Don't they say 3rd times the charm? Well lets get serious!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Don't they say 3rd times the charm? Well lets get serious!

Postby fedup » August 18th, 2005, 8:22 am

Okay! I'm back! Those of you who know me know that I did MF in the fall, lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks, and then blew it all with my failure to transition! I gained it all back plus lots more by binge eating. :cry: So this summer I restarted, trying to get back on track. Well all the summer travelling and being off work made it very very tough to get going. Well, no more excuses. I'm back at work now, I'm done traveling, and it's time to get serious!

I also had another motivation, seemed like a kind of "message" or "sign." Remember how I had explained that some product (a lot of product) I had traded with another person had never arrived, and it had been nearly 2 months? I couldn't get ahold of the person, and I didn't know if it was a mix up or what had happened. I hated to think that someone on our forum would do that on purpose, so I was holding out hope that it would work out... Well, out of the blue it arrived yesterday on my front step! Then when I logged on the person had messaged me explaining what had happened. How wonderful was that! It inspired me to get serious again also! No more excuses! And I want to thank over and over the wonderful people on this forum who offered to help out during that situation! I didn't want to take anyone up on that just because I didn't want anyone else to be "out", but it didn't mean that I didn't appreciate every offer soooooo much! :)

So here I am starting my 3rd time! I kinda feel like a bit of a loser for messing up so much in the past, especially since I know how well MF works. But I'm here and I'm still kicking, trying to "kick" this food thing! So wish me luck my MF family!

I've still got alot of mess going on in my personal life. My SO is planning to move to Arizona for a year or so to make money, then move back home. It's scary and a very uncertain time. We are raising our daughter. (She is his biologically but very much mine in heart!! :) ) We are trying to decide what to do about the move. I think and hope that he will agree that it is best for her to stay with me during the time. She is 5, just starting kindergarten. She is my daughter in every way that matters, and I couldn't imagine being without her that long a time. It's just such a hard situation. I'll know more definitely in mid-Sept about what is going on. Sorry to ramble on here, but this is kind of my "cathartic" "get it all out" post!

ANyway, I'm back, tomorrow is my Day1. I'll be posting a lot, 'cause that really helped me the first time! I love all you guys, this forum got me through the first time, and I know it will again! (And this time I'll transition right! ;) )

I'll update my ticker soon but I'm not going to weigh for the first week or two, thought I'd just concentrate on compliance at first.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » August 18th, 2005, 8:28 am

Hi Christy,
Great to hear your products showed up and you're back on the train.

Maybe it's a sign that smooth sailing's ahead with everything in your life...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Carbshateme » August 18th, 2005, 8:29 am

Christy!
You did it before and you can do it again!!!! I have utter faith in you! We will motivate and inspire each other, K?

You sound like an awesome mom! What are your SO's concerns about leaving "his" (You know what I mean) daughter with you? Have you guys asked her what she wants? I know at age 5 she is a bit young but I don't think it would harm her to feel out her opinion. I think that with her just starting kindergarten that will be enough of a transition without her also making a move. Who has she been living with thus far?
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 18th, 2005, 9:00 am

Hey, Christy ~

Welcome Home! :exercise:

Today is the best time to begin! No lookin' back - you know the drill, now let's gitter done!

:hi5:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby suzyq » August 18th, 2005, 9:01 am

Hi Christy - glad to have you back! I always loved the "butterfly" quote! I started and restarted several times too - finally everything just clicked and I can't imagine going back now - I just feel so much better! You can do it!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » August 18th, 2005, 9:30 am

Looky at that Susanne - she is almost HALF WAY to her goal!

:muahaha: (I have NO idea what a muahaha is but I like to say it in a deep dusky throaty way!)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » August 18th, 2005, 9:53 am

Thanks for the warm welcome back! Yup, it's definitely past time to let that butterfly free!

