Feeling like the flu

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Feeling like the flu

Postby KeleeGrl » April 26th, 2005, 6:14 am

Well I'm on my second day. Last night, I had chills and a headache :hammerhead: (I get bad sinus headaches anyway)...I felt like I knew what detox would be if I ever had to go to detox! I haven't had any trouble feeling full, which is good. I actually had to force myself to have my last shake. I feel a little beter this morning, but still have a wicked headache. I'm drinking tea and that is kind of helping. Just wanted to make sure that this sounded all normal, or if maybe I have the flu!?
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 26th, 2005, 6:47 am

Kelee-

It sounds normal to me. Your headaches should go away in a day or so. Try drinking lots and lots of water. That seems to help. I suffer from sinus headaches also and migraines. But once I got past the first 3 or 4 days I have only had one headache since then in 48 days.

I am glad you are not feeling hungry. As far as chills- I still get cold a lot easier now. Sometimes I am so cold I can't warm up. I read on the Medifast site that that is normal for some people.

Good luck.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 26th, 2005, 7:08 am

Ditto to both of you! I wanted to DIE the first 3 days for sure!! My headaches were so severe I was crying the last 2 days. :cry: But of course it does pass or none of us would still be surviving!

As for the chills..........it is cracking my husband up!! I am a HOT BOX and I'm ALWAYS hot....until now that is. Those shakes freeze me to the core.........looking forward to the cooling effect this summer though!! 8)

Hang in there.........the best is yet to come!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kassilou » April 26th, 2005, 8:03 am

The first few days can be rough. If you can tough it out, it will get better. I did take some pain reliever, so I don't remember suffering much.

Like Christi, I was always very warm-blooded. Now, I quite often have a blanket around me...my feet and hands are often cold! I was never like that before. But, I expect to be more comfortable this summer than I've usually been. :D Just another MF benefit!

Hang in there. It's tough to go through, but it shouldn't last too much longer.

:grin:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby raederle » April 26th, 2005, 8:08 am

Me too! I just wanted to add that when I get really bone-chilled, a hot shower and a cup of boiling hot MF cocoa, cappuccino, or fast soup/bouillion does the trick. Warms me inside *and* out!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby DonicaB » April 26th, 2005, 8:12 am

Kelee~~I too had very bad headaches the first few days. I actually still get a headache at least once a week, but nothing like the brain busters I had the first few days. (this is my 4th week)

I am also on the chilly side these days. Especially at night, but that makes for a good excuse to cuddle. :hug:

Hang in there.....better days are on their way!!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KeleeGrl » April 26th, 2005, 8:35 am

Thanks for all the great advice....this forum is the best :kool: I'll let you know how I'm feeling in a couple of days.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Kelli ~

I hope that you can lift your head from the pillow now. :redhead: Water is your friend - it chases the headaches.

I am still freezing at night. I even took a heating pad to Kauai with me. Seriously - all my insulation must be gone! That's exactly why I have Oatmeal or Cappuccino under the covers every night. ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.