Diet Sabotage

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Diet Sabotage

Postby Claudia » November 13th, 2004, 12:19 pm

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone on this forum. The support is overwhelming. My dilemma is I've been trying to restart Medifast for the last month or so. I was on it for 10 days, doing great and then I a had 'relapse'. I know this program will work if I just stuck with it. THe problem is, every time I try to get back, friends are inviting us to dinner and lately I've been avoiding going out so I wouldn't be tempted. I explained to my husband it's like someone inviting an alcoholic out to a bar after he's had only three days sober. He's bound to drink. And I'm bound to overeat. I don't have enough abstinence yet to not be so vulnerable. However, when I stay home, I feel so guilty that I overeat anyway. And there's the dilemma. It's like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. The more weight I gain, the worse I feel and the more I eat. What a paradox. my husband has been putting the guilt trip on me lately saying he'd like to be with someone that attends social situations with him. Maybe I'm too sugared up lately to figure out what to do. Can anyone give me some sound advice? I just want to take control of my life again and get some kind of discipline and self-respect back. Any advice?
Claudia

Postby Sylvia » November 13th, 2004, 12:34 pm

I have been on MF for 6 + months and did not avoid one social situation. In the beginning when I was on the full fast, I would have a sparkling water and a green salad and just say I wasn't too hungry if I didn't want to explain that I was on MF. Later, after I moved to the modified plan, I'd just incroporate my lean and green into whatever was being served. It was never a problem.

Mostly, people don't even notice what you eat. So the hardest part will be denying yourself the pleasure of eating. I can only speak for myself, but I would focus on how much and how unhealthily most people eat and be thankful I wasn't doing that to my body anymore. I also kept telling myself that it was only for a short time.

Believe me - it was more than worth it. The pleasure of food is fleeting. The happiness you get from looking and feeling good lasts as long as you are true to the plan!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss