Exotic

1 Thread per registered User.

Exotic

Postby Exotic » December 9th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Today was my first day on my medifast plan. It wasn't too bad. I had a hard time getting down all 5 supplements. I felt full. I do know it important for me to get all of them down. I did it. I had my first supplement about 8:30 am; and just had a hard time remembering that I needed to get my food in today.

Thanks everyone.

I know I can do this.

Exotic

Exotic
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » December 9th, 2007, 8:23 pm

Looks like you did a great job. Keep it up and keep us posted.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 10th, 2007, 4:24 am

I hope you continue as you began! Congrats. Are you writing down a schedule of when to have your supplements? If you have your first at 8:30am, just get a piece of paper or even do it on the computer and put down the times for your next supplements, spacing them 2.5 to 3 hours apart. That way there is no waiting to feel hungry, or forgetting. Just follow a plan.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lizabette » December 10th, 2007, 7:56 am

Welcome, EXOTIC,
With that positive attitude, and compliance you certainly will lose 50 pounds!
Don't let anything or anyone stand in your way...
Congratulations on beginning a plan that will work, no muss, no fuss!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 10th, 2007, 10:01 am

Congrats and welcome - - YOU CAN DO IT!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rodeomom » December 10th, 2007, 10:01 am

With that kind of start you certainly will lose that pesky 50 pounds! You mentioned the 5 supplements, I hope you just forgot to mention the lean and green and didn't forget to eat it! I often have to remind myself that it is time to eat. I just love that about MF!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Exotic » December 10th, 2007, 10:29 pm

I did have my lean and green on yesterday. It was more green than lean though. I'm finding myself not being very hungry with the supplements. I can get 4 supplements down easy, but it's the 5th supplement I have difficulty getting in. I'm just not hungry for it. I did force it tonight; because I know I have to have it. Oh, I have another question; Can I put raisins in my oatmeal or is that a no, no? Someone please respond.

Thanks,

Exotic

Exotic

Postby Mike » December 10th, 2007, 10:58 pm

Total no-no. If its not in the Quick Start Guide, then don't do it... some would say.

There is a list of condiments and other things in the Lean Cuisine section.

Make sure you are getting in your 5. You should start within an hour of getting up and then 1 every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Make sure you have your last one sometime in your last hour before bed.

On the lean and green... make sure you get in the lean... you really need that protein.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Exotic » December 11th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Thanks, Mike

Today I managed to get for supplements in; it is nine pm and I still haven't gotten my last on in. I will get it in before the night is over. I'm having a slight headache that started today. I did get my lean and green in very well today. SOMEBODY MUST ANSWER ME CAN I HAVE RAISINS IN MY OATMEAL. I WILL BE ABLE TO STOMACH IT A LITTLE MORE I THINK.

EXOTIC

Exotic

Postby Exotic » December 11th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Mike wrote:Total no-no. If its not in the Quick Start Guide, then don't do it... some would say.

There is a list of condiments and other things in the Lean Cuisine section.

Make sure you are getting in your 5. You should start within an hour of getting up and then 1 every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Make sure you have your last one sometime in your last hour before bed.

On the lean and green... make sure you get in the lean... you really need that protein.

;)

Is that a total no no on the raisins or the 4 supplements.

Exotic

Exotic

Postby rodeomom » December 11th, 2007, 8:31 pm

Nope on the raisins... no fruit of any kind during weight loss phase! The only raisins allowed are in the oatmeal raisin bars. I started making a pancake out of my oatmeal and it is the only way I can eat the stuff. Look on Lean Cusine for more ideas.

I had a headache my third and fourth days, it did pass by day 5. Good for you on doing so well on the plan thus far. The first few days are the hardest. If you can get through those the rest is a piece of... well you know what I mean.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 11th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Nope to the raisins and the 4 supplements. Raisins are a no and you should be getting 5 supplements. Have you tried the RTD's? They are 8 ounces and go down quick - like drinking a Yoo Hoo to me. I find them light and less filling than a regular shake (of course, my regular shake is made with ice and 12 ounces of water).

Hope that helps!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Mike » December 11th, 2007, 9:08 pm

Mike wrote:Total no-no. If its not in the Quick Start Guide, then don't do it... some would say.

That was actually in response to your question about the raisins. The extra carbs can keep you from reaching the fat-burning state (ketosis), and raisins are in actuality, little bags of crystallized sugar with some fiber thrown in for good measure.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Diana » December 11th, 2007, 9:09 pm

Mike wrote:

That was actually in response to your question about the raisins. The extra carbs can keep you from reaching the fat-burning state (ketosis), and raisins are in actuality, little bags of crystallized sugar with some fiber thrown in for good measure.

:mrgreen:

..and iron! there's iron in there, too! But, yah, ton o' sugar there (even if it is fructos)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

I will lose 50 pounds

Postby Exotic » December 14th, 2007, 7:06 am

Feeling very tired and cranky yesterday. My tolerance for non-sense was just no on board. Today, I have to complete the other portion of my deep cleaning with the dental hygenist. I'm very nervous; because I'm afraid of the big bad wold (Dentist). You all think about me today.

I need support for this procedure.

Exotic

Exotic

Next

Return to My Journal