Question about flu/cold season

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Question about flu/cold season

Postby lov2bead » December 28th, 2005, 8:03 am

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for quite sometime and LOVE it, so I figured I would finally post!! :lol: I have lost 23 lbs. on Medifast (so Unca can you add me to the club!) and it is the best weight loss plan ever!! Thank you so much Medifast and thank you to all of the wonderful people who have posted great ideas and tips.

I have a question, with the cold and flu season up on us, what is the best way to stay on the diet. I know that it can be hard with eating sometimes, because you might not feel like eating or want some of the meals. Can anyone provide any advice or hints as to how to eat properly while not feeling well? Also, with the liquids, I just drink water only now, nothing else and sometimes water doesn't taste that great when you are sick. I don't think you can have orange juice or any type of juice, so any advice there would be great too.

Thanks and have a great day!!
Stacey
lov2bead
Newbie - #20 Club

Cold and Flu Season

Postby Jan » December 28th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Hi Stacey,
There are several MF foods which always taste great to me when I have a cold. The chicken soups are really good. The other soups work well too -- but I generally leave the cream soups alone when I have a cold. I always love the oatmeal -- I call it comfort food and the hot drinks - the chai especially. You can add Crystal lite to your water -- there is an orange flavored one as well as many others. Remember all our foods are loaded with vitamins whcih will help your body.
Hope you don't have to use this advice toooo often!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » December 28th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Gosh, when I had a cold or the flu, I never had any trouble with eating - gimme a burger and fries any day! :shades:

There is no reason to go off of the program just because you have a cold - we still need to eat and Medifast will give you a better load of vitamins and minerals than many regular foods.

Most people need to step up their :beerbeer: fluid intake when they have a cold - it helps to thin the mucosity issues so the sinuses drain more easily. Jan's right in that creamy soups or creamy shakes may create more throat clearing.

The Cranberry Mango Fruit Punch, the Raspberry or Peach Iced Tea are good prepared hot as well as icy cold.

Add a packet of the Delicate Chicken Fast Soup to your Chicken Noodle Soup and some fresh parsley or sip any of the Fast Soups to soothe your tummy.

You may use Diet Sprite or Diet 7 Up. Try to maintain your two to three hour eating interval. It is important to eat on time even if you don’t feel like it. Your body will need every bit of the nutrition in the precious little packets to :whip: fight off the :twisted: offending cold or flu bugs. An icy cold Root beer Float (A packet of Vaniller Shake powder mixed with Diet Root Beer and ice in the blender) feels great on a dry throat.

:mrgreen: Pizza or Mac and Cheez doesn’t make a cold go away! If so, my 50 years of blubbage never inoculated me from catching a cold or the flu! :hmmm:

Since I started Medifasting I have had fewer colds and bouts of the flu. I used to get several major colds a year and bronchitis and pneumonia but not now. I had a :x killer sore throat a year ago or so and Unca made me add some drops of :no: :help: blechy-tasting goldenseal to my water bottle and it quickly did the trick and my throat was no longer warbling and I was able to :coach: bark orders to the guys around here once again!
:devious:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.