Day 2 and weird dreams

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Day 2 and weird dreams

Postby luna » November 7th, 2004, 10:47 am

Well, I made it through Day 2 but it was harder. I did really great (very little hunger) until late in the afternoon when I began to feel HUNGRY and just a little shaky. I had one of my shakes a little early and that helped. Until I had to go run errands and my brother asked me to pick him up some fried chicken on the way home. Now that was just cruel. He says he didn't think about the fact that I hadn't eaten in 2 days when he asked me. Argh. I made it through with no cheats, dropped off his chicken and went home to fix Chicken & Wild Rice soup for dinner. I had a sugar free Jello gelatin cup for "dessert" because I was still feeling hungry. Between the two I was fine for awhile but again very hungry by the time I went to bed. My stomach kept me awake growling for awhile.

Much better this morning. Not nearly as hungry so far today. I had my oatmeal for breakfast and although I'm a little hungry right now, I can hold off until time for my shake. The hunger is a bit distracting through, making it difficult to concentrate on work. I'm sure it will get better in a day or two.

One weird thing: so far every night I've been on the program I've dreamed about food--which I never do. The night before I started the program I dreamed I was already on the program. I was talking to a friend of mine, suddenly realized I was drinking a Mountain Dew and tried to spit it out. The first night of the program I again dreamed that I suddenly "found myself" eating something I wasn't supposed to be eating. Last night I dreamed I was in a grocery store buying food for my brother and bought myself a plate of deli food then threw it away before I could eat it. All normal, I suppose, but I'll be glad when food and eating stop being such a big part of my waking (and subconscious) thoughts.
Cissy

Start date: 11/05/2004
383.8/374.2/150
9.6 lbs lost

First mini goal: 349
luna

Postby Alicia40 » November 7th, 2004, 11:42 am

Hi Cissy,

Congrats to you on your success so far. Today is day 3 for me also and I have been experienceing strange dreams and hunger pangs such as you. From what i read the hunger pangs will start to subside as we get further into the program :shock: . I read that I can have a medifast meal every 2 to 3 hours. I can tell you that right now by the 2 1/2 hours I am ready for another meal and if i weight to long I start the light headedness. I also think for lunch today I will have the chicken and rice soup but will also put some chopped up celery in it because we can have a little of that also to spice it up and get some satifying cruntch. Well just wanted to say hello we are starting at the same time and this site is great support glad I found it and glad I found you, I love reading your post please keep em up. I havent weighed myself yet but am trying to hold off till this Friday when i will weigh again.
Peace & Blessings,
Alicia

Start: 11/05/04
Alicia40

Postby fedup » November 7th, 2004, 6:28 pm

Oh, those strange dreams... I had some of those! My 2nd or 3rd day into the program I dreamt I cheated and I woke up not quite realizing it was a dream, and I felt sooooo guilty, till I realized... hey, I didn't do that! Weird huh! I never dreamed about food before either till that. I'm happy to say those food dreams went away after the first week, but during that week I had 3 or 4 weird food dreams!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Carrie » November 8th, 2004, 6:14 am

Hi Cissy,

I have food dreams sometimes too.

Usually it's a big selection process - I'm picking out all the stuff I'm going to eat and then I EAT. Sometimes they bother me, but most of the time I shrug them off. Lately I've just been thankful that they are only a dream, and beyond that I get on with my day and forget about it.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 8th, 2004, 9:01 am

Ah, yes... :x The Dreaded EatMares...it's a very normal occurrence.
Disconcerting to say the least but all very much a natural happening.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1373&highlight=eatmares
Do a search on the MakeMeThinner website for additional ‘eatmare’ stories! ;)

Remember, if you are hungry in the evening and having trouble getting to sleep, it is fine to have soup, oatmeal or a shake just before bed.

The Medifast Fast Soup or a cup of bouillon will help if you feel puny and get the ‘shakes.’

Sometimes having a cup of herbal tea can help to fill in the gaps between Medimeals.

Having an extra shake is always an option in those early days and if you end up having a 6/1 or a 7/1 day, so be it – don’t let it worry you. You will have a substantially good first week weight loss in spite of having had some extra shakes.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Eatmares...

Postby dominiquej » November 26th, 2004, 11:59 am

O My God, I have these too!

I am down 11 lbs now and I actually made it through Thanksgiving and actually lost 1 lb.

Best of Luck
"By the yard life is hard; by the inch its a sinch..."
dominiquej
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 26th, 2004, 12:31 pm

dominquej,

I was remiss in welcoming you - must have been absent that day out taking my new body out shopping. WELCOME to a STRONG MF having persevered through the toughest day to diet there is!

Congratulations to you and everyone who made it successfully through Thanksgiving! All good things comes to he or she who waits!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karen » November 26th, 2004, 2:37 pm

I use to dream about hiding gigantic SNICKERS bars all around the house!!! Now I dream about being in the 70, 80 or 90 pound club!! There is enough chockalate in MF, between the puddings and the shakes, I don't really miss the candy. I have found that chicken boullion is a GREAT way to get through the afternoon or late evening, especially since the weather is getter colder.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 26th, 2004, 5:16 pm

Karen, you're doing great! Keep up the good work!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MomJackieLee » November 27th, 2004, 3:34 am

Luna -

How wonderful to have made it through the day. I re-started today and did great. I chose the day after Thanksgiving to re-start instead of waiting 5 weeks until the normal Jan 1 resolution thing. I lost a good bit over the summer and then maintained for 5 months. Ready to get back in gear with you. After day 3 it gets much better.

Good luck and keep at it!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 27th, 2004, 4:42 am

Christy, when you had that dream that you'd cheated, when you woke up; was your pillow missing? :lol:

FYI for all of you, I just read something yesterday that applies here. People who wake up at night hungry should drink an 8 ounce glass of water. I think the figure given was that 98.9% of respondents in a study said that made the hunger go away instantly.
:water:

New members, hunger is a way of life for the first 3 days and up to two weeks for some folks, but IT WILL GO AWAY AND SO WILL YOUR FAT!!!

Stay strong. You'll be so glad you did!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Day 2 and weird dreams

Postby dominiquej » November 27th, 2004, 6:04 pm

hawaiiwhatnot/Camille,

Thanks for the warm welcome and words of encouragement.
I think this is a great place to be, everyone here is wonderful.
I see that you have been very successful on the program, which
I will use as one of my motivations.

Thanks again,

dominiquej/Gwen
"By the yard life is hard; by the inch its a sinch..."
dominiquej
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 28th, 2004, 12:32 am

Hidy ho, dominiquej ~

Wowser! You've already joined the TEN Pounder Club!

:toast: Good for you! :toast: In no time at all you'll be taking over Florida like a whirlwind - no hanging chads or hanging pounds on YOU!

Weigh to go! :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader::cleader: :cleader: :cleader:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Crongratulations

Postby Hotchick » November 28th, 2004, 8:21 am

Congratulations for making 2 days.. :cheerleader:

I have been on for 6 days now and I am down 8 lbs! :yes:

By next week I should be a member of the 10 lbs club... :-P

I still have my headache and I hear you about the hungries...I have been using boullion broth when it gets real bad usually around 4-5 oclock pm. I can get past the hungries, it's the headache that is bothering me the most... :cry:

but I will not give up...This will work...if it is the last thing I do! :bricks:

Terri
Hotchick

Postby Nancy » November 28th, 2004, 10:27 am

Hey, Hotchick ~

Sorry about the headaches. :cry: Some people do get them as their body is releasing toxins. Our processed foods have a lot of additives and preservatves that are released when we begin to use good Medifast foods and make a switch in our eating habits. :water: Be sure to drink plenty of water to help flush out your system.

Did you used to drink a lot of pop or coffee? I thought maybe you were trying to go cold turkey on caffeine, too.

You may take Tylenol and sometimes just taking a :snooze: nap can be helpful, too.

:kool: Congratulations on your weight loss - 8 pounds is great!

Yup, you'll soon be sliding into the 10 Pound Club. :thumbup: Yahoo for you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room