Funny NSV

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Funny NSV

Postby Serendipity » July 26th, 2006, 4:40 am

Now, don't bash me with a bunch of happy birthday's. It was yesterday and you missed it, HAH! :mrgreen: But I thought this was pretty funny and it actually made my day, so I wanted to run here and post about it.

I have 2 very dear friends who moved away from our little town several years ago. Although they live far away now, we try to keep in touch and try to get together at least every few years. When I started Medifast, I knew that we would be meeting this year and I thought it would be fun to surprise them with the new me.....so all of this time I haven't said a word. We're meeting on Sunday in Jekyll Island, GA, and I'm so psyched to see their faces when they see my face!

Anyway, I turned the big 5 oh yesterday (Joy, its very, very painful) and what is delivered to my office? A huge bouquet of Over-the-hill cookies! :shock: It came from one of the friends I'm meeting this weekend! She doesn't have a clue.....the grapevine didn't get to her, YEAH!!! The cookies were immediately doled out to office mates. Hubby ate 2! Then he looked up the calorie content and almost had an aneurism......2 cookies=1200 calories, hahahahaha.

I just can't wait to see my friends on Sunday.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Amber » July 26th, 2006, 6:57 am

Too Funny, Jo!
Hope you have a great weekend- We look forward to hearing about astonished faces!!!
As for the FIFTY-thing, I'm looking forward to it (in 1.5 years)! Life is sooooooo good after 40 :D
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 26th, 2006, 7:04 am

Happy Belated 50!!!

1200 calories .... 2 Cookies!!!! Holy Bat Poop - that's more than we eat in one day! I'm sorry folks, cookies are great, but are they really worth sabotaging all our hard work. Not only do we have the calories to deal with - but what ELSE are in them that will put our body in wonkiness!

All I could think of is........ if I wasn't on this program, WHO knows how many of those cookies I would have eaten in one sitting because they were MINE and it was my birthday!!! :?

12 calories????? I still can't get over that! Might as well spread them all over my thighs!

Have a good one!! And Happy Birthday Again!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby JeepGirl » July 26th, 2006, 7:57 am

Ohh I bet you will totally surprise them! That will be awesome!!

JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tankie » July 26th, 2006, 8:46 am

You are gonna knock their socks off!!!! The weight plus looking my-t-fine besides, you're gonna need to bring the first aid kit......

:candle: :birthday: :candle:

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby loriannk » July 26th, 2006, 9:05 am

They are going to walk right past you. You look so fabulous. Those must have been some pretty special cookies to be 600 calories a piece. Holy Cow!

Have a wonderful time this weekend.

3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jump4joy » July 26th, 2006, 9:47 am

At least you minimized the PAIN of this milestone b-day by arriving at it looking a FABULOUS FIFTY! Now you can enter this second half of your life as a brand new you! :D

I hope you'll fill us all in on the fun details with your "unveiling" this Sunday. Maybe you could get someone to capture it all on a camcorder.....their reactions will be priceless. :shock: :shock:

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dede4wd » July 26th, 2006, 9:52 am

I can't wait to hear about their reaction. The girls are right, they're going to walk right past you!

1200 calories, 2 cookies! I remember when I would've eaten the whole basket! Great job passing them out!

Happy birthday (belated), here's a toast to the second half of your life being wonderful, vibrant, healthy and happy!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 26th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Jo, you certainly have given yourself one healthy and beautiful birthday present, to be fit and so healthy and to look so fabulous in your studio pics. Would love to be a fly on the wall to see the faces of your good friends when they see you!! Wow!! Someone needs to be there, taking pictures at that moment! :D A Very Happy belated Birthday!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 26th, 2006, 2:50 pm

wow they sure are going to be suprised.. i absolutely loooooove jekyl island ga :D i have pretty pics of the beach there.. i want to go back too :D
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby Drama Queen » July 26th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Jo,

I would love to be a fly on the wall when your friends see the new you!! You will knock their socks off!!! Belated Birthday Wishes and Congratulations on turning 50. I can tell you from my experience every year gets better!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Prancer » July 26th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Jo I remember doing that when I lost all the weight before having kids. It was so much fun to see the faces of our family and friends.

I hope you had a fantastic Bday and shame on you for not letting us know. We could have all lifted our shake glasses and toasted you.
Prancer

Postby MARIE » July 26th, 2006, 7:06 pm

HA! Your will power on the cookies is inspiring!

:birthday: to you!

We will all look forward to your re-cap of the day your friends fell down on the ground when they saw you! :whattha: :eyecrazy: :whattha: :eyecrazy: :whattha:

Marie :D
MARIE
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby sheila » July 26th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Jo, Happy birthday! I love reading your posts. That is so funny. And you are waaaay better at keeping a secret than I would be! :D
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Re: Funny NSV

Postby Mike » July 26th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Serendipity wrote:Then he looked up the calorie content and almost had an aneurism......2 cookies=1200 calories

These could solve the starvation problems in some small countries. Not sure I even EVER want something like that. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room