Fresh meat!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Fresh meat!

Postby Cece » January 30th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Hi guys :) I'm Cece as you can tell, :P, I am a 25 y.o student/emergency room worker that lives in the lovely state of Ohio. I started Medifast 6 days ago, and BOY has it been a bit tough. I am VERY VERY VERY proud of my self for sticking to the diet. I have made a couple of oopsies along the way, like i ate sugar free Jello PUDDING << eep instead of the regular Jello today and yesterday thinking that it was one of the snacks but it's not. =( I am a bit bummed out but I think I can get over it and do better!! I had a few non scale victories already! I have 10 hour school days on Mondays, and boy is it HARD! I carry my new boyfriend, medifast shaker, along with my shakes, a bar, and my lunch in my backpack and stay on plan! I use the microwaves around campus that are usually for the vending machine food, yuch!, and zap anything that needs to be hot and in case I run out of water I keep dollars to buy that! I think if I keep this attitude up I will do very well.

I am about 5'11 and weight 245. =( I want to get down to a "healthy" weight. I don't really have a dream to become super model thing but I just want to be healthy for the sake of my future and career. I am th inking about 170-180, is that doable or should I go lower to maybe 160? I really am not sure.

I really also want to start working out again but I am not sure how it affects my body since I just started the diet.

I have been reading the board for this week straight and I feel this is the right place for the "support" that I desperately need!! Not everyone around me understands why I am doing this so it makes it a bit hard!!

Hope everyone had a great evening, and hope to cya guys around the board!

Oh! I have 2 questions, hope this is ok.

1. Since i fudged on my dieting yesterday and today with the jello puddings, *sigh*, does this mean that my body has to go through the 3 initial days to get going on Ketosis?

2. I am a "night" girl. My work shifts are usually 3pm-11pm. I am usually up late during the day and stay up into the weee hours of the morning. If I follow my diet just as I could if I woke up at 8am everyday, woudl this be okay? Or does the time of day really matter? I know this sounds silly but I am trying my h ardest to wake up early.. it just doesn't always work :(

sorry for the novel! thank you in advance for the help ;)
Cece
First Post

Postby falisamarie » January 30th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Cece

Welcome to our medifast family :wave: I think you are going to do great on the program. I am just entering my third week and have lost 13lbs.

I think your goal weight should be whatever you are comfortable with.

As far as the question about the pudding I am not sure but one of the more experienced medifasters will probably chime in here.

As far as your other question I do not think it matters what time of day you start as long as you get all 5 replacements and your lean and green in everyday.

Hope to see you around here

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Fresh meat!

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 30th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Hi Cece! Welcome to the forum! :D

Wow, you have a busy life! How great is it that you are all of those things AND you are taking steps to improve your health! Way to go!! :kool:

I would say, at a tall 5'11", 179 is the top of the BMI range for you, at 25. According to the BMI charts, for what it's worth, the lowest on it (BMI 20) is 143. Whatever you feel comfortable at, I would say! Plus if you are quite muscled from exercise, there is some leeway in these numbers.

As far as the SF pudding, looks like it has 60 calories per serving. Eh, not too terrible. I wouldn't recommend continuing to eat it , but as a past mistake, you could have done much worse! Trust me... I, Ms. Reuben Sandwich, know! :bricks:

Working out, they say, to wait 3 weeks if you have not been active, then ramp up slowly to 45 minutes mild daily exercise. More than that, you start cutting into your basic fuel needs, and you will stall on the weight loss. :weightlift: If you HAVE been exercising, then you're supposed to halve it for 3 weeks, then ramp it back up to 45 minutes... I believe!

On your schedule, just eat every 3 hours when you're awake. Have your first MF meal within 1 hour of rising, then go to it! Time of day doesn't matter at all... just the timing of the packets :flip:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 30th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Hi, Cece. I work nights, too, so no, time of day doesn't matter at all. I get up around 11 a.m. and just start from there.

As for pudding, mistakes happen. The good news is you can have Medifast pudding instead as one of your meals. I didn't like it at first, but now I LOVE the stuff.

Re: ketosis, it very well could have kicked you out. The mix is sugar-free, but the milk you make it with is pretty high in carbs (and the prepared kind is pretty high in carbs as well).

Don't let it bother you, though. We've pretty much all made mistakes along the way. Just pick yourself up and keep going.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Hidy Ho CeCe ~

Welcome to you! The Great Ones already took good care of you (Thanks so much!) and I wouldn't look back at the pudding cup but just look forward to your next yummuh Medimeal! DogMa's right - the Medipuddin' is good. It was a detour you took but not a deep cravasse!

