HD"s Dreaded Pic has arrived

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

HD"s Dreaded Pic has arrived

Postby HD » February 4th, 2004, 9:19 pm

This is the latest pic I could find. This was taken in November while my hubby was home. My Husband has lost about 20 pounds since he went remote in May 2003 so that makes me a big time slacker! I hope to lose some of this flab before he comes home in May. Ya'll know I really hate posting a pic.....I will be happy,I will be happy

Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Great Picture!!

Postby TamiL » February 4th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Hey Jackie
what a terriffic looking couple!! you are beautiful!! and May is right arond the corner..Im sure you will get to where you want to be by then!! you dont even look overweight??!!! I guess everyone has thier "ideal" weight they want to be at...and we will all get there!!

Is it safe to assume your hubby is military? I saw on your profile that your in NC..soon to be Florida!! I was a military wife for 11 years! its a hard life..not easy!! and what the weird thing is..alot of military wives stuggle with weight issues..but mine started the day I WAS BORN!!! :lol: I guess alot of the reasons Why I overate was due to boredom and lonliness..which as a military wife or civilian wife at times...you have your share of!!

anyhoo...didnt mean to pry... :oops:
..keep on shakin..shake shake shake shakin' :lol:
okay..time for bed...day 3 is upon me!! ohhhhh noooo!

Im feeling kind of lightheaded and dizzy today...probably sugar withdrawals! my body is screaming for junk...but its not GETTING ANY!!
:x my tummy is growling...but it forgot what HUNGER FEELS LIKE..cuz I never gave it a chance to feel that way!!! :shock:

Ketois is coming...ketois is coming..ketois is coming!! yahooooooooo bring it on baby!! :lol:
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 5th, 2004, 6:38 am

So nice to meet you Jackie! What does your husband do??
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » February 5th, 2004, 7:00 am

So, you were brave enough to post your pic. You already look beautiful. Thank you for being so brave and joinging the ranks. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby HD » February 5th, 2004, 7:22 am

Yep, Military is the life we lead. My husband was sent to Korea In May 2003 and able to come home in Nov. for 3 weeks. It was hard to see him go a second time. but 3&1/2 months and we will be together again :stroll: . The only advantage we have over this tour he's on now is that he got orders to Florida. Our Family is there so we're excited about that. It's been 13 years since we've been close to family so we're due. Needless to say I've been packing up the house since he left so it's kinda empty here. I must admit I had fun packing the kitchen food up! I never realized how much junk I had in my cabinets, chips,candy,etc. It was nice throwing it in the trash!
Thank's to all that have posted their pics, that was hard for me because I don't like to have my pic taken (haven't liked it for years now). I hope to one day post an after pic (one that I'll be proud of). In the meantime I'll keep on shaking.
Love to All
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby moutoncove » February 5th, 2004, 7:37 am

Hi Jackie (HD)

You have such a pretty smile. Boy will your husband be surprised when he comes home. He's going to have a new woman. I know it took a lot of courage to post your picture. I took my picture Sunday but haven't developed it yet. I'm still debating if I'm going to put it up or not. I'll have to wait and see how it looks (but at my weight NOTHING looks good)!

Good luck on this journey - can't wait to see the finished product.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby shineface » February 5th, 2004, 7:41 am

Jackie--

I applaud your sharing your picture -- I know what you mean about having avoided the camera for years ... I think my Mom has one taken at a family function this past summer and I'm trying to get a copy and join the land of the bravely posted.

You and your husband are a beautiful couple - enjoy every day. I lost my husband 2.5 years ago to a heart attack and sometimes think about some of the things we didn't do because of my weight and lack of self-esteem in some situations...BUT then I get outta that thinking and continue to go forward in a positive way and focus more on the good times - so many of them....anyway, I ramble on-sorry.

Just think when you see your husband come home ---fat or thin a happy time ----- please don't be offended if this sounds too personal BUT ooohhhh nothing to put the spark back in the physical relationship like losing weight (I speak from years of experience).

I look forward to getting to know all of you on this forum so much better-all of your posts help me everyday ---being able to come here and read and communicate is really helping me to overcome the sometime deafening silence in my home some nites. My husband understand my struggles with my weight and health --- most of my friends and family members though they love and support me and worry about me don't really know what all of this weight struggle feels like -- you all do.

Thanks for listening and keep up the posts--they really help me ---we all help each other.

Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » February 6th, 2004, 11:11 pm

Hi, Little Darlin' ~

Whee! I am so happy to see you! Gosh, your husband will be :shock: shocked :shock: when he arrives stateside! He will have a happy homecoming!

Folks, I TOTALLY understand how difficult it is to have your picture taken and then to post it on the World Wide Web! This is a big deal to reveal ourselves publicly. I have many missing years – the years that I was obese and avoided the camera like a plague. Whenever the video cam or the camera came out, I headed for the BR (bath Room) or the garage to “take out the garbage.” I can honestly say that for the most part, I rather enjoy posing now – it is really a delight for me to meet you and to talk to you.

Recently I was speaking at a Take Shape For Life Tasting in our area (I speak weekly about our super program!!) and a Health Advisor in attendance was speaking to one of her clients from Ohio. Monica is the name of the client and she told me she was struggling somewhat and it was special for her to be able to talk with me. I asked her when she was going to begin Medifasting and Monica committed to me that she was starting the program in earnest the next day and that she would diligently comply for the next three weeks as she is coming to Portland, Oregon on Feb. 12th and I will have the pleasure of meeting her in person!

I can hardly wait to see her but I am also a tad bit nervous. It’s the old insecurity thing rearing its ugly head in my space. I have foreboding thoughts that she will think I am dull, or not thin enough, that my fur (hair) is too short, or that my eyes look wrinkly, etc. Isn’t that dismal? I mean, really! I lost a load of flab and I look pretty good for a 55 year old Leopard Woman! What’s the deal with this stinkin’ thinkin’ we’ve got goin’ on here? :shock:

Let’s eject those negatory thoughts and :twisted: self deprecating descriptions! Let’s only say positive and lovely things about ourselves!

When God made us He did NOT say, “Well, this one is merely adequate” but rather He said, “this child is precious in my sight!” ;)

Stand up tall, look at your reflection in the mirror and tell yourself three things that you LOVE about yourself! You are awesome! :thumbup:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Studio