Finally after 2 years of wanting to do this

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Finally after 2 years of wanting to do this

Postby missjessie » January 7th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Hi all I am finally doing it!! I have been on here watching all of you succeed and I am finally ready to join you all. I am placing my first order tomorrow. YEAHHH!!!
No I am hoping I can depend on all of you for support. I know I will need it. I am a mom of 3 and we always have so much food in the house this is going to be hard!
I am finally returning to work after 10 years of being home so I figure this is the time to make all of my changes. For the better I hope.

I live in Maricopa Arizona so if there are any local support groups I would love to make some friends!

Hope to hear from yo all soon. I am planning to keep a journal of my whole experience and I promis I will share. Maby I will even let someone take a pic. (I have not let that happen in years).
Jessie E Melton
missjessie

Postby WhoDey » January 7th, 2007, 8:32 pm

Jessie, congratulations on taking that step and that is half the battle! I have found how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE Medifast, I was very sceptical at first but am totally in love with this diet! I have been on so many various diets and have NEVER lasted very long or lost very much weight and this is the first time I have actually been SUCCESSFUL at anything like this. I actually look forward to hopping on that scale and sizing down on my clothing. Medifast and these boards have been a Godsend to me!

Planning ahead is the key for me so maybe that will be the key for you too. ALWAYS keeping a shake handy or a bar and when temptation strikes, I remember back to how horrible I felt before Medifast and how embarrassed I was to do anything...I'm not to terribly far from my goal (way closer than I have been in 10 years!) yet I feel 100 times better already....and that feeling is WAY more important to me than the momentary satisfaction of eating something totally unhealthy and fattening.

I am rambling now...good luck and remember if you WORK the diet the diet works. I am proof of that and so are so many other people too!
~Amy~
Start Date: October 1, 2006

WhoDey
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby TonyR » January 7th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Actually DeeDee and a few other people on here are from Arizona and have get togethers often!
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Finally after 2 years of wanting to do this

Postby debbielovelace » January 8th, 2007, 10:59 am

Hi there ,,, Im new to mf too..Only on my 3rd day, but i am in Scottsdale. im 47 and want to lose 50lbs.. ;) would also like some friends!! to chat with GL to all
debbielovelace

Postby 2getskinny » January 8th, 2007, 11:27 am

Welcome! I am starting over on my MF journey & I live In Tucson Arizona. Pretty far from you but you can PM me or IM me anytime!
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FitQueen » January 8th, 2007, 11:42 am

Welcome. We can do this together.

I am also a working mother of 3 (Ages 9, 7 and 5).

I look forward to taking the MF journey with you.

Take care,
Ruth aka FitQueen

"Successful people do daily what unsuccessful people do occasionally. The secret to your success is in your daily routine."

Restart: 04/03/2007
FitQueen
Trusted Member

Postby getting2goal » January 8th, 2007, 12:51 pm

Welcome back. I am looking forward to taking this journey with you.
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 8th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Hi Miss Jessie,
This is the best diet ever. If i can make a suggestion. It was really hard for me the first couple of days. I take my mouth wash with me every where I go. And if I do not have that I take Binaca. That has helped me so much.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MISSANNE » January 8th, 2007, 5:32 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to let you newbies know that I am starting over again also as soon as my MF gets here.

I live in Gilbert, AZ :)
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby MISSANNE » January 8th, 2007, 5:32 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to let you newbies know that I am starting over again also as soon as my MF gets here.

I live in Gilbert, AZ :) and he's right. Dede sets up L/G dinners or lunches quite often and I have been fortunate enought to attend before.

They are a blast!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby MerryMary » January 8th, 2007, 7:28 pm

Hi Jessie!
Welcome aboard and may I wish you the very best of success! I hope you include your family as part of your support system. Talk to them--they can be a valuable asset!
Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby mellowmom » January 8th, 2007, 8:15 pm

Welcome Jessie,

So glad you've decided to join us. This is a fantastic group of gals and guys and you will never be lacking for support, caring and the occasional butt kicking if need be. :poke:

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 8th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Hi Jessie!

So glad you've joined us! Yes, I am the instigator of some of the Arizona get-togethers and would love to schedule a new one! Jen, Teresa, Elke, Geri, Michelle, Laura etc...when should we do it? We've had folks come in from up north and all over, I LOVE the inspiration and the companionship of others going through the same thing as me!

I'm a PM or an e-mail away if you need some Arizona help or just someone to talk to!

Missanne, glad you're starting up with us again!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » January 9th, 2007, 12:33 am

Just wanted to say HI!!! :lol:

I am in Chandler
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2007, 9:20 pm

With open :bighug: arms, we welcome you all!

The more the merrier, eh? :bouncieball:

It is neat that you have been reading and gathering ammunition to :lightsword: fight the fat with us.

Thin will win! :trophy:

Flab, we :deadhorse: defeat you every three hours as we :beerbeer: slurp and shake together :cheers:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.