For all you frozen meal lovers....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

For all you frozen meal lovers....

Postby TamiL » October 26th, 2005, 6:44 pm

Hey to All!!

Well...Im back on track..so I PRAY!! its like once I slip...I feel its the guilt and the taste buds that get the best of me for a while...so, here goes another few days of getting my body back into Ketosis!! its funny..I cant wait for that "metal" taste back into my mouth!! lol!! you know..that awful taste you get after days of not eating sugar or carbs your not supposed to!! its like its a hint to my body...."im working for ya...burning up the fat...now you do your part!!"

anyhooo..for me, single...and TOO tempting to cook in fear that Ill add too much of this or that...I discovered a GREAT tasting frozen dinner/s

They are sold in your local grocery store called "smart ones" "the truth about carbs"...they are low in fat, calories, sugar and CARBS!!
I had one tonite for my Lean/Green...it was "chicken Marsala" and it was delicious!! no mess to clean up...no wondering if I ate too much...
It had 180 calories, 7 grams of Fat, 10 grams of carbs and only 3 grams of sugar...even had fiber 3g...and a whopping 20 grams of protein!!

they had other selections as well...tommorrow night I will try the Salsbury steak with asapragus....sounds good!!

just wanted to share that with all of you!! sometimes...for me..it helps to have packaged meals...ones that I dont have to think with!! I was satisfied after having it...and in a few hours will have a nice HOT cup of Medifast HOT COCA...cuz its GETTING COLD here in Mass!!

Heres to one day at a time...shakin...eating only what I should...and getting to my christmas Goal!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » October 27th, 2005, 10:57 am

Hey Girl!!!!!!

I was wondering about you just now! Glad you're back! OH I know all to well the slip path. It's hard to get back. You get back and after shake 3 you're eating off plan....next 2,3 or 5 days go by!

Anyway, what matters is that we're back on and that we will reach our goal!!!!

We've got 2. Thanks for the frozen meal idea! I get bored with a Medifast soup and small side salad!! By the way I just discover the wild mushroom,chicken & rice soup!!!!!!! Def Delish!!!!!!!!

;)

Anyhow.....let's Rock & Roll down to a Beautiful healthy body!

Cheers!
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

What abt the Sodium?

Postby armeewyf » November 5th, 2005, 8:01 am

Hi all...
I was glad to see the post about the frozen dinners. Since my husband is back in New Orleans, what an easy dinner idea this would be for me. Seems like this brand will work with the nutritional content you posted, BUT one questions I have is what about the sodium count? I know thats one pitfall of these type meals...

Nancy? Any opinion?

Thanks!
Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 5th, 2005, 3:03 pm

I've never used them or even looked for frozen dinners but the calories and carbs sounds about right for a Lean and Green. Usually we need not worry much about the sodium levels unless your doctor has placed you on a low sodium meal plan because of high blood pressure. All of the Medifast packets are low in sodium so the additional sodium should not pose a problem.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

frozen foods

Postby Shellster » November 10th, 2005, 1:35 pm

I just wanted to find out if there is a certain calories, fat, carbs, & protein when buying frozen, I had no idea we could have a frozen dinner on MF. That would be a great change. I'm new, so if anyone could let me know I would really appreciate it, I'm looking for any help I can get to stay on this plan. Thanks again, Shellster
Shellster
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 10th, 2005, 5:24 pm

I am not a proponent of frozen processed meals so this is huge for me to write about…I try to avoid processed foods in general as we never know what’s in them. With that said, I do buy frozen chicken, some fish and shellfish now and then but I always opt for fresh.

The total daily carbs/caloric intake including the packets/bar is 80-85 grams of carbohydrates and 800-1000 calories. For maximum weight loss and less chance of straying, I choose to stay to the low end of that (800 calories). The more you add to your daily meal plan, the more foody desire you have – it is a fine line in terms of hunger/cravings.

You may do all right with a frozen meat and veggie entrée but I know that there are others of you out there like me and it would be very difficult to select only a TV dinner with chicken and broccoli…I’d want the one with the apple crisp, the smashed taters and the chicken gravy…

Baking several chicken breasts or stir-frying them with some garlic and ginger and storing them in the fridge for the next couple of days is no biggy to me. When the weather and the husband cooperate, Terry throws a few chicken breasts or pork chops on the grill and we have a “now and later” – hot now and sliced up for a cold supper or lunch the next day. That makes a MRE – a meal ready to go. George grills salmon or halibut in a flash – you can grill in the garage or under the eaves with George if you don’t want to fire it up in the kitchen. Salmon can be broiled in just a few minutes and while it’s getting browned, cut a head of iceberg in quarters and it’s instant supper – fast HEALTHY food.

I am not well-versed about the frozen dinner industry here so I must bow out and let others tell about their experience.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby betz » November 11th, 2005, 1:46 pm

I looked up all the nutritional information and some of the dinners DO fall within guidelines.

The thing is...the vegetables-- there surely isn't 1.5 cup of vegetables in that little corner of the meal. I really look forward to my broiled zucchini or steamed broccoli.

Then there are additives and preservatives. That's a personal choice, I guess.

The biggest thing for me is..I really want to set an "eating style for life". I don't want to eat a lot of prepared foods. I want to get as close to "clean" as I can with what I eat. Fresh, organic (when possible) and I want to make it tasty. Medifast has been as much a learning experience in the Lean and Green Department as it has been in the packaged meals (Shakes etc). I work at collecting recipes that are healthy and really special tasting.

But for convenience sake...and maybe a little variety, having one now and then seems okay. I just think..that it could cripple your maintenance if you relied on them totally. We have to learn to make our food in a healthy, satisfying way-- for the long term success.

Just my opinion. :) I don't want to discourage anyone.
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2005, 12:50 am

betz ~

I agree with you!

There are times however, that busy people need a little "hamburger helper" so perhaps we can look at this as Lean and Green Helper!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lisa in NY » November 12th, 2005, 9:16 am

"grilling under the eaves with George".....

Took me awhile to figure that out -

Nancy, you are a riot !
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss