Flying in Fun...Again! NSV

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Flying in Fun...Again! NSV

Postby mellowmom » June 15th, 2006, 6:25 am

Just had to report, had a the best flight in the past 15 years yesterday...Why?

1) Because I didn't need a belt extender on my seat belt! The last time I flew back in February I needed one.

2) Not only did I not need an extender but there was actually some belt left over.. I could actually TIGHTEN the belt (on purpose).

3) I could use the seat tray in front of me and have it lay FLAT! In the past it's been balanced at an awkward angle on my tummy. Everything on it slid towards the seat in front of me. Not very conducive to setting airline fodder tray on.

4) This is the best part.. I could use the seat tray even when the person in front of me reclined their seat back. In the past, that was impossible, and/or usually resulted in momentary tummy bruising.

One odd thing did happen on the flight. After taxiing (sp) onto the tarmack our plane waited patiently in line for takeoff. Finally got to the front of the line...engines reved, we started down the runway and then suddenly we felt the power back down and we slowed down. Made a big circle and headed back to the end of the line we had just left! The pilot came on the intercom and thankfully explained that the reason he had to abort the takeoff was because one of the passengers had unbuckled their seatbelt and gotten out of their seat! Apparently someone couldn't wait to use the bathroom!!!!! It was funny to see everyones heads start swiveling around looking to give the offending party the "stank eye"...

Outside of that and the "Miracle" of the seat tray the flight was pretty normal.

Oh...and one other thing. Turns out that the weight scale here at my son's house is highly unreliable. I jumped on it last night (maybe that was the problem...should have stepped on it - LOL) and it began spitting out random numbers running the gamut from 225-272. It was like the 'Twilight Zone" of weight. So looks like I'm going cold turkey on the weighing for the next seven days. (Unless the "monkey on my back" becomes too strong and I wind up buying him a new scale.)
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby wildtrk » June 15th, 2006, 6:53 am

I had a similar experience last weekend on my flight to Vegas...though there was no slack in my belt. I had no trouble buckling it, but I didn't have a whole lot of wiggle room. I am happy to say that my tray did go down flat but I am not sure what it would have been like if the person in front of me would have put their seat back.

But I was just happy that I didn't need to stop an attendant and ask for the extension!

Good job...and oh by the way the scale in the men's spa area at the Mirage is inaccurate in case anyone is interested to know.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Janae » June 15th, 2006, 7:06 am

Hooray for you!!! What a great feeling-I know you are proud of yourself, as you should be!

The Friendly Skies....just a little Friendlier for the Fitter Folk! Like us!!!
:D

Did you successfully find your L & G in the Dallas airport?

Enjoy your stay...and maybe that new scale is not a bad idea...since you hope to encourage your son and d-i-l toward the weight loss plan. Might help to motivate them as well.

Happy Dance recital and family time!!
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » June 15th, 2006, 8:25 am

That was a terrific NSV, Carmel! It's the NSV's that keep us going onward and downward, making the journey more enjoyable. :)

Joy :rose:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 15th, 2006, 8:35 am

Terrific NSV victory Carmel! Congratulations

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 15th, 2006, 8:48 am

What a great NSV!!! I can just see your eyes beaming from here :lol:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby electra000 » June 15th, 2006, 9:05 am

Hey Carmel ! Hope you are having a great time with your kiddos! Glad you had a comfy flight ! :burnout:
electra000
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room