Hey, you are planned up! I like that about you and that is precisely what will help you to reach your goal. By being prepared at all times, there are no excuses for being caught with your hand in the cookie jar!

Like Berk & Lisa indicated, we're going for the health of it and there is a suggested weight range and Dr. Andersen (The Medical Director for Medifast and Take Shape for Life) says to shoot for a BMI at or below 25. There is a BMI chart link on our Homepage...http://www.makemethinner.com/body-mass-calculator-bmi.htm

Hunny, you are so blessed to be 5'11" Oh, I would love to be that tall! You are gonna be a dream in a pair of zip up jeans!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Dayna » January 30th, 2006, 10:07 pm

Welcome!

I'm impressed that you're taking steps to improve your health while taking classes and working! You're going to finish college in better shape than you are now, and I'm not sure how many graduates can say that. (I certainly couldn't . . .) ;) I think you'll find the medifast meals fit very well into a busy life - easier than fast food, even, because you don't have to wait in line!

Glad to have you on board, I look forward to hearing about your progress. :wave:

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Loribug » January 31st, 2006, 1:35 am

HI, I just started Friday, and no I don't believe you will get out of ketosis since the pudding didn't have sugar in it. Also, I work 12 hour night shifts, and I just start at 7pm instead of am. I'm not sure how I'll swing it when I'm off because I have such odd hours. If you find out an easy way to flip flop let me know. and good luck
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2006, 7:01 am

LoriBug and CeCe ~

When a person has long work shifts or weird hours, it can be a bit of a challenge but generally you do the same thing as a person who works the day shift. When I travel, particularly to the east coast from our home on the west coast, I am faced with something similar. If you can set aside the actual time on the clock and use a timer instead, that works well.

Whatever time you get up from an extended :snooze: sleep time when your body has slowed down and rested (well, maybe it got some rest!), begin your meal plan for the day at that point and have the first Medimeal within an hour of crawling out of the snore sack.

Then space the rest of the day's meals at 2.5 to 3 hour intervals and use a :hammerhead: timer to remind you to eat. Many of our MakeMeThinnerAndHealthier peeps are nurses and health care providers and you are right on the button in terms of passing meds to your patients; if you are late, it is not good and you can end up with critically ill patients, people in severe pain or just general badness if you are late in dosing them.

We must treat ourselves in the :hug: same manner - Medifast is our MEDicine that helps us to get healthy, be healthy and stay healthy. We need to have our Medi-dose on time just as much as our patients or our children need theirs. So if you are going to have a 12 hour work day and then have errands to run at the end of your long day, there most likely will be times that you will have a 6 & 1 or a 7 & 1 meal plan for that day.

The important thing is to never ever skip packets (you will pay for it the next day with low energy, low blood sugar and hunger that is difficult to manage. I would not recommend ever going longer than 3.5 hours between packets.

Some jobs make it a :bricks: challenge to get those packets in and to do it while you're working. I have the luxury of walking to the kitchen, mixing a shake and sipping while I talk on the phone but not all of you can do that so it takes preplanning like CeCe up there - get up 10 minutes early, prepare your oatmeal, while it's nuking then mix up a couple of shakes, put them in the freezer while you get cute for the day and make your bed, grab 'em and go and :drive: head off to work. Use the alarm feature in your cell phone or Microsoft Outlook to remind you to sip.

Taking a few minutes the night before or in the morning to prepare your soups and have the packets laid out for the day will save you invaluable time and reward you on the scale. :thumbup: Medifasting is faster, safer, and more convenient and results in rapid weight loss – so much easier than shopping, chopping, & weighing regular foods plus it comes to your front porch!

Bars can be cut into small pieces and put into a snack-size Ziplock baggy, stuffed into your pocket and saved for a busy time at work - usually a person can creatively poke a piece of bar into the corner of their mouth without being seen - come on! :secret: We do it all the time when we don't want our kids to see us! Drink your shake on the way to the sandbox. Even surgeons get a little sipppy of water when they are working on a patient - you are every bit as important as the patient on the table. We are doing this for the health of it, Folks. Yeah, of COURSE we wanna look better and feel better but we want to get healthy and stay that way - this is our MEDICINE. The way we get to optimal health is by eating every two or three hours.

You are doing great already! :shades: Look at you - you'll need suspenders on your underdoodies! :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.