Full Fast

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Full Fast

Postby sheri1103 » December 6th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Hi All - I am doing the full fast - I think. But I need clarification to be sure I am doing it right. I am having 6 packets per day + the salad greens if I feel like them. I have searched the site and can't find the recommendations for the full fast. My doctor has given me the green light to do this for one month (full fast). Any one got some ideas?

Thanks!
Sheri
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 1:52 pm

It is called the complete plan...I would recommend discussing with your doctor first how many Medifast meals he or she would like you to have on the Complete plan.

Many times when someone is following the Complete plan they will add additional Medifast meals, too boost caloires. Your doctor may advise having 7-8 Medifast meals. Make sure to discuss with your doctor how many Medifast meals you should have and what calorie level you should aim for. Then stick to what he/she says.

That's why the complete plan isn't discussed much, it's closely physician-monitored. Your doc may want you to eat a MF meal every 2 hours that you're awake. He/she will also suggest what you should have as far as snacks/what and when.

I know Ark is on the complete plan, not sure who else is.

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheri1103 » December 6th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Thanks De De! You are always such a big help!!!
My doctor pretty much left it up to me; which is why I have the 1 month restriction on it. But you are right, I should look at having more packets.

You know I feel great too! Not nearly so tired all the time. And even though I am not hungry I am very good about staying on schedule; ie: no skipping of packets. I even have my hubby looking at food labels for a carb count!! :D

-sheri
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 6th, 2006, 2:04 pm

When I first started, my doc had me do the complete program for a week, just to get me into the swing of things and not letting miss sneaky (that's me) make L & G choices until I was in Ketosis and losing...

But on the complete plan...6 MF meals is 600 or so calories...may not be enough. Your doc may just say "hey, I want you at 800 calories a day or 850 or whatever..."

Then just figure out how many MF meals that is and then make a schedule to make sure you eat often enough to get all your MF meals in.

"The Complete plan, which is a very low calorie diet, should only be done under the direct supervision of your doctor and you should be seen more often. You will want to have your labs monitored more regularly.
The weight loss between the Complete and the 5 and 1 plan only varies by 1-2 pounds in the end of the entire weight loss. With the 5 and 1 plan it makes it easier to transition off the program as well as socialize with family and friends while on the program. Medifast does not recommend nor advise the Compelte plan."

I yanked the above quote MF Nutrition Support...

If your doc says more than 900 calories, you might as well do the 5-1 plan...that way you get to CHEW something...My daily calorie intake is about 950 per day...with a L & G of meat and salad or meat and grilled veggies.

I'm babbling, but the gist of it is talk to your doc...and do AT THE VERY LEAST 6 MF MEALS PER DAY!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 6th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Can I can I can I, please, huh...do the full fast too??? I bet if I asked my doctor she would say yes...hmm...maybe...I wanna do the full fast!!! :table:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby elle4nelly » December 21st, 2006, 5:41 pm

You know?

I think I'd like to actually do it for 30 days as well! And then transition to 5+ 1 Lean and green1

I just have no control over food and I am thinking a full fast would prevent me from straying away! I am willing to give it a try!

;)

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » December 22nd, 2006, 3:09 am

elle4nelly wrote:You know?

I think I'd like to actually do it for 30 days as well! And then transition to 5+ 1 Lean and green1

I just have no control over food and I am thinking a full fast would prevent me from straying away! I am willing to give it a try!

;)

Nelly

Remember-ONLY UNDER A DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION!!!!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to Weight Loss