Diana

1 Thread per registered User.

:)

Postby Ginabobina1969 » October 2nd, 2007, 5:35 am

ImageDiana on reaching the 120 lb. club!!! You are a true inspiration!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » October 2nd, 2007, 5:49 am

wow diana i didnt even recognize you at first! You look absolutely fantastic :)
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MerryMary » October 2nd, 2007, 6:39 am

Congrats, once again, Di on the 120# club! :clap:

I just LOVE the NSV! That obviously made you feel really good. I can somewhat relate. I had a similar experience when I was able to fit into a suit that I purchased in 1994 (one of the few things I saved because I liked it so much!).

WTG! You are in the home stretch! :woohoo:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Diana » October 2nd, 2007, 6:38 pm

Thanks a kagillion, guys! It feels so good feel like I'm sailing through this again. I'm motivated, I'm seeing results, the end is in sight, I'm feeling better (just gotta wonder how much of my struggle was that last little bit there).
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 3rd, 2007, 2:18 am

Diana wrote:Thanks a kagillion, guys! It feels so good feel like I'm sailing through this again. I'm motivated, I'm seeing results, the end is in sight, I'm feeling better (just gotta wonder how much of my struggle was that last little bit there).

Congrats again, Diana. I have my screensaver set up so it flashes photos from my picture file so whenever I am not on the computer and watching TV or something I see you done up like Drew Barrrymore every once in a while! Remember that? Mike liked it a lot.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Diana » October 5th, 2007, 7:28 pm

do, Biki!! Drew was Mike's dream girl for years! :) My fav is still Scarlet and Rhett.

This has been a good week. I've started seriously walking again. We did about a mile on Tuesday (or was it Monday :scratch:). I had planned to do more, but we took the monster hill (Viewmont Street) in our neighborhood and, once we're over that, it's back up hill all the way to our street. Mike had a headache and our arthritic dog was lookin' pretty beat, as well. Actually, I was pleased with myself. I still can't keep up with Mike (he's such an incredible stud!! Dodgeball Tourney MVP at our school, too!), but I took the hill without breaking stride until the house just before the top. Mike, of course, was already waiting for me there.

Yesterday, I walked before he got home. There's a route we measured out years ago that's a good two miles with some hills, but, for the neighborhood, is pretty gentle (and aviods Viewmont altogether). I didn't take water, a hat, my stopwatch... I just put on shorts and my Nikes and headed out. Other than freezing (I keep forgetting that I get cold now), it was great. And since it was only 2 miles, I wasn't worried about the water. Besides, I went through a park with drinking fountains.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to attempt the old 5-mile route at the state park here in town. I haven't done that one in years. There's a spot where I can park the car in the middle with bathrooms on either end (not that I didn't used to get "close to nature" when necessary if I couldn't make it to either end first!). There's a dirt route right along the water's edge, but the mileage isn't marked (not the point of that particular trail). I may take it one day on my way home from work next week.

I've figured out how to work part time. It's REALLLY hard for me to leave! There's always more to do. Plus, my kids are struggling in other classes, and sometimes I'll go sit in with them, particularly in History or Science (or they'll get sent out to me if I'm still there). Here's what I've discovered: I make every appointment I can for as close to 11:30 as possible. That way I HAVE to leave, and I don't like going back.

Tomorrow, we have a 3-hour HA training scheduled, so tonight is making sure we've got all the materials ready, etc.

On the job front, I told our administrators to take their time finding a replacement. It's perfectly fine with me if I finish out the year, then start the Teacher Leader position next year. I know the department who hired me won't be happy with that scenario, and I know they could possibly go off and hire someone else. But in the end, that's ok, too.

The data from the scale lately has been really motivating. As has the green Eddie Bauer wrap-around plaid mini-skirt from Dayna which fits now! I'm a real-life size 18 for sure, not an Omar the Tent Maker size 18. (In the Omar stuff, I'm a 14.) Actually, the mini skirt was a lot of fun. I wore it with black tights, black Mary Janes, black scooped-neck microfiber tee-shirt, and a sage green duster length wool suit jacket. I actually got a double-take!! And not from my husband!!

Speaking of my husband -- ok, let me indulge my vanity here for a paragraph or two -- as I was getting dressed for school, he quipped, "Didn't we decide that outfit was to sexy for school?" I replied, "No, we were discussing if it was too casual." I had to laugh -- more on the laughing in the next paragraph. (Black slacks, the same black Mary Janes as above, black microfiber tank top, and white, long-sleeved, loose, gausy sweater over the top.) "Does it look too casual?" I queried. "No," he replied, "but it looks really hot."

Back to the aforementioned chuckle: the same sweater over jeans and a blue tank top with a sweatheart neckline was enough for the guards at a prison we visited last summer to send me to the "Friends Outside" trailer to change into some donated, mismatched ensemble of my own choosing but deemed more "appropriate." Yes, the blue jeans were a problem (didn't know I couldn't wear them -- even though others wearing them got in), but in the end, the only conclusion Mike, the fellow we were visiting and I could come to -- given the similar dresscode violations besides jeans that "got through" -- was that I looked too good and it would cause the inmates problems. (The fellow we were visiting gave us that assessment with a very straight and serious delivery.) When I was sent to change, it was primarily the top. They asked me to change the pants as well sort of as an afterthought.

