Diana

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby SharonR » May 12th, 2008, 9:35 am

Hey Di, I just wanted to pop into your journal and say hello ..hehe...

I am so proud of you, 180 pounds, who would have thought huh? Amazing! that latest pic in the studio is stunning...however...the hairstylist in me thinks "she" likes you better with bangs! Am I funny or what?

I wanted to tell you that while you were at Victor's bday party I was impressed at how you ate...

girls and boys...she means business....:)

Again, I have been thinking of you a lot lately, so wanted to say hi. BIG HUGS to you! Love ya!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Diana » May 12th, 2008, 6:38 pm

OH, Sharon, you make me cry. . .and laugh!!

Regarding the bangs -- That picture was taken when they were still growing out, so before the hairstylist within goes whacking them off, analyze where they are now. . .'cause I think they look pretty dang good!

I'm so glad you're back!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't make it to Jazzercise this morning. . . was way too tired since we didn't get to bed 'til 11:30 or so. I went at 4:30 this afternoon, though.

Listening to the Nurse's Call, we're only supposed to get 45 minutes of exercise. The class is an hour long. I'm hoping that the 5-10 minutes of warm up and the 5-10 minutes of cool down and stretching don't count and that, in the end, it's 45 minutes.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby cydj21 » May 13th, 2008, 7:47 am

Diana wrote:I'm hoping that the 5-10 minutes of warm up and the 5-10 minutes of cool down and stretching don't count and that, in the end, it's 45 minutes.

That seems to make reasonable sense to me. Especially the cool down...it's really just slowing you down and keeping things from cramping up after a workout without aiming to burn calories so I definitely think it wouldn't count toward a workout time. I never take into account my post-treadmill stretching when I clock my workouts. :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Diana » May 14th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Arg. This has not been a good week. I've got roamin' fingers and it's going to show at the weigh-in.

One day at a time, Sweet Jesus. . .
Diana

Postby rodeomom » May 20th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Hey Diana - just stopping by to say thanks for stopping by! You are so sweet.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » May 27th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Wow, is it hard to stop a spiral!!

I've gotten my eyes off what's most important, off where I'm headed, and I've allowed myself to be consumed by the tyrany of the urgent. I've gotten stressed out, overwhelmed and distracted, and for what?? I've forgotten an important element of the process. It's actually a procedure, and I've dropped it all together.

Lori and Nancy, without a question two of the best Health Coaches in Take Shape for Life, talk about having a daily affirmation that reflects the person you are becoming but stated in the present tense. I had one, but it wasn't meaningful or powerful enough that I even remember it now.

Ok, I need a new one. One that I will claim and internalize. Here's some brainstorming. I see myself as:
    fit and healthy
    capable
    attractive (not merely physically so)
    available and present both emotionally and physically
    honoring
    humble
    I also want to be used positively in the lives of others

My actions, behavior, words and choices will reflect how I see myself, the person I am becoming.

I have trivialized having and using a daily affirmation. I am confident, though, that I've unduly handicapped myself in dismissing this important and powerful tool. No more.
Diana

Postby Diana » May 28th, 2008, 8:26 pm

My new daily affirmation, short and sweet:

I am a healthy, strong and capable woman used by God in the lives of others.

That's the one I think I like best and now recorded and made public.
Diana

Postby vcille » May 29th, 2008, 7:29 am

Wow! Di that is powerful. There is a verse in the bible that says the words of our mouths speak like and death. It is so true. We all know about powerful thinking but also our speech. If we go around saying I'm a fat lazy slob and a failure then that's what we'll be. but if instead we say what you are saying then that is what we will be.

I'm going to strive today to say this over and over. Thanks for the insight!
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby SharonR » June 21st, 2008, 1:35 pm

Di, you really need to post here more often, I MISS YOU!!! :pet: :angel:
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Joy » June 22nd, 2008, 7:19 pm

Diana wrote:My new daily affirmation, short and sweet:

I am a healthy, strong and capable woman used by God in the lives of others.

well stated and you are!

sincerely,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » June 24th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Dang! I had a great post and with the flip of a key, >poof<, off it goes to cyberspace, lost and alone.

Ok, so I'll go make some decaf, powder my nose once again, and give this another go

..::sigh::..
Last edited by Diana on June 24th, 2008, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diana

Postby Diana » June 24th, 2008, 1:36 pm

ok, now, what the heck was I sayin'. . .

Restarting -- Day 9, liking the pudding a WHOLE lot even though it's one of the higher carb options, feeling better but accutely aware of how emotionally exhausted I am

lessee. . .

love the new dog, proud of my husband, excited for all the returnees, tired of the smoke (several fires), got to see my cousin's 6-mo-old niece yesterday for the first time, tired, possibly jury duty tomorrow, if not we're leaving for Oregon to visit Dayna and Roger and Elizabeth. . .

moved out of the classroom, oak desk and all, off work 'til July 30th, then still part time next school year (every Friday off, plus some good solid weeks in the middle), district level work with the middle schools and high schools

I think that was about it.
Diana

Postby Mike » June 24th, 2008, 1:48 pm

Now thats what I call short and to the point. Gotta love that gal... :stroll:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 3:04 am

This is kinda funny, actually -- I can't sleep. That's how this whole journal started in the first place.

