difficult sunday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

difficult sunday

Postby Michelle1210 » November 6th, 2005, 9:44 pm

Today proved to be the hardest day for me I had a shake at 8;30 before church and i did not have another shake untill 12;00 I had prevesiously made to have on hand, Then I got home and made a sunday tradtional breakfeast, which was highly tempting..... I made myself a loaded veggie omelette........but it has been a struggle all day.....after all I was a good girl all week ;) somehow I wanted to reward myself with food....but i refrained gritting my teeth........it is so much easier when my family is at school and work, then i dont have to cook till the eveing meal thats when i have my lean and green. :shock: grrrrr :mrgreen:
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Difficult Sunday

Postby Jan » November 6th, 2005, 10:51 pm

Hi Michelle,
Give yourself a pat on the back. It may have been a difficult Sunday but I think you made it through. The stretch from 8:30 - 12:00 was a little long -- probably tempted you a little more to munch :? -- but you made it. All of us need to learn to reward ourselves in non-foody ways. Old habits are hard to break but we can do it!! Pick a reward (non-foody of course :D ) decide what you have to do to earn it -- and work toward it. My daughter rewards herself with manicures. So many compliant days equal one manicure. Pick something for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » November 6th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Michelle ~

Good for you for resisting - you looked for the way of escape promised to you and you did not let temptation win over you!

I used to get really hungry on Sundays, too and stretched my meals out way too far apart and then become a Starvin' Marvin. Now my Sunday looks like this: I have oatmeal at 7:00 AM, a cup of coffee on our way to church at 9:30 and then drink a RTD just before going into the service about 10:15 AM. Sometimes I unwrap a bar and cut it up into small pieces and keep them in a ziplok baggy. If needed, I quietly have a few small pieces of bar. There are many people who have diabetes or other health conditions that require them to take some medication during a service and it can be done subtly if you are prepared before you go. Often we have a RTD in the car right after church on our way home.

You are doing great!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Michelle1210 » November 7th, 2005, 8:48 am

Thankyou Jan and Nancy for your wonderful tips :D
today completes my first week and I have lost a total of 6 lbs for the week, I havnt lost this much weight in one week since i was my 20's I have struggled all year to loose weight, I managed to loose a total of 8 lbs for the whole year :oops: now if i add my 6lbs this week that makes it a total of 14 lbs...... sounds alot better :-P

6 lbs loss for my first week woo hoo :mrgreen:
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210

6 pounds gone

Postby Jan » November 7th, 2005, 9:32 pm

Wow you are doing great. Six pounds gone already -- we'll keep watching you!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » November 8th, 2005, 10:46 am

You had a great week - just think - Gulp! some of us gained 6 pounds this week and you are now 6 pounds closer to your goal and 6 pounds healthier!

As the holidays approach, you will be able to zip your pants and not have a belly hangover!! Keep it up!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Michelle1210 » November 9th, 2005, 3:48 pm

thankyou ladies for the kudoos :lol: Lord knows I need it :roll:
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210

DIFFICULT SUNDAY

Postby HAPPY AS A BUG » November 11th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Don't be hard on yourself, you had the will power to reframe and that's a good thing. :lol: the weekend for me is always the hardest but remember OUR GOALS are what's important and evey time you look in the mirror and see the results just give yourself a BIG :lol: and say to yourself that it's worth all that you have given up. Be stronger :dancinguy: and know that you can do it.

Sincerely,
Happy as a Bug!!
HAPPY AS A BUG

Return to Come on in.