And to think I went over 7 years without a second glance much less a date!! I wonder how my life would have been different if blindness was the norm. The fact that Mike and first developed a relationship online with no knowledge of the others' appearance is a hint to this, I think. In fact, in remembering those online encounters (nothing inappropriate) with the opposite sex in my pre-Mike days, if it ever got to talking about meeting in real life, there was the old as-long-as-you're-not-300-pounds line. There was one who must not have believed me, met me for coffee anyway, and then had to go after about 5 minutes -- late for another appointment. (Boy, wouldn't I love to run into HIM sometime!!)

Ok, enough musing! Back to getting America fit and healthy!
Diana

Postby Charity » October 6th, 2007, 1:59 am

Wow you are sooo motivating :) ! Thanks for the inspiration!!! :bow:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 6th, 2007, 2:05 am

You don't really expect us too feel bad for you for being too sexy, do you?
Poor Mike, you're driving him more crazy with every pound! :lol:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby katesmom » October 6th, 2007, 4:07 am

How long does it take before you start feeling sexy????
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » October 6th, 2007, 4:09 am

katesmom wrote:How long does it take before you start feeling sexy????

It took me 20 pounds so you just have a few pounds to go. 8)
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mickeyz » October 6th, 2007, 8:03 am

Hi Diana,

I have been trying to catch up a bit on your journal. All I can say is WOW! Sounds like things are really going your way...and I am with Biki You don't really expect us too feel bad for you for being too sexy, do you? :lol:

I am only a couple hours from you guys and I go to the Bay Area every now and again. Maybe we could meet sometime, that would be great fun!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » October 6th, 2007, 10:24 am

bikipatra wrote:Poor Mike, you're driving him more crazy with every pound! :lol:

Oh, I think I can handle it. ;)

BTW, Mickey, we have thrown out the idea to meet local forum folks and we were able to catch up with Mellowmom once (at the Gilroy Garlic Fest). We would love to meet for an L&G or something sometime. Just let us know.

P.S. - I love my wife. 8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » October 7th, 2007, 1:08 am

bikipatra wrote:You don't really expect us too feel bad for you for being too sexy, do you?

Lol, I was sincerelyy gloating, Biki! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

katesmom wrote:How long does it take before you start feeling sexy????

Katesmom -- I absolutely believe that "sexy" is in attitude and carriage (and the right bra!). Honestly, I think it was about 2 weeks -- might have been longer than that. I might have even posted it on the forum before the days when we had journals. (I've intended to create a post in my journal with links to other posts marking pivotal points in my journey -- just haven't gotten to it since the first time coincided with server maintenance or something like that and I LOST the entire post :puterboos: )

I was wearing a new peasantish blouse. Mike and I had gone to Marie Callender's for dinner and sat in a booth (!!). A guy at the bar kept making eyes at me. Obviously, he couldn't tell I was sitting with my 6'2" linebacker of a husband (seriously -- the man has world-carrying shoulders!). Anyway, when we rose to go, it apparently DIDN'T MATTER that I was with this very handsome, very large man who coulda crushed the little twerp with a backhand. He CONTINUED to look me over as we walked through the bar back to the front door.

Sharon deciding to turn me blond helped. When I noticed a big change in public reaction, though, was when I started wearing makeup. I was still about 250 lbs, but it's amazing. Men not only make unsolicited eye-contact with me in public, some actually talk to me.

Teaching early adolescents, and mostly boys at that, there have been two occassions when I was accutely aware that my appearance had been a problem. The first time, I could simply avoid certain positions and make sure things were pulled and tucked as they needed to be. The second time, I went home and changed.

The men at work, though, have been the most hilarious. Mind you, Mike and I teach at the same school. I am, however, a touchy-feely person and quite indescriminant in distributing hugs, pats on the shoulder, and I wink when my head hurts too much to smile. In the lunch room, the guys sit at one table and the women sit at another. Mike doesn't usually eat in the lunch room, but last year I made a habit of it in order to just make sure I got out of my room and saw some other adults! One day, I overheard the guys trying to decided if I was flirting with them or not. One was completely convinced I had singled him out, another (whom I've known longer) just about spit his lunch out in disbelief, but then pondered what the other presented as "evidence" and considered if in fact I had been flirting with him, as well. When someone pointed out that I was sitting at the next table, one quipped, "It's ok. She can't hear us." My immediate reaction was to be completely incensed. Mike helped me find the humor in it, though. He is, after all, the one I go home to every night! But, apparently, 100 lbs make a difference in how guys interpret a woman who freely hugs and occassionally winks.

Ok, honest answer -- how long before I felt sexy: My first date with Mike over 11 years ago when I was 285 lbs. He couldn't keep his eyes off me. And on our second date, he giggled when he kissed me. He makes me feel beautiful and cherished every single day (well, ok, 95% of the days -- some days I'm just a raving lunatic ready to kill or at least demean everything in sight, my beloved included). It's kind of a vicious cycle: I do what I can to look good for him, he melts and drools, I feel sexy.
Diana

Postby bikipatra » October 7th, 2007, 3:39 am

Diana wrote:
bikipatra wrote:You don't really expect us too feel bad for you for being too sexy, do you?

Lol, I was sincerelyy gloating, Biki! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's okay. I bragged about all the men staring at me when I wore my minishirt and tank top this summer going for a stroll with my husband. A little gloating never hurt! And you two are such an adorable couple I enjoy watching your enchanges and stories even on the board. It's like he's still trying to conquer you! Very romantic. He never let's anyone on the board forget much he adores you.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » October 7th, 2007, 10:15 am

bikipatra wrote:He never let's anyone on the board forget much he adores you.

Isn't that what its all about? ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal