Friday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Friday

Postby pandasmom » November 17th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Hello everyone,

:x
I do not know why I am having ahrd time today. I am keeping busy here in the house, dishes, laundry, moping things like that. But i feel like i want to eat.. I am not really really hungry.

WHY Is it that i am down to my last 15 pounds and it just seems to be getting a little harder..
In 15 pounds I willhave lost 100 pounds.
WOW that it self seems unreal..
I love Medifast and have been on it since April..

The one thing i do not like is losing my hair .. i did get the shampoo Nioxin and it does seem to help.. I have not tried taking fish oil or any thing else. I take a daily vit..

Are we really not getting enough protien on this diet that we need? I make sure i have what i am suppose to at night on my lean and green.. SO i was just wondering as everyone tells me the hair loss is most likey from not enough protien..
I had my blood work down and the dr was so happy it was great.. I have had higher cloristol (sorry have no idea how to spell that one) any way it was only 143 so i was happy and so was she. Everything else was great she said...

any way just a little frustrated so came on here today to vent.. Everyone here is so great and so supportive.. Thank you.

Terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » November 17th, 2006, 3:23 pm

It's really nothing to do with protein, so I'm not sure who's telling you that. Hair loss is common with rapid weight loss (and 85 pounds since April is certainly rapid!!!). I'd try adding some fish oil (it's also excellent for your cholesterol profile, raising HDL and lowering LDL).

Other than that, my understanding is the hair loss stops when the weight loss does (I never had the problem, but my weight loss was also never rapid). So if you only have 15 pounds to go, it won't be long before you're thin AND have your hair back.

As for the eating thing, it happens. Some days you're just hungrier (or just feel like eating more) than on other days. Assuming it's not that extra carbs crept in yesterday or anything like that, the best you can do is exactly what you're doing. Distract yourself as best you can until it passes. If you get really desperate, have an extra shake or an allowed snack. Sometimes that's all it takes to get rid of those hungries.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » November 17th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Try adding biotin also. Diana gets this little supplement that comes in a pink box. Hair, nails, something or other. Has like 1000 mg of biotin or something like that.
The fish oli is good, and I also take a daily Vit E (just because...lol)
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amber » November 17th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Hang on, Terri!
You're doing great.
That light at the end of your tunnel is NOT a train...
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 21st, 2006, 7:44 pm

Hi,
I agree with Mike,
Between the nioxin shampoo and the Hair,skin, nails vitamins with 3000mcg of Biotin, I'm doing okay!

You're almost there!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.