Full fast vs. 5 and 1

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Full fast vs. 5 and 1

Postby monkeymom » February 9th, 2005, 9:46 pm

Hi everyone. Hope you are all happily shaking away :)

I have a question that I think I've seen the answer to somewhere in all the reading that I have done in this plethora of information, but just not for sure.

I accidentally wound up doing a full fast day Sunday (just too busy studying to cook anything). I had been on MF a little over a week at this time and having no problems whatsoever.........thank you Lord. So I thought, hmmm, maybe I'll just switch and start doing the full fast routinely, it's sure a lot easier, especially on school days. Well I've been full fasting since then, today is 4th day. No problems whatsoever once again.........that you Lord again. I plan to keep this up if I can, but I am wondering if it is "legal" to go back and forth between full fasting and doing the 5 and 1 plan. Does it mess with the ketosis or anything else that would slow things down or cause me problems?

Thanks very much for any info you can give me. I am off to read "Political Thinkers".........well, at least the first 85 pages of this 900 monstrosity

:bricks: Yep, that's probably what I'll be feeling like when I'm done. Oh well, have my wild rice soup to keep me company :)

Goodnight all.....have wonderful days.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 9th, 2005, 10:16 pm

Yes, you can go back and forth. Some people do full fast on weekdays and then lean and green on the weekends, for the sociability of it or because of time considerations.

At the moment I have a class on Tuesday nights, so I'm doing full fast on Tuesdays; it's just easier to grab a shake than to try to put a meal together.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby monkeymom » February 10th, 2005, 8:13 am

Thanks 24Karat. I had a feeling that was the case, and was sure I had read it somewhere, but just wanted to make sure. Things are going to so well I don't want to do anything silly to mess it up.
It is so much easier just to have bars and packets for shakes in my school bag. I'm on campus from 4-10 on Tues and Thurs, so I usually wind up having 2 meals there. Trouble is I have no time between classes. So I just get a bottle of water, drink a bit more than half of it, then mix my shake up right in there. The kids are kind of jealous of me and my orange pineapple shakes ;). Oh well, they go to the juice bar.
BTW, is that a pic of you in your avatar? It's adorable.

Happy shakin and schoolin!!
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby 24KaratGold » February 10th, 2005, 9:25 am

That is me, in my Renaissance Faire outfit, yes. Thanks for the compliment!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 10th, 2005, 11:17 am

Hi Monkeymom (just love the name!) :lol:

Just make sure that you are still only doing 1 bar a day. The full fast should include 6 medi-meals - but only one of those can be a bar. You probably know - but I wanted to re-iterate it.

Happy shaka-shaka!
scrabbler7

Postby monkeymom » February 10th, 2005, 1:12 pm

Thanks Scrabbler. I have been very careful to only have 1 bar a day, as much as I would love to have more. Those darn things are mighty tasty :mrgreen: .

As for the name, it's a nic I got from my kids and there "group" when they were in high school (4 and more years ago). Guess it's stuck....lol.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Return to Weight Loss