Success, Sadness, and Sabotage...revisited

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Success, Sadness, and Sabotage...revisited

Postby faithchild » November 21st, 2004, 8:49 am

Just wanted to express my thanks for all the posts from, Success, Sadness, and Sabotage. Wow...the posts from Shineface, Landylue, Carrie, Maddie, elle4nelly, TamiL, and Jeanette has really helped me so much this morning. I have been slipping for about a week I started feeling it coming but didn't know how to stop it. I wasn't sure what was wrong...I was just stressed out and moving in a "poor me" state.

I told myself that I would begin today but shortly after I began talking myself out of starting today and feeling the tempation of Thanksgiving very soon (wanting to "grease") While on the pc I started that negative self-talk to myself, and I began feeling like...."I'll start tomorrow". Then I read Success, Sadness, and Sabotage!!! Thank you Lord. It helped me define some of my confessing emotions, and helped me to remember why I was doing Medifast is the first place. I'm still waiting on the scale I purchased, I know I've lost at least 40lbs since I began Sept 15, 04. I want to continue but I start playing these mind games with myself that are so familar when I began feeling and looking better. I have such a long way to go and I want to succeed. I buy the books, tapes, magazines, Medifast supplies, I've been riding the waves and the...BAM.

I'll keep you guys posted, the best I can. Thanks for being here.

Faithchild
faithchild

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 4:17 pm

Hi, Faithchild ~

Your name says it all - you are a child of the King and therefore, you have some faith - you have done the right thing by coming by the Forum to express your feelings and thoughts. It is not easy to separate oneself from the ever-present food and foody events but if we want to reach an appropriate weight and to live a healthier life, then we have to make changes. I went thru some sad days when I looked longingly back to the days of eating the amount of foods that I used to eat but then I twanged back to reality and decided that what I wanted most of all was to keep on being thin. Both lifestyles come with consequences. I COULD go back to my formerly flabby days any time I want to - it could happen in a relatively short period of time, I'm sure! I could then eat as much as I wanted to but I most likely would not be able to do it for very many years because diabetes and heart disease is in my family. I like my thin lifestyle the best - there are more positive perks than negative ones.

You will make it, Friend. Just choose the healthy way every time it's choice time.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby faithchild » November 22nd, 2004, 6:23 pm

Thanks Nancy for the encouragement, you are a example that are choices will decide the end result. This makes day 2 back on track, and I feel positive once again and haven't dealt with too much emotional cravings. Being able to shop in a store without leaning over the cart, and not having to make sure I bring along a towel for the sweat, that wasn't too long ago, but now I'm able to shop for about an hour, not much for some but for me it's encouraging to continue on my journey. My reasons are many to continue and I feel so much better knowing each day I'm getting closer and closer to doing everyday normal things. Thanks so much for being concern, it means alot. God Bless you....Faithchild :rose:
faithchild

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 8:23 pm

All right! 2 days down. :angel:

Let's go for three days now! :thumbup:

Shake it up and shake it off!

:cheers:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 23rd, 2004, 11:14 am

Faithchild,

It's a very recent memory for me recalling how uncomfortable I was carrying all that extra weight. Now I feel so light, it's uncanny. I want everyone to feel this way. You can do this. Keep your mind focused on the positive - see yourself reaching your goal and doing the plan every day. Program yourself with this thinking. You can do it. I want you to feel great like I do. Day 3 is here and I'm on the sidelines cheering you on.

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 23rd, 2004, 12:38 pm

Camille,

I totally concur with you - visualize success, accept the success NOW, talk positively to yourself and THINK positively about yourself. See yourself stepping on the scale with a lower reading, see yourself putting on smaller clothing, etc. Don't look back - look forward to the healthier, thinner person you are becoming.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby shineface » November 24th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Faithchild---

I truly believe God gives us what we really need when we need it and he gave me you today.

I am sitting here trying to get through a restart in day 2 and reading everyone's posts - except my own and realized after reading yours that mine can help me too ---- I am so thankful that I have helped you --- right about now I've been feeling pretty down and useless myself -- your words lifted me up --- you helped me --- you have no idea how much --- I look forward to seeing you posting here on the forum!!!

You'll do it!!!!

WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 25th, 2004, 2:09 am

Hi, Shineface!

Welcome back, Darlin' ~ we are glad that you are here to walk along beside us. We'll get there!

So, you have had a little detour - it's ok. Your resolve is strong. Your determination helped you to get back on the tracks that lead to Thinsville. Grab a hold of the outstretched hands and let's get going!

:stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby faithchild » November 25th, 2004, 8:55 am

Shineface

I'm glad I was able to bring to your remembrance one of your POWERFUL messages you posted...it surely was a blessing to me. Change... doesn't come easy, and habits... are hard to break....ANYTHING..worth having, is worth fighting for. I feel like I'm in a war, the weight lost war...I may not win "every" battle, but I am winning!!

The difference now is, in the past when I would give into tempation, I would let it throw me....for weeks, and months,....I would beat myself up, and give myself permission to fail. All I was doing was losing the same fifty pounds over and over, never reaching my goal. Now I don't look at the pitfalls as an excuse to continue to eat...that's why beginning again was so important to me. I knew if I didn't get past it, the cycle would continue. I'm an emotional eater....I'm learning that the more I find out what's eating me on the "inside" the less I'm feeling hungry when I'm NOT really hungry.

Continue fighting for the life you deserve....you've reached so many goals already...continue to share your triumphs and pain..it ALL equals Victory!!
None of this process is easy...accepting, starting, and maintenance...but I'm going to make it!! Take care, and Thanks. Faithchild
faithchild

Return to Come on in.