Exploding chicken soup?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Exploding chicken soup?

Postby JustLynda » February 21st, 2006, 6:46 am

Hi everyone.

I tried doing a search for this topic and came up empty. If it's already been covered, just point me to it.

I was preparing the chicken and wild rice soup for my lunch today. After the first 2.5 minutes, I took it out to stir (according to directions) and found most of it all over the microwave! So, for the second round in the microwave, I put a plate over the bowl. When I went to take it out, the remaining soup was all over the microwave.

Any suggestions? Am I just a microwave moron?
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 21st, 2006, 6:53 am

Hey Lynda. Nope, you are NOT a moron :) That soup has a mind of it's own!! haha! I usually cook that particular soup on the stove, slowly simmering it. That way the peas and such soften up a little better. When I did microwave it, I had the same problem and using a bigger bowl helped. But then I had to pour it into a smaller bowl because I felt jipped when the big bowl was less than 1/2 full!! haha!! Ain't it funny how our minds work!!??
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

LOL

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 21st, 2006, 7:41 am

I think I inhaled oatmeal into my sinuses :tears: when I read your subject line and the visual that gave me..BAWKKKK- KAPOW! lol

I had the same thing happen with my chicken noodle..basically, it boils over. I put it for half the time and stir it several times through the cooking sorta "calm's" it down.

Musical I just read an article in 'Looking Good' Magazine that said the average dinner plate used to be 9 inches across or less. Today at home and in restaurants the average dinner plate is 12 inches across or MORE.
They were suggesting to those on "diets" or learning to eat healthy portions to treat themselves to smaller plates. Kinda cool tidbit!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JustLynda » February 21st, 2006, 8:16 am

Thanks, girls.

I will try the stovetop method...makes it seem more like "real" cooking---something that I already miss after only 3 days. I will also try the larger bowl and constant stirring if I'm in a hurry.

Gina, I think we're supposed to eat the oatmeal, not snort it. ;) I bet everything you eat today is gonna smell like oatmeal. Haha! Thanks for the laugh.

-Lynda
JustLynda

Postby Serendipity » February 21st, 2006, 4:37 pm

I bought one of those oversized coffee mugs from Starbucks and now my soup stays put!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby JustLynda » February 21st, 2006, 5:02 pm

Excellent idea, Jo. Thanks.

(PS...I like your new ticker :thumbup: )
JustLynda

Return to Weight Loss