentless visits to clinics and labs, but it was touch and go for awhile.

In Late September '07, my mom fell ill and was diagnosed with lung cancer. Ironically she never smoked in her life. While undergoing chemotherapy she caught an infection that December and died two days before Christmas.

And the final blow came in May of '08 when Nick, recovering from all his surgery and feeling and looking the best he had in the past 18 months, apparently aspirated in his sleep while at his care facility and died two weeks later never having gained consciousness.

I hit bottom and have been lying in that pit ever since. I used food to give me strength in the beginning, and by the middle of last year, I used it to comfort and console myself... Guess what... It didn't work.

So now, after getting counseling to work through my sorrow, I've come back to Medifast and am embarking on a journey of self renewal and repair.

I see that most of the "old" group is gone, but a few names still posting strike a familiar chord. Thanks to the "oldies" for their support back in '06 and "hi" to those have joined since I was last here.

Let's get this done.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 7th, 2009, 3:53 am

Hey there Mellow -

I think I might be one of those you met along the path two years ago - I'm so sorry for everything you have gone through and I cannot even imagine it all happening virtually at once. I hope you had a wonderful support system through all this, and I'm glad counseling has helped you some. Welcome back - even though there are new faces, this is still a supportive place.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » January 7th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Ooh, Carmel, of course I remember you, and missed you, and am just so sorry to hear of all the sorry you've encountered these last couple years. No one deserves so much heartache, and the fact that you've been able to turn a corner and re-enter the world is an enormous testament to your strength and character. Please know my thoughts and heart are with you!

Obviously I am sorry the weight has come back, but you know how to kick its a**, you've done it before, and you'll do it again!

Please come here for support, it's not as active as the old days, but the regulars are regular, and those of us who don't post quite as often are still here with open arms!

Best to you,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Tawanda » January 7th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Carmel, what a horrible time you've had in the past two years. I pray that this year will hold abundant blessings for you.

I, too, am sorry that you are having to re-do the weight battle, but we're here to support and encourage you all the way to your goal.

Welcome back!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.