FOR MOMMY (Michelle)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby FORMOMMY » June 13th, 2006, 10:24 am

Nothing new on the house. Our real estate agent presented them with our last offer again the other day along with a market analysis of the area and all the reasons why they are crazy to try and wait for someone else to pay what they want. The fact that we don't have a house to sell, that we could close in 2 weeks, that they are falling into another month of having to pay the real estate taxes, maintenance crew, etc. You'd think a corporation would understand the "bottom line" numbers!!! The guy is just being a jerk!

As for my knee, I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday I had a better - although only slightly better - day. I'll take what I can get at this point! I do think the steroid shot has helped and that there is some improvement. I didn't take any pain meds yesterday - only did the ice pack. It would be great to get totally off the meds - then I think I will start losing again.

Although I was thrilled when I lost a pound this week - woo hoo! I've maintained for too many weeks so it was great to see the scale go down - even if it was just a pound.

Thanks for asking Vicky. I apologize for not answering your PM - its been crazy lately with weddings, end of school programs and work.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 13th, 2006, 11:11 am

FORMOMMY wrote: ... Yesterday I had a better - although only slightly better - day. I'll take what I can get at this point! I do think the steroid shot has helped and that there is some improvement. I didn't take any pain meds yesterday - only did the ice pack. It would be great to get totally off the meds - then I think I will start losing again ...

This is progress, Michelle, and I'm thrilled to see you moving in that direction.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 13th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Arkie - thanks for nice words

Vicky - thanks for the prayers. You made me laugh with:

You've been very patient (well -mostly ),

You hit the nail on the head with that statement - HA! :lol:

I'm due for a huge loss anytime soon - the little patience I have is waining!!!

Thanks again for the concern and good thoughts.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 13th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Wishing you good luck!!! On the house AND the knee front!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 13th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Thanks DeDe...it was a hard pill to swallow when the corp. who bought the house during a relocation at the last minute upped the price $8.000!!! We had signed the purchase and sale and sent it for their signature. A couple of days later we get the call they want more $$$. Not very nice or good business practice. So now we wait.....my hubby feels they are going to come back when no one bites on the house...its been on the market for over 180 days already. I guess if the Lord wants us to have it, we will get it.

Thanks on the good thoughts on the knee too. It's hurting a bit right now but I still feel good about the great day I had yesterday...haven't been able to say THAT in a while.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby falisamarie » June 13th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Glad to hear things are at least somewhat better Michelle!

I hear you on the property thing. I found a property I love but the lady is being ridiculous on what she is asking so we keep going back and forth with her :x

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 14th, 2006, 6:16 am

Thanks Lisa - I did have to take pain meds last night but I am still encouraged.

Sounds like you and I are going through the same thing right now. The hardest part was telling our girls that we didn't get the house. We were packing for goodness sakes! My 7 1/'2 year old just said - "that wasn't very nice" in response to what the corp did regarding the price. She said a mouthful! A good business just doesn't do things like that. However, we are turning this into a lesson on faith and not losing it when things go in a different direction than you anticipate; and also that we still need to pray if we really want that house because God tells us he will give us the desires of our heart (if it is in his Will). Very good lessons for all my family not just the kids!

Hang in there Lisa - God's timing is perfect and He has the perfect house just waiting for you. :)
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Serendipity » June 14th, 2006, 6:19 am

It's my theory, that God wants Lisa to move north, so that she can live near me and we can be best friends. :lol: Tennessee is just phase one, hehe.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 14th, 2006, 6:26 am

Jo,

She can keep coming north to New Hampshire if she wants to - I could use a friend like Lisa too!!! She may have to move somewhere in the middle so we can share - tee hee.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Return to Come on in.