Frozen Chocolate Pudding Treat!

Add your favorite recipes.

Frozen Chocolate Pudding Treat!

Postby Lauren » September 29th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Well, I NEVER post on the lean cuisine section because I really don't cook - I can, I just opt not to. So the most action my kitchen gets is generally relegated to the cutting board and the microwave...but I digress.

I recently had a craving for both chocolate and fruit simultaneously. Understand that I can eat the same things every single day on this diet and not get bored. I'm weird like that. But I have always been a huge fruit eater, and the absence of fruits in the last 44 weeks has been tough.

I LOVE the MF chocolate pudding. But I always find I eat it too fast, and it's gone before I even realize I ate anything! So, I started preparing them in 9oz dixie cups and freezing them. This way, when I am ready to eat, I have to really chip away and work at the pudding, so it takes much longer to eat and I feel it has become a more substantial snack. Anyway, the other day, when the fruity craving came on, I realized I had to figure something out. So I microwaved my frozen dixie cup for 30 seconds, to soften up the edges, and then drizzled my Walden Farms Raspberry Jam (about a teaspoon, plus some of the liquid from the bottom) all over the top of my frozen pudding. I hadn't found a use for the jelly until then, so I was very pleased!

Anyway, I proceeded to push the raspberry jam throughout my frozen treat, and Oh MY GOD, I feel like I was seriously having something illegal! You might all think I am cuckoo, but this has become my last meal/late night snack every single day, and I am nuts for it! Please note that you really can't have more than a tablespoon of the jelly, and don't do it more than once a day, or you may be affecting your carbs and sugar intake, but once a day for a bit of heaven...

So, it's not a recipe. But for all you non-cooks out there, you may appreciate the simplicity of greatness!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Sojourner » September 29th, 2006, 5:11 pm

That sounds amazing Lauren, thanks!
OMG, you are SO close to goal!!!

:whoohoo: :bananadance: :bananadance: :whoohoo:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby sidrah » October 7th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Another use for the apple or raspberry jam is to microwave a few spoons of it and turn it into a liquid, then spoon it on oatmeal pancakes. I do it all the time with apple.

I am not a big fan of mixing chocolate with any kind of strawberry/raspberry things, but it might taste good with the banana.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Lean Cuisine