Mike's so good about keeping everyone up to date, and reading and responding to stuff. . .sometimes I sit at the screen and the only thing I can think of is "ditto what Mike said."

But that's his journey and this is mine. They are, nonetheless, intimately intertwined. So, what's different about my journey?

~~~~~~~~~

I want to ask Jan about sinus surgery -- it's still looming for me. Even my dentist said I need to quit stalling. (I have to go back on antibiotics and go in for another root canal on the 15th.) Actually, it was kind of comical -- I had to have my x-rays updated. . .

Dentist (behind me, back turned, apparently staring at x-ray film in hand): You have another toothache, don'cha?
Me: (sigh) yeah
Dentist: Which one?
Me: lower right, all the way in the back
Dentist: yep, that's the one! How long has it been bothering you?
Me: oh, well, probably since after my last visit (early April -- total lie, it was almost 2 months earlier than that -- the last time, my teeth started hurting in October and I didn't tell him 'til August)
Dentist: hmph
Me (realizing I've been caught in a lie): actually, it swelled up pretty badly, down into my neck, last February when I had my last really bad bout with a bacterial infection in my sinuses. I was back on antibiotics and painkillers just like last August
Dentist: yeah, your sinuses still look pretty bad, you wanna see 'em?
Me: sure
(Dentist points out one tiny little part where they look "normal," then points out the cysts and the "extensive bilateral thickening" mentioned in last August's CAT scan report)
Dentist: so, if Kaiser's offering surgery, take 'em up on it!

I told Mike, and his reaction was, "You've had a toothache all this time and you never told me??" I asked him what that would have done and he said he would have insisted I get to the dentist earlier. I told him, comparatively speaking, it wasn't anything to complain about. It's certainly nothing compared to the migraines and sinus headaches and arthritis. It's simply annoying.

However, part of getting healthy goes beyond simply taking the weight off. So, Monday morning, I'm going to get the prescription filled and I'm going to make an appointment with the ENT surgeon guy.

Program-wise, I think I've done well. Tomorrow morning will stand the proof. I've had a couple of off-plan bites of things, but nothing to send up flares about. I know that even those few bites can make me stall or worse, but they were bites -- and singular in the moment -- not servings, and that alone is a victory.

I'm also looking forward to restarting exercise this week. I should start with walking, but I really want to get back to Jazzercise. And, of course, there's our Wii Fit. I especially like the yoga and balance games.

And now, I should really try to get some sleep. There's a lot to do once the sun comes up. Mike and I are teaching VBS (Vacation Bible School) next week. I've got the 2s and 3s, he's got the 3rd-6th grade boys. It's a waterpark theme. Should be fun. (I'm just not ready -- forgot to take the lesson book with me to Oregon and have been laid up with migraines for the last two days since we've gotten home.)
Diana

Postby Diana » July 7th, 2008, 10:28 pm

I popped into a bunch of journals. I ask the forgiveness for all those I didn't visit and leave a howdy for.

Hope to see you at the chat sessions, though. I'm really looking forward to them.

Mike and I taught VBS tonight (our church is having it in the evenings so working folks can participate. . .I think. . .). He has the 3rd - 6th grade boys; I have the 3- and 4-year-olds. And I'm POOPED!!! I will sleep well tonight, no doubt!! I have a fantastic middle-school-aged helper, Hannah, who was my helper in the nursery last summer.

Amazing -- with all this heat, I'm STILL not drinking enough water. I think I need to just line the bottles up and not go to bed until they're done even if it means many trips to the potty during the night.

I also think, with the heat and chasing youngsters around for almost 4 1/2 hours, I'll forego Jazzercise for now and still with the yoga and balance games on the Wii.

Foodwise, I'm LOVING True Lemon or True Lime in the vanilla pudding!!! Or the vanilla pudding blended with ice and a diet rootbeer. I know it's higher in carbs, but BRING IT!!! I just forego the bar and carby snacks.

I've got some cute skirts I bought just before I left the MediTrail for a month and I'm hoping (almost against all hope) that I'll be able to wear them in Orlando at the TSFL National Conference in (ahem) two and a half weeks. I think I'd better be working on a back-up wardrobe at the moment. I do, however, intend to wear the red (forgot the designer's name) tank dress I bought in Ashland at a little boutique. (It's a woman's name, starts with an A, line also carried by Norstrom, I think. . .too lazy to go two rooms over and check the closet.) Anyhoo, with the right body armour, it'll look just fine. I've also got the dress I intended to wear to our anniversary party. . .which I missed due to a nasty virus. . .and the black, frilly jacket I bought at Saks (very much on sale) to go with it. Again, the body armour will need to be employed.

The tan, though, is coming along! Apparently, my legs have NOT forgotten what to do with sunlight! I have, though, forgotten how much forethought, planning, dedication, patience and work it takes to get it to all come out even! And Mike tends to frown on me propping my feet up on the dash in the name of vanity. . . something about it being illegal or some silly nonsense. Oh, to be a teenager again when it would all just magically come out perfect without a single consideration. I sure didn't appreciate it!!

Back to my water, then bed. . .
Diana

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal