Death again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby LuzInIt » October 5th, 2005, 1:19 pm

Christi Honey - I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad and your Aunt. I, too, will be praying for you and your Mom and the rest of the family, and for strength in dealing with all the extra stuff that's been heaped on your plate. You will stay close in my thoughts through the coming days. Hugs to you girlfriend.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » October 5th, 2005, 5:27 pm

Thank you everyone for your prayers and hugs and all the love. I knew I could count on all of you for it.....honestly I"ll be glad when I don't need QUITE so much attention ;) It's been a very stressful year. But...in the short of it all I am blessed. I have an allergy cold at the moment that is making it harder to keep my "sunny disposition" :oops: but I continue to try.

The weekend can't get here soon enough for me!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kassilou » October 7th, 2005, 7:21 pm

Christi, I just read this today. I am so sorry for you and your mom's loss. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through everything that you have to do in the coming weeks, and that you are able to find a time to grieve what you have lost.

God bless.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » October 9th, 2005, 4:26 am

Christi,

I am so sorry to hear about your Daddy. I know that right now the loss is so great; it can seem unbearable. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

You need to grieve. Filling up your life with busy stuff will only postpone what will happen, and take it from experience, the grief will come and the longer it takes to happen, the more explosive it will be!!!!! Take some time, be by yourself, and let it happen!

My Mom died when I was 26. I was too busy with my family and work and didn't take time to grieve. It hit me like a TON of brick about a year later!

Cherish your Mama. When you lose your second parent (I lost my Dad when I was 37), I don't care how hold you are, you are an orphan, and you feel it BIG time!!!!!!

It is true that God will not give you more than you can handle. I know it seems there is no way He can put one more thing on my plate right now, but keep your faith. God bless you Christi!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 11th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Christi................I just read this tonight and I send my deepest thoughts and prayers to all of you.............You are a woman of faith .........draw on that now as you need it the most..............this has been quite a year for you in many ways............for me the ultimate goal or gift would be to achieve a spot in God's kingdom.............may you find comfort in knowing your Dad is in a better place..........and he will always be in your heart...........his spirit is at peace in a most joyous place

Take Care...........Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » October 12th, 2005, 8:47 am

Christi~~My heart goes out to you. Losing a parent is very difficult. I lost my daddy in 2001 and my mother in 1994. My mom was 53 and my dad was 60. I miss them both and think of them daily. I am so thankful to have so many good memories of both of them.

It sounds like you have been through the mill lately. I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Christi

Postby oregonrose » October 23rd, 2005, 8:17 pm

Well here I am weeks later just finding out what's been going on with you. I am so sorry for your loss. I can only echo what the other people have said, so many wise words. Lost my mom in 2001 and even tho I "held it together" for the rest of the family and my dad it shows itself. my eye twitched for about 5 months after her death. Our bodies and souls grieve even if we arent ready to let it out. most of all be gentle with yourself. eating right is so much a part of it. hang in there and write any time. I'm back on the forum for the long haul-- ... nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.