Energy?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Energy?

Postby sudaoning » August 3rd, 2004, 3:53 pm

I am new here. Been on Medifast for about 10 days and this morning 10 pounds down.

I am finding that I have less energy. Much less. Not that I am wiped out. But normally I am busy buzzing around or going somewhere from the time I get up until I go to bed. Now I am wanting not to do that. Just kind of slow. Don't even want to practice tai chi which I have been doing for nearly 3 years now......

The question is: Does this pass? Soon?

I have been reading here all week. You guys are inspiring, warm and welcoming.
Thanks.
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sylvia » August 4th, 2004, 7:13 am

Yes, the fatigue and/or low energy does pass as your body adjusts to your new program. I'm going to say it took me 3-4 weeks to get there. I recall trying to walk a couple of miles in week 2 (not unusual for me) and feeling really weak and lightheaded.

I have now been on the program for about 13 weeks and have more energy than I've had in a long time. I'm exercising about an hour a day and feeling really good.

So stick with it and you will be past this phase very soon.

Tai Chi is something I've always wanted to try. Maybe I'll treat myself to a class this Fall.

Keep in touch!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thanks Sylvia!

Postby sudaoning » August 4th, 2004, 8:04 am

Usually a hike of a few miles is something I look forward to, but have just had no interest since starting Medifast. I will just relax and enjoy the slowdown during the adjustment, since slow is something I don't often get to experience.

11 pounds in 11 days now.

I have been blessed with a wonder ful and knowledgable
Tai Chi teacher. It is sooooo much deeper than I ever suspected. I encourage you to explore if you have an interest. But know that not all classes are the same. Look for one you click with.
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 4th, 2004, 3:30 pm

Dear Sudaoning ~

First, may I congratulate you on that ten pound loss! Cool - that's a bag of flour off the belly and back!

Now about that lack of energy...sometimes people do feel like someone has pulled the plug initially. Usually it is because they are not used to drinking a lot of water. When we begin drinking more water than we are used to, coupled with the diuretic affect of Medifast, we are feelin' lousy because we've washed away our potassium and/or sodium. Many of our previous postings deal with this very issue.

If you have some Fast Soup, fix a cup or two of it and enjoy the great taste and feel your energy return. If you do NOT have any Fast Soup, merely prepare a cup of chicken or beef bouillon. That ought to do the trick for you.

Remember, IF you are accustomed to exercising, you need to wait until your third week of Medifasting and when you DO begin exercising again, cut it in HALF for a while and gradually build up your stamina and intensity level.

If you have any of the creamy soups, feel free to use the salt shaker! Since the Medifast products are low sodium, your body just may be telling you that it needs a dash of salt.

Keep shakin', Sudaoning!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2004, 5:31 am

Thanks Nancy

And thank you so much for offering this support fourm.

I have been reading past posts as time permits and I have been salting the products and using bouillon. I will be patient. The big slowdown is very different for me...BUT this morning 12 pounds in now 12 days. I set small goals......5 lbs at a time. In less than 2 weeks I have passed 2 goals and am on my way to the third. Plenty of reason to be patient!

How could I complain about NOT having to exercise?

This former skeptic is fast becoming a convert!

Donna

217/204.5/140

Postby Nancy » August 5th, 2004, 9:33 am

Hey there, Donna ~

You will soon be below the 200 mark - WOWSER!

Your energy will return soon. Just knowing that you are into a new weight decade ought to perk you up a bit!

You'll soon be tossing your former size clothing out the door and be wearing smaller things.

It is interesting how 15- 20 pounds can mean the difference between a size 22 and a size 24. :-)

Go, Donna, go!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Energy

Postby dogsade » November 19th, 2004, 8:48 pm

Hi folks,

Just reading the posts. Nancy sent me a nice check up email about my tummy. I told Nancy that my energy level/energy has been very low, now after about 12 weeks/30 lbs I feel worse than when I started the program! I'm not sure what to do but I think perhaps I may not be getting enough sodium and potassium in. I've also gotten bored and am cheating. I've been on diests since I was 10, so there's always a bit of resistance to following a diet strictly. I just wish I had some energy and a new boost of energy to get refocused.

Cuffy
dogsade

Postby Nancy » November 19th, 2004, 9:50 pm

Cuffy,

Well, that explains a lot of things. If you are cheating, then your body is no longer in the fat burning stage - hunger returns, cravings return and you are not going to experience consistent weight loss

When energy levels decline and a person has been faithfully eating on time - every three hours (never more than four hours), consuming all five of their Medifast meal replacements, drinking adequate water, then there is the possibility of low potassium or sodium levels.

If you have been taking medications prior to weight loss and had good energy levels prior to losing weight and then only recently began to experience energy drains, it could possibly mean that it is time to see the physician for a medication dosage reduction or elimination.

If you do things right only some of the time, you are not going to be consistently successful.

Medifast has been clinically proven to work for everyone who follows the program.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss