Ok so I fell off the wagon - Yikkes

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ok so I fell off the wagon - Yikkes

Postby Laurenlala » February 6th, 2006, 5:31 pm

It was almost methodical - I was mainting a plateua of 14 lbs. since January 22ndh and when I got on th scale yesteray am and still nothing had changed, Feeling a bit discouraged I figured what the heck. I had decided to go to my friends superbowl party (I had declined3 times - but I figured maybe its a good time to get out. I wasnt going to eat anything but I knew I was going to have a drink wich turned into 3 - although I went home early, I still felt lousy today and spent half the day sticking with the program - then I had some chicken, then some cholocate covered raisons and them some heshey kissables - and that's not the worst of it, I then had 2 small pieces of pizza for dinner - I had figureed well I'm off it for the day, I might as well enjoy it. Anway, Tomorrow I start right back on it as nothing has happened. I will not weigh myself until friday and hopefully by then, I will have gone beyond my hump.

However, here is some very good news hat I would like to pass on to all. I had blood work done for my regular Physical and for the 1st time in 15 years, my cholesterol came out perfect - I've been on40 Mg. of lipitor for a long time and it by itself wasnt bringing down my cholesteral to where it needed to be. I was on the program for 4 week prior to testing. Well I think that is BIG. The Next big thing (which as far as physical comfort is even bigger that the last hurray) is that I have been in early menapaus - I knew this from the tremedous hot flasshes I was experiencing (somethime up to 20 per day) - three days after I started the Soy Based MF program, I havent had a hot flash since. My Dr. Did warm me that this works for some people but not necessarly all - I guess I'm just lucky.

Anyway, I feel disgusting, Definately realilzed that if I go to another event I will have to dring ?Water and only Water (or it messes up 2 days for me) not to mention the 3 more days it takes to get back into ketosis;.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that i'll be able to stick with it - Today I dont feel healthy - Tomorrow or the next day, I intend to. I'm VERy VERY anxious to have that scale move soon. I dont feel comfortable even leaving my house until I can look and feel better (I know I can) - I just have to keep plugging away. So it was a bad day - (actually 2) - Tomorrow, my friends, is the first day of the rest of my life!
Laurenlala

Postby MomJackieLee » February 6th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Well.....

It happened, it's done, climb back on the wagon & keep on racing towards your goal!!! ;)
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 6th, 2006, 6:14 pm

I ditto MomJackieLee on this one. Don't beat yourself up too bad just get up and going tomorrow and know that we are all here for you if you need us :hugblue:

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Thanks Guys -

Postby Laurenlala » February 6th, 2006, 6:40 pm

I really think it had a lot to do with staying t the same weight for almost 2 weeks while I didnt do anything wrong. My only hope now is that from Last night and today, that I didnt gain back 5 lbs- that will be devistating - However, If I stick to the plan T - Firday, I'm hoping that this will break my plateau - Fingers crossed anyway.

Lauren
Laurenlala

Postby betz » February 7th, 2006, 6:01 am

The soy killed my hot flashes too, lauren! What a HUGE RELIEF! I ditched the HRT the first week I started MF and have had no recurrence of hotflashes at all.

I plateaued like you, too. For much longer than two weeks. I know it's hard but if you don't see the scale moving...just avoid the freakin' scale! You know you're doing well, you're getting the benefit of no flashes, great numbers on your cholesterol...so to heck with that scale.

The weight WILL come off.

Try some medifast solutions if you really feel like trying to break the plateau. A little exercise or maybe an extra shake. Maybe both!

The main thing is you're on the right track. :) Good Luck :)
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Laurenlala » February 7th, 2006, 6:11 am

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Betz - You're absolutely right. I was hoping someone would pick up on that - I have not been able to lower my cholesteral for about 15 years - even on high doses of lipitor.

The benefits of the cholesterol and Hot flashes should be enough to satisfy me while I'm on a plateau- I just thoughti it was way too early for a plateau - I was expecting one at say 40 lbs. (I've of course have been doing the numbers of how much people loose in the first month or it took them 4 months to loose so many lbs. - and according to everything I've read, I'm falling behind) I think I got my slippage over-with - in hindsight, it really wasnt that great)- anyway, what do you mean by solutions (I understand the excercise thing) but what other solutions - extra shake?
Laurenlala

Postby betz » February 7th, 2006, 6:20 am

Lauren,

I've read some posts about plateaus...that suggest "shaking up your routine" by either adding a little exercise or a little more protein (via a shake since that has the lowest calories and carbs).

Not everyone has success with this and personally, I never tried it. I DID try going from the 5/1 to the complete...and I actually gained. I still can't figure that one out. :lol: It may have just been fluids and not any real gain or loss. Regardless, I was happier on the 5/1 so I went back to it.

Do you have a bar everyday? And do you have it earlier rather than later? Some have trouble if they save that bar for late in the evening.

I was doing a maintenance thing for the last few months (I had at least 3 soy based MF packets a day) and am now back full on the 5/1. I'm wondering if I'll have that first big swell of success like I did when I first started. I'll let you know in a week or two. :)
betz

Postby Serendipity » February 7th, 2006, 7:21 am

Serendipity <----------queen of the plateau!

All I can say is stick to the program 100% to the best of your ability and the plateaus will pass and you will lose the weight. Look at the studio for proof. Everyone who is on this program has experienced plateaus. They are a fact of life.

I have had a 14 day, 2 13 day, and several 10 day plateaus. I've still managed to lose an average of 3.28 lb/week. :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 7th, 2006, 7:25 am

Serendipity wrote:I have had a 14 day, 2 13 day, and several 10 day plateaus. I've still managed to lose an average of 3.28 lb/week. :lol:

This is so encouraging. Because we ALL hit plateaus (at least all the women do!). To know that I can still average over 3lbs a week will help keep me focused when the plateaus hit. :) Great post everyone!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby betz » February 7th, 2006, 7:30 am

That's an EXCELLENT point, Serendipity. Look at the average loss, not the weekly tally.

Fluid levels fluctuate...all those things that can make judging your actual weight --who knows what "gaining .5 lb" means, really. You had too much salt yesterday? You're premenstrual. Heck, it can be anything.

Also, everyone has experienced the scale not moving but the clothes fitting better...what's up with that?

Best to average it out over time and pat yourself on the back. :)
betz

Return to The Weight Room