Kaylynn (our daughter) has been living with me. My SO and I both have apartments at the same community. She has a bedroom at both our houses but she stays with me 99.9% of the time. Her dad is at our house most of the time also for dinner and after work etc... Financially it's really dumb of us to have 2 apartments but he's not quite ready for the "BIG COMMITMENT" ;) , and we did live together last year and I defintely learned that I do not want to live together again till he's 100% ready. We plan on marrying and buying a house, just waiting for the right timing. BUt yes, she's been with me constantly. She definintely wants to stay with me. I just feel for her 'cause she shouldn't have to do without 1 or the other of us. But he's asked her if she'd want to stay with me and go visit him or go with him and come visit me and she says she wants us all to be together but if she has to "choose" she wants to stay here. I know it's killing him too, but I'm pretty sure he'll let her stay here with me and we'll fly out at holidays and such. I just wish he'd get his priorities straight and realize there are more important things than money and that us all being together right now is more important.... but I think he's gotta see this on his own, and I think he will. He's done this "relocate" thing before and it's only lasted a month or two, but it's still very stressful and scary right now. All the "what if's" go through your head!
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Alisha » August 18th, 2005, 9:57 am

Christy, I understand your struggles very well. I just reached the 30# mark and I've been battling with the hungry monster and the cravings for the last two weeks. We all slip up but the important thing for you, me, and everyone else is that we get back on track as soon as it is possible and stay close to the idea of thin and healthy! You can do this and we're all behind you 100%. I'm very proud of you that you haven't given up altogether and that you've come back! Unca's right - I see smooth sailing ahead for you and I'm so pleased.

You take care and let us know if you need anything!

All the best of success

Alisha :rose:
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » August 18th, 2005, 11:40 am

hi christy

your story is so familiar. it is so hard to get going again after a stop and gain. it sounds like you have alot going on in your life and it is good to see that you are finally putting yourself at the top of your "to do" list!

the last time i lost and gained...it was really awful. i lost 45 pounds then gained 85 pounds back. i felt like a failure, and felt that i was done..i had resigned myself that i was just destined to be fat forever.

like you, it was hard to face the problem and get going again. i know you can do this! if all of these mf folks can, you can too girl!!!! hang in there and i really hope everything works out with your SO and your move...arizona is AWESOME

:mrgreen:
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby aimalasplace » August 18th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Fedup,
With me being new here all I can say is that I am here for ya! I am terrified of going off the "medifast-wagon" I know that if I do then I am in some serious trouble. As long as I have that in the back of my head then I think that it will easier for me to say No.
It has been an easy 3 days so far. I have found that I seem to enjoy the suppliments more without the "extras" so far. I have tried the shakes with the SF syrups, they are ok but I think I may be adding either too much or not enough. So I have decided to keep it REAL simple.
That may help with you fedup just keep it all simple. What happens with your SO is going to happen. Good or bad. Hopefully he will see that your daughter wants to be with you and he may accomplish more on his on money wise. I think that guys aren't able to handle the whole package like we are Work, kids, cleaning, cooking, etc. NO OFFIENCE To the guys out there.
P.S. I don't like expressing my opinions because they can offend people so no harm intended. :idontknow:
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby martha » August 18th, 2005, 9:34 pm

Hi friend--

SOOO GLAD YOU ARE BACK and extra glad your products arrived safe and sound with an explaination(sp--doesn't look right..) I was really worried about you giving up completely the way it happened.. And to whoever sent the products to her--THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! I too was hoping it was just an error of some kind.. THANK YOU__THANK YOU!!!
I hope to see less and less of you each week :mrgreen: YOU CAN DO THIS--I am here anytime day or night if you need me.. You know the drill(EMAIL ME :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) I too have loss and regained over the years till NOW..I know we can do this..Have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fedup » August 19th, 2005, 6:49 am

Thank you to everyone! Martha- you a such a wonderful person! Does everyone know that she kept private messaging making sure I didn't need her to send me anything and making sure I was still around?! :) She's a great supporter, don't ya just love this forum!

I have a big smile on my face as I drink my shake this morning! Day 1 is in full swing. I'm really thinking of doing a 100 day challenge to keep myself motivated and accountable...
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby martha » August 19th, 2005, 7:08 am

FEDUP--

Thanks so much--You can do this and please know that I am here for you no matter what..Yes I love this forum and everyone here too.. :mrgreen: Hate to think of where I would be without all of you.. :oops: Congratulations on your first shake and new beginning..Have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 19th, 2005, 8:25 am

Christy-

I couldn't agree with you more: Martha is an awesome supporter! She is a blessing to have on this forum. :-P

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fedup » August 21st, 2005, 7:21 am

Okay, first few days have been TOUGH but I'm hangin in... Seems it's tougher each time! That's why this time is THE TIME!! I've been really thinking and I've decided to do a 100 day pledge thing to keep myself accountable and motivated. I'm starting on Sunday, today, weigh in day with counting my days. I'm gonna post it in the weight room.
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Next

Return to Come on in.