For those who are craving italian food

Add your favorite recipes.

For those who are craving italian food

Postby Lulie » June 2nd, 2006, 10:32 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to share what I made today. It was scrumptious. I may have went over a little I am not sure. I am not good at figuring that out. But I wanted to share this with you all. I am planning on having it at least once a week! Here ya go:

I browned my ground beef till good and brown. While it was browning I sauteed onions and green pepper in water with a lid on till done. After beef got finished I added to the beef, garlic powder, italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Then I mixed in 1 1/2 cups of the onion/green pepper mix with 3 ounces of the beef.

Then, I placed it in a baking dish and added 2oz of fat free mozzarella. I baked on 350 degrees till cheese was melted. Then I added 1/4c of Chef BoyArdee pizza sauce and mixed it all together. (I added just a little water to rinse out the remaining sauce and added that too)

This stuff was great. I just hope I didn't go over with my calories/carbs for this meal. I have been so bored with my L&G and this really gave me a boost. I was actually too full to finish it all. I am posting the nutrition info for the sauce and cheese below. Maybe some of the more experienced can tell me if it is an "approved" meal or not. 8)

Hope someone tries this. I think you will like it. It really isn't as difficult as I probably described it. I thought it was worth any effort at all! LOL

Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese (Kroger brand)

1/4c or 30g serving size (which works out to be 1.06 oz I believe)

50 calories
0 fat
4g carbs
0 sugar

Chef Boyardee Pizza Sauce

1/4c serving size

35 calories
1.5g fat
4g carbs
2g sugar
Start 4/11/06
225/164