For all you exercise gurus....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

For all you exercise gurus....

Postby RavenKat » August 26th, 2004, 10:25 am

HELP!

My butt is gone! :shock:

Apparently my rear was 100% lard because now that I've lost a lot of weight I am flat back there. My back becomes my legs, get it? Nada!

My new job affords me much more walking (I have to park 2 blocks away, I'm on the 3rd floor and my office is down a loooong hallway). I love the unavoidable exercise. :D I'm hoping that will help a little. What else can I do to get some muscle back there?

Kat
sitting on her spine right now ;)
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sylvia » August 26th, 2004, 10:37 am

I'm right there with you. Actually, I'm a bit dismayed by how flabby everything seems to be.

Walking will definitely help but I've been walking and stationary biking regularly for 6 weeks now and have noticed some toning in my legs and to a lesser degree my butt.

Unfortunately, I think to build any significant muscle tone, you might need weights - leg presses, squats, etc. but beware that almost anything you do for your gluts will also work your thighs.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » August 26th, 2004, 11:16 am

Hey Guys!

Exercise Guru on board. Oh I won't let the sagging hapen here!! I do 3-4 sessions of strengh training. Before I got on medifast I was an avid exerciser and did weight lifting 5 times a week. Anyway you have mutiple options.
Get a VCR and good tapes. there's plenty of toning tapes out there!!! All the Buns of steal are good. Oh and " The firm " tapes are a KILLER !!!!! And will tone you alright!!

You can also get 3 sets of light dumbells 2lbs 3lbs 5lbs and get Joyce Vedral Bottom up. The best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I do. It's tough but results are garanteed!

And you can always join a gym and make it to any of the toning classes.

I posted many times before, and I'll say it here again. You have to include strengh training in any weight loss regiment! It will increase your lean body mass and help you get to goal without 30 lbs of loose skin!
So here it is!
Hope it helps you.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby RavenKat » August 26th, 2004, 11:21 am

Thanks Nelly!

I actually have "the Firm" in a box in my spare bedroom. :oops: It has 3 tapes, some light weights and a 2-level step. Guess I better pull it out, huh?

I was hoping you'd say something like "duct tape".... ;)

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby elle4nelly » August 26th, 2004, 11:26 am

:D

Funny!

I know some people are fraid to see the scale slow down and don't want to exercise. BUT I have a bigger fear of being an elephant skin 130lbs woman. Oh no...not me! I have a large chest and if I just fast and don't tone up...they will travel south and land somewhere below my waist. So..I do strengh training and won't stop doing it either!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Sylvia » August 26th, 2004, 12:30 pm

My problem is more just running out of hours in the day. I am already making an hour a day to do walking/biking and just flat out don't have more time right now. I have a full time very demanding job and 2 little kids. I am hoping to figure out a way to add some weight training but so far haven't been too successful.
Sylvia

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 26th, 2004, 1:49 pm

Kat,

You crack me up!
Headlines: Butt at Large!!! Medifast Blamed for Missing Derriere!!! :lol:

Yea, and where is that magic machine like the magic pill? The one you just strap on, push the button, and presto-chango, firm and tight! I want an extreme makeover machine! :devious:

I've found Winsor Pilates to be a fast workout that's not to over-exerting, only 20 minutes each session, and requires only 3 sessions a week. Pretty good for the toning up the junk in the trunk. :hmmm:

Nelly, your remark about assets going south reminded me of Loretta LaRouche's joke on her tape, Humor Your Stress. That's what's called

'Furniture Disease' when your chest falls into your drawers. :grin:

Guess I better kiss my butt goodbye as it too will be gone soon,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Lois » August 26th, 2004, 2:04 pm

This thread is a HOOT!!!!!

Duct tape! ASSetts going south! Kissing our butts....goodbye!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh, sisters! Who said losing weight was no fun?

hugs,

Lois

P.S. Mike is gonna be asking for kleenex again when he reads this one....
Lois

Postby Sylvia » August 26th, 2004, 2:23 pm

I actually just bought "pilates for dummies" When I find a moment to work it in, I'll let you know how it is.
Sylvia

Postby Simmshe » August 26th, 2004, 10:16 pm

I wish I could donate some butt to you Kat--I have plenty to go around!! I'm an hourglass/pear shape and my butt sticks around no matter how small I am, and while my top half is dwindling with lightning speed, my thighs and butt are crawling away! In fact, my butt is the only part of my body that is still firm (minus shoulders, chest, and calves! My arms, thighs, and a bit of stomach are all flabulous!!). You've gotten some great advice though--do a killer butt toning tape three times a week and you will begin building muscle in no time!

I'm with Camille on the Pilates--incredible full body workout--especially for your abs and back :).

And Sylvia, have you considered cutting thirty minutes of cardio a couple (or better yet, three) times a week and filling that time with strength training? It would make a HUGE difference in how your body comes together as you continue losing weight. I've been a regular exerciser (90% consistent over the past five years), and I can't express enough how important strength training is, especially while losing weight. Of course, cardio is important, not just for weight loss, but for cardiovasular fitness as well. But, in my opinion, (based on what I've learned and experienced), I don't think it should edge out strength training--especially while on Medifast. I used to KILL cardio--doing 80-100 minute sessions, five times a week, and only doing strength training a couple of times a week for 30-40 minutes. But when I started balancing my cardio-to-strength training ratio--doing 60-40 cardio-to-strength training vs. 75-25, the improvements in my body, and weight loss were significantly better--I even lost 85lbs in nine months several years ago and didn't have an ounce of loose skin or excessive flab, thanks to my strength training. As you know, cardio, even running, doesn't build as much muscle as strength training. And more muscle=more calories burned=less fat. Just my two cents ;). Like Nelly, I'm crazy about exercise (of course, I've cut down significantly since being on Medifast), and I sing the praises of strength training to anyone who will listen :)!

All righty guys--let's keep kicking butt!! (Pun intended :lol:!)

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sylvia » August 27th, 2004, 6:56 am

Sheryl,

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I have considered substituting weight training with some of my cardio stuff. The problem is that to find time, I do a lot of cardio at night after my kids are in bed on my bike. Wieght stuff - at least the kind I like to do, is not easy to do at home.

I have a gym where I work and was hoping to do some time there during the day but have been walking about 35-40 mins a day with a friend. That has become such a good routine I am hesitant to give it up and I haven't found the time to add to it.

Oh well, I'll keep trying to adjust things.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby Nancy » August 27th, 2004, 10:32 am

:heart: Love it!

Giggles, roars and snorts ALLOWED!

Yep, exercise IS important. The habits that you are establishing NOW will ensure that you will look and feel fabulous once you reach your goal weight. We want our heart and our bod to be all toned up.

Keep on :weightlift: sweatin' and :toast: shakin'
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby elle4nelly » August 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

KAT honey hit those tapes!!

lois ? you keep on laughing babe!

Sylvia? Find a little time and a tape and some dumbbells, you'll make it darling.

Sheryl? you are oh so right about exercising!! And NO DEAR...you don't have a BUTT till you see mine!
" Weapons of mass distructions??? Not in Iraq Baby. RIGHT here on my body!!! I got Torpedos hanging off my chest. The cold "Toning" war begins here with these missiles baby!!! :x Butt?? Let's not even go there!! Someone could confused them for for large Bombs.

Really!!!!!!!!!! I won't come off exercising! I am afraid to trade all this for a breast that my end up looking like 2 long socks!! OoooooH!! :shock: That was scarry uggly....

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Lois » August 27th, 2004, 4:00 pm

Hey, I just had an idea! Maybe we can swap BODY PARTS in the "Swap N Shop" room :shock: :shock: :shock:

A little nip here, a little tuck there....the...er..."well endowed" could SHARE the wealth, and the buttless among us could get the extra padding they need "down under"....

I think we're on to something here ;)

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Unca_Tim » August 27th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Good idea Lois,
Maybe we should make a "Lost and Found" room for all the disappearing bums too?
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Weight Room