DonicaB

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby pinkbugs471 » June 29th, 2007, 4:23 am

Donna.

I am so sorry to here of the loss of your mother in law. Take comfort in knowing that she is no longer in any pain, and is now with the Lord.

We are all here for you, and understand all the stress that comes with the real world. I know you will be successful in getting to your goal.

Hugs Sista :heart: :hug:
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » June 29th, 2007, 6:37 am

Donica, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you....I'm so sorry for your loss.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonnaS » June 29th, 2007, 2:34 pm

I am so sorry to here about your mother-in-law Donica; you know we are all here for you.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » June 29th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Doni ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law...my heart goes out to you and your family - I'm sure you'll all miss her very much. The pain you're feeling is a testament to how much you loved your mother-in-law, and I'm sure the memories of your own mother have surfaced again. I hope you can get to a place where you can remember all the good times you had with both your mother-in-law and your mother and can really enjoy those memories.

You are a strong woman, Doni - please don't forget that.

((((((((((((((((:hug:))))))))))))))))
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby SuzyQ66 » July 3rd, 2007, 10:49 am

Oh Doni - I am so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I hope you and your family are doing well under the circumstances. We are here for you if you need a sounding board. Again, I am so sorry.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MerryMary » July 4th, 2007, 10:04 pm

Hi Dona! I want to extend my sympathy to you and your family. Losing a loved one is never easy and it leaves an emptiness that is quietly painful. Still, one of the ways we remain connected to our loved ones is by cherishing the memories we have with them. Perhaps these words of Dietrich Bonhoeffer say it better:
"Nothing can make up for the absence of someone whom we love ... It is nonsense to say that God fills the gap; he doesn't fill it, but on the contrary, he keeps it empty and so helps us to keep alive our former communion with each other, even at the cost of pain ... The dearer and richer our memories, the more difficult the separation. But gratitude changes the pangs of memory into tranquil joy. The beauties of the past are born, not as a thorn in the flesh, but as a precious gift in themselves."
God bless.
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Mike » July 6th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Donica,
Sorry for this coming so late. Di and I pray that you and your family are able to lean on each other during this time. Feel free to lean on us here as well.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 8th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Well........I had to go to nearly the bottom of page 2 to find my journal. I think that pretty well sums it up. :bricks:

What started with a death in the family blossomed into yet another complete failure on my part. Failure to stop the slippery slope of cheating yet once again. Failure to see what was happening to me, again, and failure to stop it. I am my own worst enemy.

I have been beating myself up for a long time now and I don't think there is anything left to beat on. I have pretty well gained all of my weight back. All but 5 pounds to be exact.

I stopped coming to the forum for a couple of reasons. One....I didn't want to face you guys. Two......my feelings had been hurt by someone and I let it totally eat at me instead of facing it straight on. However, I know those are not the reasons I failed......again.

I have tried about 500+ times (at least it seems like it) to re-start MF. I have yet to make it past 2 days. I tried again Monday, but had to go to a conference Tues. and Wed. and caved immediately.

A couple of wonderful people here have been keeping in touch and have really been encouraging even when I didn't want it. (Thanks Chynna & Tawanda).

I don't know how I'm going to do, but doing nothing isn't working so......I've got to give it another shot. I'm going to give myself a 100 day challenge.....today being Day 1.

I don't really know what else to say. I'm embarrassed......ashamed......down-trodden.......and wishing I could take back the past 6 months......but I can't......so I must move on.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » February 8th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Donica, I'm sorry that you've had a rough time and that you are struggling, but it is wonderful to have you back.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Serendipity » February 8th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Hi doni!

I can't believe so much time has passed since you were here! Welcome back. We missed you. Lots of changes, but some of oldies still haning around, too.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 8th, 2008, 3:42 pm

DonicaB wrote:Well........I had to go to nearly the bottom of page 2 to find my journal. I think that pretty well sums it up. :bricks:

What started with a death in the family blossomed into yet another complete failure on my part. Failure to stop the slippery slope of cheating yet once again. Failure to see what was happening to me, again, and failure to stop it. I am my own worst enemy.

I have been beating myself up for a long time now and I don't think there is anything left to beat on. I have pretty well gained all of my weight back. All but 5 pounds to be exact.

I stopped coming to the forum for a couple of reasons. One....I didn't want to face you guys. Two......my feelings had been hurt by someone and I let it totally eat at me instead of facing it straight on. However, I know those are not the reasons I failed......again.

I have tried about 500+ times (at least it seems like it) to re-start MF. I have yet to make it past 2 days. I tried again Monday, but had to go to a conference Tues. and Wed. and caved immediately.

A couple of wonderful people here have been keeping in touch and have really been encouraging even when I didn't want it. (Thanks Chynna & Tawanda).

I don't know how I'm going to do, but doing nothing isn't working so......I've got to give it another shot. I'm going to give myself a 100 day challenge.....today being Day 1.

I don't really know what else to say. I'm embarrassed......ashamed......down-trodden.......and wishing I could take back the past 6 months......but I can't......so I must move on.

Doni

OMG!! OMG!!...girlllllll i just KNEW you were coming ijust KNEW'IT and i'm soooooooo GLAD my sweet sweet friend :-P :-P Last time we chatted girl i just got this overwhelming feeling that you REALLY wanted to come back, but was a little apprehensive because of the above mentioned reasons, BUT FEAR NOT i'm here to tell you that seeing your name once again active does my heart ALOT of good. The boards since you've been away have acquired many NEW and WONDERFUL people as well as supporters, of which i have FONDLY come to love and have really connected with, however i MUST say too that i'm STILL fond of many of the friends YOU knew while onboard before that have CONTINUED to be here and have been an EXCELLENT source of support for us all EVEN after we've reached goal and currently maintaining.
So i want to personally WELCOME you back to the fold girl :-P YOU are going to do FANNNNNTASTIC!!!!...and remember YOU are NOT ALONE!! We've ALL felt like you feel BUT know in our hearts that they WILL be a BEAUTIFUL rainbow at the end of the storm:+)) Now with that said...GO GET THAT SHAKE and that WATER!!!!...LOL! I love'ya my friend!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » February 8th, 2008, 4:16 pm

donica...been there, done that...the whole restart 500+ times. There is no reason to be ashamed, you are back for the support and we are still here to be supportive. There are many restarters so you are not alone! Grab a shake and join the party. Welcome back!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby queenielou » February 8th, 2008, 4:31 pm

Hey Doni,

I, too, was happy to see your post. I'm sorry to hear that the past 6 months have been a struggle, but that's the past. I know you can make it this time. I hope you had a successful day today and will have at least 99 more to follow. You're getting back up again - that's the important part.

Take care.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby Mike » February 9th, 2008, 12:41 am

DonicaB wrote:I don't really know what else to say. I'm embarrassed......ashamed......down-trodden.......and wishing I could take back the past 6 months......but I can't......so I must move on.

And move on you will. Luckily, I didn't gain back all of the weight I had lost when I found this program. I had only gained back 50 of the 160. I did give this program a try and lost the 50 plus 20 more, and since then, I've been on and off...
Yes, we struggle, but we will overcome. Yes, we fall off, but we get right back on it.

Just remember, we are here to support and help, and lend an ear when needed. Just hang in there and you will succeed....

Please don't feel ashamed and down trodden.... our Lord is our comforter, so don't let the Devil make you think food is. (I need to remember this myself) ;)

We are looking forward to hearing more from you.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby holberry » February 9th, 2008, 8:46 am

Good morning Donica!!!!!
So happy to hear from you.
It''s a brand new day, yes it is.
holberry
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal