My first chili cook-off this Saturday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My first chili cook-off this Saturday

Postby Nova » April 27th, 2006, 4:59 pm

I mentioned before that I just moved to Texas. This weekend, I'm going to my very first chili cookoff. They're doing this through work with lots of teams. Probably 20-30 teams participating. Our team is going to have bbq brisket, hamburgers and hot dogs and more for the cooking team. I told them that I'd be happy to help with anything but serving or cooking.

This being Texas chili, it apparently consists of nothing but meat and spicy tomato sauce. No obvious veggies and no beans. I was soundly educated on that matter when I brought it up. :D

I've been very, very good about sticking to the program the last month. Would it be okay to sample some of the chili as part of my L&G for the day? I hate to pass it up completely since it's a work thing and I want to do things with my coworkers. As well as it being my first cookoff.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DogMa » April 27th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Hey, Nova, I moved to Texas just last summer!! I went to my first chili cookoff here after several months on the program, and I sampled the chilis, but I had no veggies to go with 'em.

Could you maybe offer to bring a nice salad to go along with everything? Or green beans, which are big with bbq out here?

Or just bring a "green" for yourself, and have a little chili as your "lean." The people here seemed to use pretty lean beef in theirs.

I also ate an hour or so before I got there, so I could honestly tell people I was too full to have more than a taste.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.