FertileMyrtle

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JonnaD » March 22nd, 2007, 8:45 am

Hate to rain on your parade, Andrea, but bedwetting is not a disciplinary problem. I know I was one and I still remember my grandmother rubbing my nose in it (literally), though I'm not suggesting you would even consider such action.

It is a physical or emotional issue - if she's only started this since the babies' birth, then she may be feeling a teensy bit abandoned. Remember, emotions are not logical - don't think you've been a bad mommy bc she's having this little problem.

The other possibillity is physical - her bladder is too tiny to make it through the night and you may need to try cutting back on fluids, especially anything with caffeine, in the evenings.

In the mean time, until you both have this problem licked, it might be easier on the two of you to try overnight pull ups.

I also had to deal with this issue with my son, he slept so deeply he just couldn't wake up. He finally grew out of it. The only cure is patience.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » March 22nd, 2007, 10:00 am

JonnaD wrote:I also had to deal with this issue with my son, he slept so deeply he just couldn't wake up. He finally grew out of it. The only cure is patience.

My son is 8 and he still has accidents. We have done everything Limit his fluid intake. Wake him up every 3 hours. It is very hard. My mother in law said my husband had accidents all the way up to 10. I feel bad for my son because he will not go over to any of his friends house for a sleep over. We have even gone to the Doctor. He bascially told me that I was doing everything wright. And that it is not Matthew's Fault.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Previous

Return to My Journal