eddieHoustonTX

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Unca_Tim » February 20th, 2007, 7:58 am

Good show Eddie,

.......but....shame on you for not drinking your water. This should be a life-long habit for everyone.

Couple days and you'll be in the Medi-Zone....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sister » February 20th, 2007, 8:28 am

Hi Eddie!

Glad you are back! Right there with you still on the program!
Let me know if you need anything!
Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 20th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Hi Eddie~ Just wanted to say hello and encourage you on your journey. You're doing great!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » February 20th, 2007, 5:51 pm

If I haven't said it already, let me join the crowd in welcoming you back. :D
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 21st, 2007, 8:09 am

Welcome Back I am cheering for you. :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:

Katie
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » February 21st, 2007, 8:22 am

Welcome back and congratulations on making the choice to resume achieving your weight loss goal!! It sounds like you were very successful before so I bet you'll be doing wonderfully again! :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Hello!! Old friend and Newe Friends!! :)

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 7th, 2009, 5:57 am

I am back!! Yes I am. Wow. My avitar has me sipping a RTD, one of the old square boxes from 2005!! Well look. Here is my story. I initially lost 80 pounds or so on MF, then to make a long story short, I did not follow through with the transition plan and gained all of it back! :( Oh well. here i am again!! I am at 318.0 and my official restart date is 5/6/2009 so here I am. Hurricane Ike was horrible, as I live in Houston, Texas and that combined with the loss of two very close relatives added to my eating frenzy and stress relief!! I am in the blue now and ready to make good progress. I hope that at some point I may be of some inspiration to others as some on this forum have been to me. Cheers! Please add :D :D me on Facebook if you like.
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Unc

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 7th, 2009, 5:58 am

Hi Unc. Is there any way that you might link all of my other journal posts to this one? I am not cvertain what I did wrong, but there you go!! Thanks!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX

Postby Unca_Tim » May 7th, 2009, 3:51 pm

Hi Eddie and welcome back!
:wave:

Great seeing you again.....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Good Morning!

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 29th, 2009, 5:02 am

It has been a while, so I thought I'd post quickly this morning. Well I started three weeks ago at 318 lbs, and my last weigh-in I was at about 296. I am hoping to be 290 or below this Sunday.

Let me share by meal last night with all of you: I made baked flounder last night. (I had about 8 ounces), but then I fell asleep and forgot to have my last meal :( Might have an extra RTD later today then. I placed all of the flounder in a Pyrex dish that had been sprayed one quick spray with Canola Oil-Pam. Then I squeezed the juice from a lemon on the fish. (not sure exactly how much lemon, but no more than 1.5 TBS I think) then I ground a light dusting of this cool Italian herbs mix I found at Kroger. It is a spice jar filled with different herbs like onion, garlic, oregano and rosemary, sea salt. Then it has a small grinder on the top that grinds manually when you twist it--what a cool thing and it came out of the oven delicious!!! :P Then I boiled a cup and a half of cabbage lightly salted. Wow, what a lean and green. I was stuffed.

Hop this was interesting to those that need a "morale" boost! have a great weekend everyone!! :)
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX

Postby Karli » May 29th, 2009, 6:53 am

Sounds like you're doin' great, Eddie ! Thanks for the recipe tip :). Cheers !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Cooking time

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 29th, 2009, 7:06 am

Forgot this part: I preheated the oven to 350, then baked for 15 minutess.
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX

Postby nickieluv » May 29th, 2009, 9:33 am

That sounds like a great recipe even for someone not on a diet!! Welcome back and congratulations on your quick progress. I hope you meet your goal for Sunday!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Kudos and a Healthy Habit Consideration for Meal Skippage

Postby Nancy » May 29th, 2009, 9:43 am

Hidy Ho, Edward ~

Your flounder recipe sounds most delish! Flounder is a mild tasting fish and a wonderful option for folks who are a bit skitterish and often avoid fish.
Here at the old MakeMeThinner Cottage, we prepare tilapia and flounder much the same way you describe.

I thinly slice a lemon or lime and place a couple slices on a piece of non-stick aluminum foil, lay the fish filet on top of the lemon/lime, sprinkle with a grind or two of the herb medley or cut a few snips of fresh herbs atop the fish and place another lemon/lime slice on top of the herbs. Wrap loosely in foil and bake for 10 minutes, unwrap the foil so it gets a bit browned (sometimes I turn on the broiler for a few minutes – watch it so it doesn’t blaze!). Voila! A healthy meal that promotes thinner thighs!

Just a little comment here about something you said above ^
Re: “I fell asleep and forgot to have my last meal Might have an extra RTD later today then.”

Edward, when we miss a meal replacement one day, do not make it up the next day. Likewise, it is best not to double up on packets if you miss one per Dr. Joe. It is best to space fuelings several hours apart; if you miss a meal time, you could attempt to have an hour or so between them to try to fit it in before bedtime or do as you did – hit the hay and do your best the next time to stick to your regular fueling schedule.

By ‘making up’ for it today, you will be increasing today’s fuel injestion. If we put extra gasoline into a car’s gas tank, the excess spills out on the ground – when we put extra fuel into the ol’ bod, if it gets more than what it needs for any given time, the excess fuel doesn’t spill out onto the ground, it lives on our buns, hips and thighs instead of being burned up that day to supply the body’s daily fuel needs.

You must have been tired to fall asleep before slurping down your shake or glugging your water – sleep is one of Dr. A’s habits of health and that is a good thing to incorporate into your prescription for health! So glad you are resolved to git ‘er done!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Karli » June 6th, 2009, 7:44 am

Hello, Eddie ! How you doing ? Hope you're rockin' it ! Cheers !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal