Back in the saddle... :)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Back in the saddle... :)

Postby goodtaste1 » April 27th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been away for awhile - travelling for work - but am so happy to be back home, back on the boards and most importantly back on the program! I learned that extreme stress + travel are a bad combination for me when trying to stay true to the program. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight while I was away so it's easier to jump back in again.

I plan events for a living and when I got some recent photos back from a celebrity party for hundreds that I did for a client in Las Vegas, I was sick to see myself. I look very tired (which was inevitable), fatter than I believe I am, and much older than my 45 years. As depressing as the pictures were, seeing them was a great catalyst to kick myself in the butt and get back into the groove.

I am getting remarried in September to the most handsome, wonderful, caring, loving man and I really want to feel beautiful on the outside for this special day. :D

It's amazing how enthused I feel just reading the posts again today and I appreciate everyone's support. So, thanks in advance for sharing your stories and advice and encouragement.

Tawanda - thanks especially for your thoughtful note. If I could come through this computer with huge hugs, I would definitely do so.

Take care everyone and here's to great successes!

xo

:hug:
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 27th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Jody~ so good to see you back and ready to go. :wave:

I plan events for a living and when I got some recent photos back from a celebrity party for hundreds that I did for a client in Las Vegas, I was sick to see myself. I look very tired (which was inevitable), fatter than I believe I am, and much older than my 45 years. As depressing as the pictures were, seeing them was a great catalyst to kick myself in the butt and get back into the groove.

Pictures have always made me depressed as well. Actually I never really allowed anyone to take a picture of me, unless I had to. I think it was because I somehow was kidding myself into thinking that if I didn't see it, it wasn't true. Well, I finally wised up and now I actually don't mind so much.

As you said, though, pictures also give us the kick we need to get going. I'm glad you made that choice and are back to finish it.

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 27th, 2007, 12:45 pm

DonicaB wrote:Jody~ so good to see you back and ready to go. :wave:

Pictures have always made me depressed as well. Actually I never really allowed anyone to take a picture of me, unless I had to. I think it was because I somehow was kidding myself into thinking that if I didn't see it, it wasn't true. Well, I finally wised up and now I actually don't mind so much.

My husband took me to Paris two years ago and there is not one piece of photographic evidence I was ever there. I just wouldn't let him take a picture because I had to be drunk first.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 27th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Jody, glad you are back and the next 10# will be off before you know it. :)

You were missed.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Pashta » April 27th, 2007, 5:33 pm

I firmly believe that the camera really does add 10 pounds. I see pictures of people and they always look bigger in the pictures than in real life. Welcome back. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kmr » April 28th, 2007, 5:08 am

"Ditto" with what Pashta said! :wave:
kmr
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.