energy or lack there of

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

energy or lack there of

Postby AMANDA » May 12th, 2004, 7:48 am

hi everybody,
i placed my order on Monday so my MF should be here this week I hope, i can't wait. I do not have the best eating habits now, and I know MF is going to change that. I do walk though about 4-8 miles a day sometimes a little more or a little less. My problem is I have no energy, whether I am at work at my desk or at home. I force myself to walk because I know it's good for me, but I am wondering if MF gave you more energy, or less becausse of the lessened calories. I go in spurts somedays i feel full of energy but the majority of the time I am tired and lacking that pep I want to have. Also when I start MF do you think I should continue to walk as much or cut down some. thanks.

Amanda
AMANDA

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:03 am

Welcome!!!!!!

I am a BIG LOSER --- I haven’t been on line much lately because my job has had me really busy --- BUT I feel it is so important to let you know that you are in the right place!!!

I still get in here and read as many posts as I can – just not enough time to answer all of them or put my two cents in --- it’s driving me crazy BECAUSE this forum is life-saving!!! The information, people, care, concern and MF of course is what has given me the strength to achieve the awesome results I have gotten. THIS IS THE LAST DIET WE EVER HAVE TO GO ON – the last time I ever have to lose this weight!!!!

I am so glad you are here!!!!! AND look forward to being able to share on a more regular basis ---SOON – I need everyone!!!!

Keep shakin’ and readin’ and postin’ and slurpin’ and drink-drink-drink as much water as you can take – the whole combo is so important and….

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » May 12th, 2004, 8:04 am

Amanda,
I have found that I have more energy than I have in years when I am faithful to the program.

You should be able to find a section about exercise in the FAQ.

Best of luck,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » May 12th, 2004, 8:18 am

Carrie looking at your #'s did you lose 36 lbs in 2 months? thats great. Or am I reading it wrong? I am so excited I can't wait until my mF is here.. :-P :-P :-P :-P

Postby Carrie » May 12th, 2004, 9:13 am

Actually by May 1st, or 2 months I had lost 29.5 pounds. Since then I've lost another ..... 4.4, total of 33.90 in 70 days (I have a little diary I carry with me everywhere and tally up statistics like crazy - LOL).

Thanks for posting that. It gave me a reality check. I've been upset because my weight loss was so slow, and then to see you excited about it gave me the konk on the head I needed! I guess patience never was my best quality, sheesh.

Since the first 2 weeks, when I lost faster than can be expected over time, my average weekly loss is 2.7 pounds. I guess that's not so bad, LOL. Definitely better than not losing or gaining!!!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » May 12th, 2004, 9:20 am

I THINK IT IS AWESOME CARRIE - IT TAKES TIME TO PIT IT ON AND IT WILL TAKE TIME FOR IT TO COME OFF, BUT TO THINK IN ONLY 70 DAYS ITS 30 LBS. THAT'S LIKE LOSING A POUND ALMOST EVERY OTHER DAY- I HOPE MY LOSS IS LIKE YOURS. I BET YOU LOOK GREAT TOO. 30# IS ALOT IT'S 6 BAGS OF SUGAR (THE 5# BAGS) IF YOU EVEN LIFT ONE OF THOSE THATS ALOT TO BE CARRYING AROUND WITH YOU, AND TO THINK YOU 70 DAYS AGO WERE CARRYING 6 BAGS OF SUGAR- AND NOW ITS GONE- THAT MAKES ME PSYCHED I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS AND I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED YET- BUT I KNOW IT'S GOING TO WORK AND BE GREAT -THANKYOU GUYS YOU HAVE TOTALLY MOTIVATED ME AND LIFTED MY SPIRITS AND I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST "DIET " I WILL EVER BE ON. :) :) :)

Postby Landylue » May 12th, 2004, 4:17 pm

Amanda, put me down in the more energy column. As to your question if you should continue the 4-8 miles a day, I'd let one of the health advisors guide you.

Good luck.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

What? No energy? Look out - it's on its way!

Postby Nancy » May 12th, 2004, 11:00 pm

Hi, Amanda ~

Got yer walkin' shoes on? You really are a walker if you do 6 - 8 miles per day! That's the equivalence of me walking half-way to work. I am impressed with you already.

When your boxes of Miracle Medifast arrive, you will need to cut your exercise in half. It really does take a few weeks for your body to adjust to using the stored flab for energy. Do NOT overdo – your weight loss will not increase, your body will be fatigued and your muscles will not be fed properly. Be sure to :bib: eat ON time – that may be a factor in your current energy fluctuations. Most often people fail to fuel their body regularly, therefore, they simply run out of gas! :drive:

Before you head out on a walk, I’d suggest that you have a bar and follow up shortly afterwards with a shake. Dr. Andersen suggests that people begin with a shake and follow up with a bar but our experience here at MakeMeThinner is that our customers need the ready sugar and carbs that come in the bars. Shakes have good potassium levels and that is good for replenishing the bod. It goes without saying, drink plenty of water. A cup of Fast Soup or bouillon is also a good follow up to a :weightlift: workout (in your case, a WALK out!).

My personal experience is that when I started Medifasting I had great energy levels. I stayed outside doing yard work longer than ever before, was awake later than usual and never felt weak. I DID go to bed earlier than my normal bedtime at times because I was hungry and just did not want to see TV commercials with all of the foody photos and also because I needed to stay away from the kitchen. I read and went to :snooze: sleep – I just needed to avoid grub!

We started the Forum here at MakeMeThinner.com because we felt it would be of value to our Medifast clients. I did not have much of a support system when I started Medifast. Other than my husband, I really did not have any one else to keep me on the straight and narrow. My health advisor is a nice man but I just rarely saw him or talked to him.

I also started a small group at our church - we call it "Why Weight?" and it is designed as an accountability group for folks interested in healthier living: mind, body and soul. :stroll: People who lose weight AND keep it off have better success rates when they are a part of a support group. Our Forum does just that - isn't it great?

MakeMeThinner endeavors to answer your questions and meet your needs as fast as we can via private email to me (or Terry, Unca or some of our other MMT team members), by a toll free phone call to Terry at 800-621-1927, through our terrific Forum Folks, and through the Nurse’s and Doc’s Call. We want to provide you with what you need to be successful now and in the years ahead. This is for LIFE, Amanda!
:boing:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.